Stats Revamp 1.4 - Light Feedback

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Wut are people parsing on a single target dummie with light in the war room?
  2. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

I'm the only person I know testing at 166cr (215sp, 8 mods, 6.2mods, buff soder, 166 troll gear pot on me) but:
    highest mid range (30s) - 9100
  3. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

I 'm 172 217 sp. when you make your test toon skip to cr 100 and get the extra sp.
  4. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

I guess you did but didn't get the monitor free feats?
  5. Riddim7 Active Player

Hmmm, really dont know how to describe what was feeling when first tested HL after revamp. Since i remember Hl was combo based power and now when only weapon attack give power return, combo mechanic is just pointless since after 1 rotation power bar is empty. I could aswell use any other power, press 1-6 powers from loadout and would be the same empty bar and fun like from Hl combo atm.
    • Like x 1
  6. BumblingB I got better.

Try speccing into power only and see how long you can combo. Also, try to add a few channeled powers, like minigun or light blast in between your quick one hit attacks. The channel will allow your in combat regen to up some.
    • Like x 1
  7. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

MY STATS
    Might :10649
    Precision 9762
    power:30889
    Weapon : Hand blasters
    CR:176
    SP allocation: 20+40 into crits/ 1 MIGHT+ 1 precision, REST into power

MY TWO CENTS:

HARD LIGHT RANGE DPS, to me feels no different than what is on LIVE. It is still UNDER-PERFORMING on test, still feels clunky, no real strengths, no clear direction to choose, No real VARIETY in the loadouts (its either youre running melee loadout or Range loadout or switch between both).. This power suffers from play style IDENTITY crisis.. Its design is one thing but, the way the devs nerfed the power set, it doesnt play like it SHOULD. With that being said, i want to display my criticism.

MY FRUSTRATIONS:
    MY frustrations come from two main issues with HARD LIGHT or combo based powers right now(on TEST)..

1. Long animations/clipping
    2. Power cost.

NUMBER 1.. Long Animations vs CLIPPING
    Long Animations vs Clipping.. So hard light has a TONS of long animations, which isnt necessarily a BAD thing, but the LONG ANIMATIONS suffer from the same thing DOTS do.. SLOWER speed vs BURST... Once again, if youre going to balance the game you have to balance the PLAY STYLES as well! See Hard light can be a either a SPAMMER power or long animation power. That would be ITS STRENGTH while having variety.. But on TEST its the total opposite of everything.. The long animations are not damage rewarding, and neither is the CLIPPING(chaining) into other combos. As you dont get credit for the remaining damages, if you clip into another combo before the animation is over. Plus, They nerfed the INITIAL DMG, so clipping into each combo isnt rewarding either. lol HL is underperforming when it comes to other powers on test(probably the worst as of now), maybe its because its the ONLY power that doesnt really have LOADOUT SYNERGY.. Meaning, the power is HEAVILY reliant on knowing what powers to chain into to reach a certain COMBO you're looking for.. With that being said, Longer animations need to be more DAMAGE rewarding(similar to the weapons pass where longer weapon combos achieve the HIGHEST DMG), especially the RANGE combos.. Here is how to achieve it..

MY SUGGESTION:

There should be Combo meter tiers, similar to LIVE..
    • When the combo meter reaches 20x, construct combos dmg increase by 10% Tier 1
    • When the combo meter reaches 40x, construct combos dmg increase by 15% for combo animations that last 1.25 seconds or longer (tier 2)
    • When the combo meter reaches 60x, construct combos dmg increase by 20% for combo animations that last 1.25 seconds or longer. (tier 3)

Now as you can see, with that set up.. Players will NOW have access to BOTH clipping and longer animation play styles.. As you can see clipping players still benefit from TIER 1, as well as players who utilize longer animation times. Tier 2 and 3 will give players the option to choose optimal time to clip animations vs longer animations.. Of course, the numbers and tiers can be tweaked, but ive tried every range loadout possible, and it seems like most powers out perform HL by DOUBLE THE DAMAGE..

My last suggestion is, that HL is missing some REAL INTIAL BURST Damages from the range combos. I saw SPORD mention that they are willing to remove CC to increase damage(DPS side only). That is fine by me.. DMG right now for HL on test is nowhere NEAR competitive.

NUMBER 2.. POWER COST
    This has to be the newest frustration for me playing with this power. Combos were supposed to be different from BURST powers but yet HL gets nerfed time and time again. Not only does this power UNDERPERFORM in DMG but it cost too much to spam PFTT for horrible damage.. My suggestion is raise the POWER cost to 300 to initiate combo from loadout, 50-75 power cost to continue chain. This also works well with my TIER suggestion as it encourages players to build up their COMBO METER to get increased dmgs.

SIDE REVIEW:

STRAFF RUN vs BALLISTIC ASSAULT(SUPERCHARGE)

They both roughly do about the same TOTAL damage in the first 10second span. Straf RUN hits hard on inital Hit(23k NON SPLITTING dmg) then DOTS, but the best part about this is that you can use your powers while STRAF RUN is doing its things..But Straf Run leaves a LARGE DOT(1k-2.4k per tick) even after the animation is over which is nice.. BALLASTIC ASSAULT, IMO is HORRIBLE.. Its Vulernable to INTERRUPT enough said lol.. The devs GIVE you the OPTION to jump cancel, but it cancels the dmg? If you activate Ballistic ASSAULT during a fight, and you get KNOCKED out of animation the DMG is cancelled as well.. SMH. Disappointed in BALLISTIC ASSAULT, not much changes to it, so it FORCES players to go with STRAF RUN, bcuz being locked into a SC animation that doesnt even compete with your loadout dmg is not a good choice.You'd be droppin DPS to use BALLISTIC ASSAULT. Which would be Ballistic ASSAULT would have to be better in terms of damage vs your own loadout to even consider using it..
    Overall STRAF RUN is better..

