Stats Revamp 1.6: Power!

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Mepps, May 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

If you want to fix power issues start with ability costs and increasing trolls powers out those are the real issues. Increasing players passive power and things of that nature then you can phase trolls right out of instances and thats not cool. We should be encouraging more support roles not creating ways to work around them. That is already a issue i have with the passive power cause between passive power and roleless buffs you can phase a troll right out of even a raid if speced properly and thats just plain stupid.

All this passive power stuff is leading us back down the AM road.
    • Like x 5
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

What's the point of the Weapon Mastery Spec? There doesn't appear to be a big trade off for using it or WM combos for that matter.

I tried Handblasters, the damage increase was barely noticeable.

Each of the combos Melee and Ranged Average out 6900 damage each for me. That's also for WM combos too, Which is disappointing.
  3. PSYL0CKE X8 Well-Known Player

awesome
    can we get it changed to 20 secs to give us more time to use weapon attacks too
  4. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

(suggestion from me Trex, and Curse to once you spec into the Weapon master or power mastery the other one should be grayed out depending on which one you chose the other should be grayed out).

here's a link of a video of Trexlight suggesting it during a live stream ask me to clip it.

https://clips.twitch.tv/PlainSpotlessRadishCoolCat
  5. zor ile Well-Known Player

yeah the power mechanic thing is just like am now on live. what's the point of doing any of this if you have that in the game lol? I only tested hard light and sorcery and it doesn't seem to work that well for sorcery just hard light so far.
  6. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Possible bug: The Power Mastery that removes power regeneration from weapon attacks also disables supercharge regen from weapon attacks.
    • Like x 2
  7. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I have a question as far a power over time is concerned. If you have two Trolls, will the POT tick from the troll with the highest VIT win, or will it be whichever troll used the last power? Or are you going to allow POT to stack, so everyone would get a tick from both trolls?

I can see it possibly being difficult to add something on the back end to figure out which POT value should be applied (based off of who is still up/in the fight, has used a power in the last x seconds, etc.). But I don't think groups should be penalized for taking a lower geared troll into an instance with them (by either having lower ticks part of the time, or the main troll having to use a power immediately after the lower troll every time)
  8. TheDark Devoted Player

I haven't had time to focus on what's been going on with the Stats Revamp for a while. I might have time tomorrow to briefly experience the troll changes, or atleast get detailed info on it in a PM. But allowing any power to active power over time is basically the same thing as the Auto Pot feature that's been on test server for trolls since powers like the instant power heal are usually spammed anyway. A debuff expires after 12 seconds on test if I remember right.

I don't mind this Elite Affinity Bonus being recycled but I rather not have it done mechanically internal like that. Maybe as an option for some players. As in a mod granted earlier in the game to players instead of requiring 8 elite pieces. Or a skill point requirement that will turn it on similar to the damage mechanics options being tested. Put a skill point into so and so, it then turns on. This while continuing to have a manual PoT cast. I'm old to this game. So I'm going to favor something I have to physically active. But I also prefer something that will require my attention. I want something that keeps me aware atleast with the power healing mechs.

If this autoPoT feature by casting any power idea stays then ok but atleast do something interesting with the power healing mechs. For example, the time span is 12 seconds ( I wouldn't mind increasing it. I'd need to play around with a standard power healing rotation and one that's stress tested to be sure. What's on live for PoT is a good window for multiple duties for a troll if they ever come up in raids that is.), why not give a 2 or 3 second window where if the controller cast a specific power, or type of power, power healing magnitude (not % chance) is increased by something like 30 to 60% on an instant power heal (for clipping) OR if you cast a specific/type power towards the end of the new PoT cycle.

So on second 10 or 11 to 12 is where you would have to cast (A) instant power heal, or (B) specific/type power to get that high magnitude power heal increase to, preferably, 8 players. Again, I think a PoT cycle longer than 12 seconds would work with that. Essentially, I'm trying to mimic the solo double/triple tick mechanic. It has to be something that is practical and reaches more than half the team. There are different combinations you can alter this with. Ultimately, I'm aware the excuse is going to be around power healing from mechs outside of a controller or 2 controllers. Even there, depending on dps spec & overall power consumption of the group, this could work there.

As a Controller looking at the power healing aspect of the role, I want to play with something that requires my awareness/focus despite everything else going on in a raid (like hopefully the team brings back bosses that need to be damage debuffed to remove their high damage buff), and rewards me and the team for my skill is performing a mechanic on time.

Edit. I forgot to specify a magnitude power healing increase for a burst type of power healing ability for that 1 cast within that mag increase window. I say one cast because it shouldn't be a lenient window for most players to where they can get 2 powers off that heal mana. Only downside to that would be lag.
    • Like x 1
  9. supalova20 Well-Known Player

DEVS....i feel what people are saying.... listen.....you got a hot idea but executing it wrong....ive been controlling since 2011....P.O.T. was a 20/21 sec tick right..EXAMPLE in HARDLIGHT....if IMPACT (the train move I believe) is one of the P.O.T. choices then all you have to do is make it a 20/21sec cool down timer....that way the controller with the highest VITILIZATION knows when to throw P.O.T. back up....that will give him and the other troll enough time to defense, heal, attack rebuff when needed and build up their power back up to dump power back to the team....this keeps skill and teamwork in the game for CONTROLLERS so the 2 controllers can get a lil action (dps) if they feel the need but more importantly THE COOL DOWN TIMER of the P.O.T. power move would be beneficial to keeping TEAM POWER BARS FILLED so the 2 healers tank and 3 dps can do their thing....skill and fun back in the controller role....problem solved....this is why you have 50 dps on a team....smh....you really should promote 2 controllers and 2 healers for team skill...all you need is 3 dps for a team now that the numbers on dps are close to each other....BURN IS a stupid term the non skilled community has come up with on live that is ruining the game live with this solo controller and healer crap....pre nexus was fun times with tank 3 dps 2 healer 2 controllers....thus is your time to correct this solo mess and bring back fun team based skill 1 2 2 3 makeup....
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Feedback

Instead of Auto PoT either passive or "cast upon power" how about we move some powers to be PoT moves instead of others.

