Supergirl Show [Thoughts & Views]

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Magician, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

No, they found out, as in: "everybody" knows now. The opening line of my previous post was a direct quote of that episode, and considering the whole bloody crap is just an extended family drama, seeing how even the president being alien was better fun in 20 year old video games, I added the source of the fun.

And besides:

Anyone except me realizing that this "uberepic" crap is just even more bloody family drama???

Seriously: worst show ever. Even Lois&Clark was better, despite the focus on the "romance" back then. So why is Barry never Flkashpointing all the crap away????
    • Like x 1
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Because Bazza only Flashpoints things that concern him, or more importantly, his mother, anything else that happens (like a loving couple finding out their son use to be a daughter) is just something they have to deal with
    • Like x 2
  3. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

He should Flashpoint everything. Back to early season 2 of the Flash, end of season 3 of Arrow, and mid-season 1 of Soupcangirl. And then establish all of them on Earth 2 because the other Earths became uninhabitable or something. And then have Legends start again, with the fun factor of today and the depth in details needed from the start. And add more kryptonite....
    • Like x 1
  4. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

The next episode is tomorrow. I am so looking forward to it. Superman Vs Supergirl
    will be awesome.
    • Like x 1
  5. Nadoj lah Level 30

So here is my feelings on all the dc shows
    -Arrow was good at first but i feel it is deferentially weakening mostly due to the huge ball room dance battles because they let the team get too big and making him more like batman than the original arrow all in all id give it a 5/10. I watch it on netflix but im not dieing to know what happens anymore.

-Flash has a great story and i really like it so far but it is beginning to suffer from the super hero cluster that hurt arrow but the better story telling helps it a lot. Casting wise i wish Berry was a little bit bigger but as a weight lifter i think you should be terry cruze sized to be a lead and i know thats messed up lol.

-Legends of tomorrow dose the big team battles so good that i wonder why more of the shows dont just copy the filming style. im not that far into the show but i like it so far. By far my two favorites are captain cold and his partner.

-super girl is confusing for me. I understand that they are pushing to have more female heros and the dc reboot comics have done a great job of it but the one girl hero who gets her own show makes the choice of her weird for me. The actress choice was good enough for me. she looks like a "super girl type" but i dont really like the writing. What story can she tell that is better than if super man was in it? They have the same powers, the same origin, They already did smallville and a superman show. Ive only watched a few ep's so maybe ill be wrong but my main take away so far is they are leveraging her relation to superman too much and they wasted an opportunity to tell a female hero story by picking what is in my opinion one of the least interesting ones. Thats not a final judgment and maybe as i keep watching the show it will grow on me, im trying to be open minded.
    • Like x 1
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

You missed an 'R' in your name :D
    • Like x 1
  7. Nadoj lah Level 30

If that is directed towards me i have no idea why this is my name. I just was given it when i signed in with my psn the very fist time and i dont know how to change it so ive left it alone.
    • Like x 1
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

So, it's a coincidence that it is "Hal Jo(r)dan" backwards? o_O
    • Like x 1
  9. Nadoj lah Level 30

I guess. But its also likely i picked that and wasnt paying attention because i am a poor speller normally let alone backwards.
    • Like x 1
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

No worries, wasn't a big deal, was just something noticed :D
    • Like x 1
  11. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

1st half of the episode today is a little disappointing. Hopefully, the 2nd half will be more exciting.
    • Like x 1
  12. sirzap Well-Known Player

it seems to me you just started watching Supergirl. The show did suffered a bit got at the middle of the first season but it go better going the end of the season.
    • Like x 1
  13. Magician Dedicated Player

That season finale was so sad.

Looks like the "cat's" out of the bag for Kara!
    • Like x 1
  14. Nadoj lah Level 30

Thats good to hear, and yes i did just start. i dont have cable so i watch it all on netflix and im catching up on all the dc shows.
    • Like x 1
  15. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

I'm disappointed to say the least for this last episode of Season 2. I thought it would
    be a lot better. Oh well, at least its been renewed for Season 3, this Fall.
    • Like x 1
  16. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

The only good thing was to see the new General Zod. Mark Gibbon of TVs Smallvile was cast.
    Smart choice.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

So...about the season finale. It was okay but seriously, the fight between Superman and Supergirl was meh. Oh and the whole Supergirl being the true champion of earth because she beat Supes at full strength is a joke. I know its her show and all but seriously, Superman, though he was being controlled by the silver kryptonite, he always exercised restraint to avoid seriously harming his opponent or causing collateral damage which might harm or kill someone else, he has more experience using his powers, has more internalized energy from the sun than Kara, hence, Superman would topple her.

And don't get me started with the climatic end fight with Rhea and the Daxamites. Humanity are unable to fight back against invaders who apparently are vulnerable to lead but find a device created by Lex Luthor which Lena uses as a weapon against the Daxamites. ROFL :rolleyes:, I guess everyone forgot about oh, I don't know, GUNS!!!!

The saving grace, is the actress who plays Kara, her acting and emotions were perfectly displayed
    • Like x 1
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

So, Mon-El finally ends up in the future, where he belongs, bout damn time :p

The next Big Bad is gonna be DoomsDay? Is it going to be defeated as easily as it was in Smallville? Or maybe look as crap as in the crapper movie? Where it looked like a reject from the TurtleBey movie?
    It can't be Zod, because unless he joined the Russian Military, how would he become a General on Earth? o_O

Rhea told Mon-El that her father was killed, when did he find out that she killed him? o_O

There is no way the lead cloud emanating from Lena's apartment would dissipate into the atmosphere that quickly, and affect the Daxamite's even quicker, it was only last episode that Not-Jimmy blew lead dust directly into the faces of some Daxam grunts, and all that did was slow them down
    Also, if they were quick enough to portal up the grunts, why did they leave their Queen to die?
    And speaking of the grunts, guess they breed them dumb on Daxam: they were issued laser-shooting staves, but once again they resort to using them as plain ordinary staves

Was the big fight between SupperGirl and SoupCan over within seconds? Or did that happen sometime between last episode (when he kicked her tiny heiny) and this episode when she wakes up on a slab in The Fortress?

Guess the writers are too stupid (or egotesticle) to come up with a way for SoupCan to remain the Earth's Champion (must have missed that series of Cell Games) and still have SupperGirl save the day
    • Like x 1
  19. Magician Dedicated Player

SoupCan haha nice! DarkVisor, please keep in mind, this show is about 2 things really: Female empowerment (we are just as bad *** as the men out there) and Gay is Okay.

SO, if you remember those two things, everything else in the show makes sense. Well, except for the retcon on Jimmy Olsen. I still don't understand that. Maybe that's the minority spin? I dunno
    • Like x 1
  20. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

That's the thing: if they had competent writers, they could have found a way to empower SupperGirl without neutering SoupCan, maybe have it that he was holding back (like he always does) and in that state Kiera managed to beat him and weaken him enough that she has to put the entire planet at risk to keep her toyboy around (which is what caused this whole mess in the first place)