Stats Revamp 1.7 - Electricity

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I'm just stating my opinion on the matter. I know electricity and nature are different, but I'm saying I miss the dot aspect that was there.

And "Playtest more" That's funny you should say that, because I have yet to see you actually test;let alone do anything outside of constantly arguing with everyone that disagree's with you.

Onto ignore, have a nice day.
    • Like x 5
  2. Xibo Loyal Player

Best hybrid loadout that i've found was....

Static Push, Electrocute, Wired, Electrogenesis, Shockwave, Megavolt SC.
    HB Solar Flame.
  3. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I had this big long post and then my computer restarted. Basically Voltaic Blast is crap now. You get better damage from AL whether it is 3 or 8 targets.

On 8 targets, 2 casts of Voltaic Blast will edge out Tesla Ball but that's 600 power vs 200 power. Not efficient. On 3 targets, 2 VBlasts will beat TBall, but you would be better off using AL.

On a single target it is comparable to Tesla Blast, however you can get 2 casts of Tesla Blast over 1 of Voltaic Blast. Again, inefficient.

Electrogenesis is pretty good now. A staple of every loadout IMO.
    • Like x 2
  4. Xibo Loyal Player

Feedback

- Please, make Electrocute electrifies or polariezes enemies so that our roration be a lot more smoother.
  5. Ringz Dedicated Player

Wow. Explain why please?
  6. Xibo Loyal Player

The reasons that i gave, a rotation more smoother.

Example (Hybrid Playstyle):

Loadout: Static Push (PI Applicator)-Electrocute-Wired-Electrogenesis-Shockwave-Megavolt SC.

If Electrocute is a PI Applicator so we have...

Loadout: Electrocute-Wired-Electrogenesis-Shockwave-Megavolt SC-Robot Sidekick or Neo-Venom Boost.
    • Like x 1
  7. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

No offense. You know nothing about electric. There's also no need to run two SC in a loadout. CB is better than Neo-Venom in terms of the Electric Power set.

CB
    Immune to Control Control effects (except for encasement)
    65% damage buff
    Increases crit damage and chances
    Some self-healing
    12 second duration
    can stack with Wired if using Hybrid loadout

Neo
    45% Damage increase
    80% Defense increase
    15 seconds duration
    can also stack with Wired if using Hybrid loadout

Out of that I would still prefer Circuit Breaker over Neo
  8. Ringz Dedicated Player

Oh, then naa man. Your reasoning is for personal gain.
  9. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I'm going to ask that Voltaic Blast be changed back.
  10. Xibo Loyal Player

Sorry but did you read my post? It's written EXAMPLE. In the end whatever SC you want and I neither discussed CB vs Neo.

Since i know nothing about Electricity so explain: Why Electrocute should not be a PI applicator?
  11. Xibo Loyal Player

If you want to lose damage, so ok.
  12. Ringz Dedicated Player

Lol, come on man. Listen to yourself.

You are asking to turn one of electric main move hitters into a applicator? Are you not taking in the possible overall changes that can happen to that ability.

So lets do this for sport!

Lets take away the fact, Ecute been a main move since the beginning of time and benefits off of pis. Your loadout alone itself is a problem, especially if you're talking about hybrid.

1.) is Ecute. If it was a applier, it definitely ain't gonna be doing the same type of damage it will be doing or prob even function the same if it becomes a applier. So whatever ideal for damage you're thinking of, that needs to be consider. But Ecute isn't your go to dmg dealer.

2.) Robot sidekick. I heard its been doing well, but how much of that free damage do you really think is gonna benefit you? Put it in a raid scenario, or even an alert too, that survivabilty of that robot is too much of a liability. As soon as it dies(which it will), you so much as blink or mistime bringing that robot back up your already losing damage, it dying in the first place is you already losing whatever dmg that bot suppose to pitch in You're wasting your time doing that for the robot,when you should've already hit 2 rotations of wep combo - shockwave x2 untill repeat main rotations.

3.) 2 SCs in a L/O... Aqua pretty much made it clear. Why in the hell do you want neo in your l/o, when CB is a better version of what your looking for. You switching back and forth, your gonna be wasting and losing dmg/sc building if you so even use neo>cb one time. Not only that but wasting a skill point that can go into a dmg stat.

I sport the L/O creativity, as it has been a LONG time since and is one of the funniest things to mess around with on dcuo. But your overall reasoning for wanting Ecute to be an applier is low tier.
    • Like x 1
  13. Xibo Loyal Player

The discussion is about Electrocute, so let's take off Robot Sidekick and the Superchagres out of that because they are personal choices and i just mention an example so the players can use or not use the Robot and use or not use whatever amount of Supercharges they want. Both are personal choices.

Answering your commentary about Electrocute....

- I sustain that for an important reason: Economy of power cost (in a PFTT playstyle) and would become Electricity more effective against enemies with low health, that is, duos and alerts. If you go straight with a DoT that can keep the same damage and it's also a PI applicator on the same time i think that this will be better for the power because actually on Test and on Live we have this scenario:

- Active Arc lighting or Static Push (because none of these powers are a DoT) and so Electrocute and so the another DoTs (Tesla Ball, etc);

If Electrocute is a PI so we have:

- Active Electrocute and so the another DoTs (Tesla Ball, etc);

Doing that, would help a PFTT loadout, the DoTs could be charged more fast and you can have an economy of the power cost and a replacement with another DoT. You could replace Static Push or Arc Lighting with another DoT ability but if you think that this ability is fine as it is so that's fine. I'm just expressing my opinion.
  14. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Sorry I have not tested electricity at all yet and was wondering if it could be really competitive in hybrid mode without robot sidekick.
    • Like x 1
  15. Ringz Dedicated Player

If Ecute became a applier then it might get change to the same treatment as say Inferno would be now. Its power cost would get changed for an increase because of it being a aoe and its duration, and the function itself will be weird

As of now we have the options of dot based, burst based or a mix. Im not in the happiest of terms with electric atm, but i don't think its needed.

But if you do any more testing and still believe that Ecute should be a applier, continue posting and giving your reasons. If its good enough, then my pov on it will be changed as well.
  16. Xibo Loyal Player

Tomorrow, I'll provide more tests with longer parses testing some Electricity abilities and compare with others and also compare the damage from DoTs and the damage from Bursts.

On Earth's thread Earth gives a huge discrepancy on damage against Electricity so let's see how Electricity can be more competitive against enemies with low health.
  17. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Alot of earth's DPS is coming straight from OP crystal right now. Crystal basically carries earth to the top, both on boss fights and trash mobs. So I'd probably would compare electricity to another powerset that's currently not on the nerf train if you ask me.
  18. Soder coIas Level 30

Ok, before I get to the question, I want to briefly explain something. I am a ps player and been playing pretty much since beta. I would hop on test to test all the healing powers, but I sadly can't since I own only apple computers. Anyways, on to the question.
    QUESTION: Bio-cap has a cooldown of 18 seconds(or 16 but I sadly think it's 18) Anyways, what is with this dramatic cooldown increase? Was the healing from it really increased by that much? What is the reasoning for such a long cooldown?
  19. Celestial Powers Committed Player

The healing isn't worth the cooldown unfortunately, me and a few others are looking into it though. It's a fairly big issue, all things with high cooldowns just aren't worth their cooldown (Too weak).

We have asked for the cooldown to be reduced to 12s but I guess the devs don't think it's correct.
  20. Xibo Loyal Player

CR 201
    232 SP
    60 points in critical damage
    161 points in Precision

Shockwave
    [IMG]

Tesla Ball
    [IMG]

Electrocute
    [IMG]

Electrogenesis