For example

with quantum you could change the PoT move to Anomaly and make that a PoT move that way you can carry that move as both a CC move in your loadout and a manual PoT move, if you're then casting that quicker than one every 12 seconds you're likely over casting it anyway
    • Like x 1
  11. Shark Dental Devoted Player

OK, feedback about the new Weapon Mastery point.

First off, I understand that what we have now is not the finished product. So there are a lot of balancing issues between individual powers, different combos, amount of imputs vs. damage, and certain weapons vs. other weapons. That's still pretty messed up so I won't comment on it because I imagine that will all get a pass later on.

So, to compare damage with what I tested earlier (PftT via Power Mastery and also full might hybrid) I put on the same CR 190 gear straight out of the box, 0 mods, 0 sp in power (lol), 20 + 40 in crits, 123 in precision, and all the handblaster mastery combos (this toon does have 232 sp, but I wanted to keep precision at 123 to stay comparable to earlier.

Results:

1. Open world. Wow, smooth as butter. I mean, wow. Damage-wise, it was anywhere from 12k-20k depending on crits and number of adds (compared to 17.5-18.5 for PftT and 20+ for 123 might). Now, that seems kind of low, but the actual fights were way easier because of the interrupts, etc. Probably still kind of low.

2. Solo: Again, super smooth. Boss fights were so easy, I think numbers were actually higher during boss fights with weapons than any other playstyle, simply because Athena kept getting knocked of her feet and stunned (i mean, not constantly, but way more than with trying to PftT).

3 Raiding: wasn't able to raid yet, so can't be sure.

Conclusion: I'm guessing that the controller buff will be useful, but I doubt we'll reach to level of damage of a full might specced individual with a power-hungry rotation in raiding situations. Overall, weapon mastery concept seems very solid, final numbers will no doubt require tweaking to make it viable in smaller content while not making it OP with the controller buff in raids. I'm liking it though.

Weapons themselves need major work. (My favorite is the damage difference between explosive shot mastery and arrow fling mastery, lol. Explosive Shot M. is Hold - Tap - Hold and final hit is like 20,000. Arrow Fling Mastery is Hold - Hold - Hold and final hit is 2,000. Not joking.)
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

In the past I would agree with you (about Anomaly). But now I use it to group up adds for easier dpsing. But the idea is nice, I like manual PoT. That said, the devs already stated what their intention is, and it doesn't sound like they'll be changing it.

I just wish things weren't the power dump spam fest they are now. But that's for another thread, and a bygone era I guess.
    • Like x 1
  13. Pyrometers Active Player

How abot making so only debuff powers can also P.O.T and not any power or just switching it back.
    • Like x 1
  14. stärnbock Devoted Player

Yeah. But if you get out of power, and that still happens fast, you are basicly ******.... It is not that you replenish enough power with the buff to be able to use stronger powers, because if you cant get power by weapon attacks and cant get enough power to attack, you are basicly double penetrated...
  15. Fies Committed Player

- Pot as on live (without the elite bonus) is the way to go. Your passive concepts (which are pretty much the same btw) are just boring. Rather unify the debuffs if its about loadout-space. Overall the "support" roles on live are more enjoyable (imo).
    - How are you going to balance "power mastery"? The moment the regen becomes useful/desirable (number - wise) you will run into "problems" unless you restrict weapon usage which will again require AM-like regen to be sufficient.
    Band aids that dont really fix anything imo.
    • Like x 1
  16. Maxwill Committed Player

Yeah I've written some times that they should make pot a percentage based on max vitalization or somehow that our vitalization really matters, stats matter? 27.000 vitalization and the pot is same as it is on live with about 8.000 vitalization...pretty much same for group power heal.So we have 3 times or more vitalization , alot bigger powers issues and the power out is almost the same compared to how it is with cr matters.It makes sense to have also at least 3 times more power out from pot and group power heal.We would still have some power problems but not so huge

Also THE POWER we get FROM SP it's TOO LOW ! We have to spend about 160 sp to get 200+ power per sp... 1 sp for 200 power is nothing compared to 7700 powercost of a power...
  17. Maxwill Committed Player

It's not a huge step , it's a small step in the right direction.I'm talking about dpses that want to play from the tray .
  18. Xibo Loyal Player

Feedback

Weapon Mastery

Increase basic attack to 270 and reduce power regen to 30.

Power Mastery

Increase power regen to 30.
  19. Maxwill Committed Player

Yeah I've been saying that for months now...

More power out from pot and group power heal.

More power from Skill Points, per Skill Point.

Less powercost at least for high powercost powers .

Now let's see if developers make those things happen.
  20. Maxwill Committed Player

Seems some players want auto pot , some others don't...

Why some players want auto pot?

How about let us pot with specific powers and increase power out from pot and group power heal Developers?So our vitalization really matter, so stats actually matter !
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.