Stats Revamp 1.6: Power!

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Mepps, May 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jafin 10000 Post Club

That affinity mod was changed months ago on Test. It now gives back extra power to the group when you use a power dump.
  2. Moja Developer

It's a global multiplier to your weapon damage. It should net to a total of +10% (after all other bonuses) currently for Test.

Power Mastery increases your innate passive power regen, which is based only on your max Power (so yes, increasing maximum power pool will increase this regen :)). Vitalization, Crit Power Heal, and Crit Power Heal Magnitude have no effect on this regen.

Weapon Mastery still has some innate passive power regen, but it's lower than normal. In exchange it gains a total multiplier to weapon damage. In Test, the value for this is 10%, but that will change as we adjust balance. The older regen from combo meter hits has never applied in the Stats Revamp.
    • Like x 1
  3. spord Developer

It has been updated already. It now states, "Once installed in your Generator and while wearing 8 pieces of Elite gear, using a Group Power Heal while in Control role will grant extra Power to you and your group members."
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    Even with a Power-heavy spec and using Power Mastery, I run out of power very quickly trying to use a rotation of medium-cost powers as a Gadgets player. As a Gadgets player, I'm not seeing much of an advantage here with Power Mastery. Without a Controller, you'll still have to focus on using a lot of low-cost powers if you want to use a rotation that lasts for more than a minute.

Powersets with long setup times or lots of channeled powers might get more mileage out of Power Mastery.
    • Like x 1
  5. Predicament Well-Known Player

So we can throw tiered power regen out the window completely now from weapons? not being sarcastic or hating the idea just wanted clarification. We will have a system where more power is regenerated based on combo counter at all? From what you said about the removal of it in stat revamp I'm thinking of how each weapon has their own tiers. What I am thinking is you're saying all weapons have the same tier or irregardless of combo counter whether it be 1 hit or 100 hits, power will always regen the same based on any hit from any weapon?
  6. Cyro Committed Player

I like what im seeing it will prob be far from perfect but overall it sounds like a good system for power. I'll try to get on to test later
  7. Predicament Well-Known Player

Great feedback, I've read all the comments on the gadget post and know its closed now, does that mean that the power is now finalized and that is what we are getting, sorry a little off topic but wanted to respond to this since you're on here now
  8. Sugr Bear Committed Player

Oh ok, I haven't had the chance to test since afIII, thanks for the response!
  9. Predicament Well-Known Player

Also can we get a percentage of what our PPoT will be with and without specializing in Power Mastery. I like do the math to help me Min/Max :)
  10. Sugr Bear Committed Player

I wonder if the next episode is about to go on test
    • Like x 1
  11. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Gadgets isn't finalized yet.

We know there is going to be at least one more polish-pass for all of the powersets.

Be sure to leave your feedback whenever the polish pass Gadgets thread is opened.
    • Like x 1
  12. Trexlight Devoted Player

Im not sure if you've seen the changes to Weapon Power Regen from Revamp 1.0 but Power Regen on Weapons is dependent solely on the animation length of the Combo. Longer the combo, the more Power it returns.
  13. spack2k Steadfast Player

tested Power Mastery with 45k power and its barely noticeable, i suggest increasing it from 15 to 50 for testing
    • Like x 1
  14. Swiss Cheese New Player

The additional power regen in power mastery isn't very noticeable, though that could be down to the fact that it's not exactly easy to parse, and watching for such a minor change while trying to kill ... um, I mean knock things out, isn't really practical. I also worry about the scaling factor on it, though I suspect that it will end up being a percentage instead of a flat rate.
    That being said, I absolutely love the conceptual solution to the "hybrid is better" problem, which forces down the damage of the non-hybrids to keep the power from being overpowered.
    Until it was spelled out, the reason that hybrid was better than a non-hybrid build didn't even occur to me, despite how obvious it is in hindsight. Well explained.
  15. Maxwill Committed Player

It will be very helpfull and usefull if you let us have more power from Skill points ,if we'll get power per sp...
  16. Maxwill Committed Player

Ooooh what will happen after Thursday? :) new dlc ? <3
  17. light FX Steadfast Player

I dont understand the change to PoT. How is this improving it? So before the change its passive now any power cast triggers it? Are there trolls out there who are gonna go through an entire instance and never cast any powers? I just dont understand how this addresses the concerns people had about it being passive in the 1st place.

The concern was that it was made too easy. And people countered that by saying throwing PoT every 20 seconds took no skill. Imo not a lot of skill was involved but why do i come across trolls on a daily basis who struggle to cast PoT every 20 seconds then? Casting any random power for PoT is an improvement how? Im not saying its bad, just curious to how it makes it better.

And i cant help but be skeptical about this power mastery thing. Imo way too much of a focus on power with this revamp. Its not that i dont like change, its i wonder if these changes are really needed and if its all going to improve the game. I havent tested it yet but heading to test server now and will report back.
    • Like x 5
  18. EconoKnight XIII Legion

The main gripe I remember were cries about losing the double tick ability. Now it's back, and still not happy.

The ability of any power activating p ot is already in the game on live. It was an ability meant to be reserved for elite gear; and that's the real issue you have. Nothing else about this p ot update affects you and your league runs.
    • Like x 1
  19. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

This occurred after loading the 5/17/2017 Test Server Update.
    Unable to Load Live, nor Test Servers; Due to New Error Message
    Your graphics card is not capable enough for this game (VendorID=0x1002, DeviceID=0x6810, Name=AMD Radeon R9 200 Series)

This is a PC Issue, not PS4.
    It's been working fine up to a few hours ago. I restarted my computer; and still had the same issue.
    Win 10 64 Bit 16GB Ram
    Radeon 17.1.1 Crimson ReLive
    AMD FX 8650 8-Core
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Now THIS is a huge step in the right direction, hopping on test in a little while.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.