Stats Revamp 1.4 - Light Feedback

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VioletSorceress Committed Player

As it stands right now, Light offers only PftT in the form of combos.

In order for Light to be able to offer regular Weapon clipping and later Weapon only play style:

1. Chompers should change to a 300 power cost full strength DoT
    2. Spikequake should change to a 300 power cost burst which would further differentiate it from Chompers, since right now they are more or less same power.
    3. Ram and Impact should receive a buff and start utilizing Dazed PI as a spammable low cost weapon combo clipping abilities.

Additional convenient changes would be:
    1. Light Weight to have second version to fall from the like Shard of Life/ Meteor/ Rumble Crush.
    2. Triage to be changed to work like Totem/Soul Well/Cursed Idol but instead to summon a Power Battery at the field that heals player and knocks enemies down or pushes them away like the one Kyle Rayner Legends has.In any case Triage should be a PvE Detaunt/Aggro Dropper or receive some sort of CC effect.

It is very weird that Light doesnt have even one animation that uses a Power Battery. Triage and Restore SC seems like a good candidates for animation changes.
  2. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

I love your idea except for triage. It's seriously the best pvp power for light if you specked into dom and resto etc. My 2 fav things for light in pvp were lb and triage.

I like the battery idea but group shielding gives power so have a battery not giving power would kinda be stupid. Like kyle or walker in legends I get it.

Lw does need something. Ballistic should have burst aoe but no big hit and no cast and it would ne worth using.

Ram and impact need to be dazed 250%. People loved this power because of clipping not necessarily the jump version.

I do love everything you said cept triage and restore. Idk how you could put a battery cuz it should buff you or give power and you can't add another power ability because then all trolls would need it. Can't make it a might buff because it would offset weapons. Exactly why I don't like the weapon idea.

Hands down the best idea of all ideas ram or impact being dazed and then channelled mg and lb would actually have dazed.

Yes and hitting anything the combo meter never dropped weapon power etc.
  3. Karasawa Loyal Player

I agree that PftT seems like the only real option for Light atm. It's hard to come up with any ranged rotations if you just want to clip with your weapons. I'm also disappointed that there are no 100 cost construct combo starters like Atomic has. I was hoping the revamp would make construct combo clipping viable again, but having all the combo starters at 200 or 300 cost makes it difficult.
    • Like x 1
  4. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Please make ram and impact apply dazed. I'd rather clip with a combo if possible. <Of all things Holy this.
  5. VioletSorceress Committed Player

I meant Ram and Impact to benefit from Dazed PI, not to apply it!

We already have Entrap that can apply Dazed PI (where it previously applied Crushed PI) which can follow into a melee rotation via Swings or it can go into Impact for a ranged rotation. It was actually a pretty good decision from Devs' , In case you have missed that change! :D :D

It would be a Green/Yellow Power Battery that would replace Triage and it would restore Health and push enemies back or knock them down.
    Idk why are you fixated that it should exactly restore only Power, its not a Blue Power battery. :p
  6. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

No I didn't notice that. I been trying to test it with dazing device which is like splosions animation and is coming up as white numbers
  7. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Just did that and that is cool cuz you can clip a combo with a combo and apply dazed and go into impact. I like that
  8. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Just used hb pulse beam over n over to see my supercharge meter and using lw it takes about a 3rd of the time to build it then just using a weapon.

I guess trolls are going to use this as the output debuff and be knocking people around.
  9. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Overall I still wish ram and impact did it though. Try triage on live if you play light. It's clippable and without power points not going to cause loadout problems even though were not testing pvp it's in the back of my mind. I can't really test lb on a dummie clipping it during a combo to see if it's alot better from the tray being wed be all might someone would have to do it in instances.

