Supergirl Show [Thoughts & Views]

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Magician, Oct 26, 2015.

1. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Is Alex plastered? o_O
    • Like x 1
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Too early to talk about the "Medusa" episode? Then don't read :p

Was cute seeing a tipsy Alex sneak the bottle of bourbon out of the fridge after Kara confiscated her tenth beer :D

That cute alien girl who tried to chat up Mon-El :( Hank needs to be shanked!! :mad:

Poor idiot tin-bot! Either it was reprogrammed by Hank, or it has decided that seeing how he (it?) was tricked by 'Kara' that Kara is evil, either way, it's about to be turned into a Kryptonian paperweight

Wait, if that virus targets all aliens other than Kryptonians (and Daxamites), then how did the hyu-mons survive the attack? Does that mean hyu-mons are actually genetically related to Kryptonians? Or was Cadmus able to exclude hyu-mons from the new virus but not able to exclude their greater threat: Supper-man and Soup-girl :confused:

Please tell me that Lena is faking helping her skanker-mom and that is not Isotope-454

Who knew that cyborgs could still crap their pants? :D

Huh? The big scary aliens are after Mon-El?!?!

YAY FOR MALEX!!!! :squee:

Says a lot for Kara that she got right down to it and asked "What are we up against?"

Okay, colour me confused, but so there are two different lots of aliens heading to Earth? :confused:
    • Like x 1
  3. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Th only thing that keeps bugging me is Hank Henshaw aka Cyborg Martian Manhunter, not Cyborg Superman as he refers to himself because he's supposed to look like I don't know maybe Superman. Another thing is Cadmus, do they really have to announce each time they plan to strike via tv?
    • Like x 2
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yeah, already mentioned that bit about Hank

Cadmus is a terrorist organisation, of course they have to make public announcements prior to their attacks otherwise some other terrorist cell will claim credit
    • Like x 1
  5. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Something that doesn't make sense: Winnie said isotope 454 had a unique signature he could monitor, but Lena swapped it out for something else, so what was Winnie tracking if it wasn't the 454? o_O
    • Like x 1
  6. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

He was tracking isotope 454 within the vicinity, probably in Lena's coin purse or something.
    • Like x 1
  7. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

With all the kissing that Alex and Maggie did I'm surprised she didn't just take off her shirt and say "Make
    love to me, Alex". Also, I'm surprised Supergirl and Mon-El didn't make love either.
    • Like x 1
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Surprised Winnie and not-Jimmy didn't start making love on the thanksgiving table
    • Like x 1
  9. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

Well shoot. The next episode isn't until 1/16/2017. That episode will be called "Supergirl Lives".
    Looks like the show is taking some time off, for a while. No Supergirl for Christmas, I guess. That's
    Clark's favorite holiday season. What the freak? So no Kara for over a month? Wonderful.
    • Like x 1
  10. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Last week was the winter finale, this time of year most TV shows go on a month or so break to of course avoid the holiday where most people wont be spending time in front of a TV.

Now this week all the other CW DC shows will be having their winter finales.
    • Like x 1
  11. Magician Dedicated Player

"Supergirl Lives" is directed by Kevin Smith. Should be good :)
    • Like x 1
  12. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Yeah he has been directing a few flashes, guess they like what he's doing, n said do supergirl
    • Like x 1
  13. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Lol Supergirl Lives. Crossing my fingers for a giant robot spider
    • Like x 1
  14. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Since Smith is directing , it's a play on "superman lives" a movie he was working on that never happened
    • Like x 1
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

So, it's not a reference to this?
    • Like x 1
  16. The Cat-Lady Well-Known Player

I like the way that Melissa Benoist is portraying Kara. The show is light-hearted, and I enjoy the character development and interaction. I think that Alex's recent story arc has been handled well, certainly much better than on Arrow (for instance).

While I can understand (to a point) that some people would prefer a "traditional" take on James Olson, I think that Winn fills that need, allowing James to explore other avenues of development. After all, he wasn't just "Superman's Pal". Rather, he was also "Mr. Action". I'm glad that that is being explored. He *is* a Pulitzer Prize-winning photojournalist, and Cat Grant *did* hand-pick him to lead CatCo during her absence.
    • Like x 1
  17. Magician Dedicated Player

I personally think that handing the company to James Olsen is a bit of a stretch. It would be more feasible if they had groomed him up to replace her rather shoe horn him into taking lead on the company. That new guy, the editor dude, what's his name, I think would have been a better fit for leading the company in my opinion. A person in that company role probably wouldn't have much time for playing Guardian
    • Like x 1
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yups, that Snapper Whatsisname would have been a better replacement, and similar to Cat (although with an opposite interaction with Kara {did Cat ever pronounce her name correctly? Or was she just doing that out of some sort of spite or something? o_O})

Don't have a problem with the notJimmy character (or the actor), just feel they should have made him a new character, or at least not Freckles Olsen
    • Like x 1
  19. The Cat-Lady Well-Known Player

If I have a negative response to anything on Supergirl, it's that they take the name of a known comic book character and then make a totally different character out of them. Snapper Carr is an excellent example of that. He has been the perennial sidekick for the past 40+ years! When did he escape from the JLA basement to become a latter-day Lou Grant?

Don't even get me started on the soiled kitty litter which was James Harper! *THAT* was supposed to be the fellow who became The Guardian. NAH! Let's make him totally unlikeable so that male model/photographer/vigilante James Olson can prowl the mean streets of National City!

*rolls eyes, then goes looking for an all-night donut shop*

The mind wobbles! ;)
    • Like x 1
  20. Yui Loyal Player

• Like x 1