Also I don't get having another weapon buff with instant if other powers won't in pvp won't that give trolls and edge?
  10. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Umm youre buggin if you say my power pool is TOO low.. Im a dps..You got proof of this(45K) bro? Bcuz Youre going against everything almost is saying in the chat.. HL is a spam power bro, thats make it unique.. I dont see how using old methods is competitive in todays game when other powersets do 2-3 moves and hit max damage.. HL is not built like that, dont lie bro.
    • Like x 1
  11. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  12. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

I'm one of the only people that cap out when I do clip heavy/PffT loadouts. I don't test for bugs and running duos or solos, I test for exploits and best rotations for alerts/raids.
  13. BumblingB I got better.

Spec all power, add power 6.2 generator mods, add might and power 8s to your gear, add the power chest mod, use the league buff. All adds up and possible to pftt.
  14. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I can do more dps clipping weapons with choppers and ram then the ranged infinite combo lol. Something has got to change there cause the dps is super low. Now clipping powers seems better dps wise but then power becomes a HUGE issue.

Like I said in the rage thread after the initial activation the inputs of the combo should not cost additional power cause with combo powers your clipping things in pretty fast and you end up using more power then you would with other playstyles. I know what you were aiming for but from all the combo powers i have tried power is a issue with them all. I can spec 137+ skill points into power and drink a energy soda an still only get 30 or so seconds of run time with combo powers but with other playstyles i can run much longer sessions at the dummies even using some higher cost loadouts to collet data and try stuff out. Combo power costs are just insane :(

And someone prob mentioned it but ram is only hitting once. I didn't really read to much of what anyone else said yet and only put a hour+ time into light but from my initial impressions it looks like its could have some potential but man the power if not running a infinite combo is terrible but then if you run the infinite combo the dps is terrible.
    • Like x 2
  15. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

But go ahead and get power cost lowered though, I got 2-3 loadouts I can't run full-time that only last for ~45 seconds even with a soder, pot, and dumps that should be competing with nature even with swarm currently sparring target wise. If power cost gets lowered, I'm bout to crazy with 47k power xD
  16. Ringz Dedicated Player

They stated that ram is intended to only hit once. If you ask me, thats silly o_O
    • Like x 2
  17. Karasawa Loyal Player

What damage rotations have you been using?
  18. BumblingB I got better.

Load out's of those? It would help alleviate some concerns as well as help with balance.
  19. Karasawa Loyal Player

I think most of the combo extensions are fine at 100 power cost, but there's a few constructs with very fast animations that can blow through your power quickly if you're not careful. Combos like the first 3 taps of Light Claws and the last 4 taps of Boxing Gloves come out quite fast with every tap costing 100 power each. In those instances (and probably a few others) I think it'd be fine to lower the damage a bit to get lower power costs (50-75 cost perhaps).
  20. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

I've been testing old loadouts from Kaiser mostly.
    For 30 second parses at 166 and a boost soder and single target:

*chompers and inspiration hit off cd*
    PvP Rotation I tried that did good damage - HC(x)-tap-GH-F-tap - 9100
    Kaiser Rotations:
    ST-F-tap (8300)
    ST-F-tap-Gh-F-tap (7600)
    St-F-tap-F-tap (8700)
    R-ST-F-tap (8300)
    BS Rotation:
    HC(x3)-tap (7000)
    infinite ranged combo (6800)

The 8300-9100 rotations I did can do good damage for 30s. When I spec for more power to run them infinitely with a soder and a troll, the damage goes down to like 7500-8500.

3 Targets, for some reason, the best rotation I found was actually just ram->whiplash clip spam but it only lasts for like ~40 seconds even with 47k power but it got me ~18.1K dps compared to more regular rotation that only got me ~13-16k.

I recorded the infinite version of ST-F-tap-F-tap last night. Even when I went full might mods and full crits, I couldn't get an infinite combo reading for close to 7000, let alone 7500, let alone in the 8000's at 166 even with a nitro.

If you want the pot and dumps to test the rotations I use for your cr, then let me know since I'm going to be on all day.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.