SPIKEQUAKE vs CHOMPERS
    Can someone explain to me; WHY DOES SPIKE AND CHOMPERS OVERRIDE EACH OTHER??
    SPIKE and CHOMPERS have good intial dmg but Chompers has better DOT that last a good 6seconds. while SPIKE does horrid dmg for 12seconds.. Seriously at Tier 8 with over 10k MIGHT, no power should be ticking for 100 DOT.. disappointing.
    OVERALL: Chompers is better, bcuz you can recast it after 6seconds without dropping the Combo meter,plus it does better damage.

OVERALL
    i have to give HL testing 3/10.. Nothing stood out for me..HL is still Unique to use, but its too slow, Power cost removes Pftt(as most moves are 200 and continue to cost per combo smh) Damage is wayyyyyy under performing, SC are either too long to achieve or clunky, there is no BENEFIT in DMG from letting the ANIMATIONS play out vs clipping and AGAIN HL just plays too slow vs other powers that can achieve MAX dmg after 2 moves consistently.
    • Like x 1
  8. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

I like the spikquake idea wit chompers and it is dimb how it is.

Ballistic is dumb.

I don't like the idea of do 20 combos more dmage then 40more because that doesn't promote clipping at all and I hate how it is on live.

I can at least throw a power fan now at the end of a combo and it's worth doing.

The range combo hits horrible weak and needs buffed.

If there is way to make 2 versions one witb clipping and one how he said ok but i don't like being forced to just chain but even though I like it I want the option to clip. On live there is no clipping at all for light.

I only play light and don't just have 6 other powers to play. Id rather it be how it is and you make some things stronger.

Range combo stronger it's bad

Lw - is bad

Ballistic assault needs cast removed somehow because it's worthless

Chompers and spike quake need to do something together .

From wit I see they do get stronger but not for long and I like it that because I don't wnna do only one combo over and over like on live cuz it's stupid.
  9. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

But thats the thing, you dont have to do only one combo over.. Even with what i proposed, you can still use other moves in your loadouts, it doesnt reset your COMBO meter.. GO try it out..
  10. bmce84 Loyal Player

You don't need to change anything now, the stats and weapons trees will be different so anything you do now to them will be irrelevant when stats comes. And they said something will done about the mods situation (probably make a marketplace item that we'll have to pay for) to replace Precision with Might.
  11. bmce84 Loyal Player

That wont work unless costs are fixed, as is there's almost no chance of getting to 20hit counter unless you spam the one range rotation that's power friendly, because everything else uses too many taps to be viable for that.
  12. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

I get wut your saying I wasn't looking at the combo meter I was looking at parsess and seeing if I could use what we do now on live and see if we could use old combos. Etc I'll put all my combos n stats and look at wut ur saying in the am. It's almost 2 am.
  13. Shark Dental Devoted Player

That's the problem. I absolutely love your idea about the increased damage for combo length, because i think it really reflects what makes light unique. But it has one fatal flaw.

People would just pick dual wield or handblasters, spam attacks to get to 40 or 60 (pulse beam does like 12 or more in each stream) and then start spamming powers with the increased damage. Maybe it would be better to give a smaller increase per combo performed, not hit counter. Like 1% for the first combo, 2% and so on...if players want to use a hybrid playstyle (clipping, etc.) they won't get that much of a damage increase from the powers, but they have their weapon damage to make up for it. I'm not worried about hybrid right now. PftT could really use those percent increases because of the animation times like you said.
    • Like x 3
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Oh and there would have to be a cap, of course. Probably like 10% or 15% i'm guessing.
  15. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Actually, this isn't a bad idea for all powersets. I hadn't thought of it before but it would be a way to finally make PftT have the damage it's missing vs. hybrid. There could be a power chain that would give you a % increase each time you use a power (based on the power cost, of course, 100 cost powers would raise it a little, 300 cost powers would raise it more). That's something that would help PftT to finally compete with the other playstyles (well, hybrid since weapons-only still needs help too).
  16. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

I also suggested power cost solution. its right above..take a look..
  17. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

If you really think about it.. Any player that decides to rack up on COMBO meter using low end weapon DPS attack(dual or HB like u said), will surely get OUT DPS by the time its all said and done. Youd have to sacrifice 40secs with HB to get to 40-60 combo meter even if so. and thats just to get started.. Thats almost a WHOLE MINUTE of low end dmg, while other players will already be 700-1mill. But if you take a closer look at what i proposed, i mentioned that ONLY construct COMBOS would benefit...
  18. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

1. forget about your crits. playstyle unlocking a stronger rotation > extra topping of damage
    2. your power pool is low. you're at 30k power at 176 while I'm at 45k at 166.
    3. you guys really need to do parses with a troll instead of expecting to do the most power hungry powerset rotations for free just from power regen. With a pot and dumps, I've been going back to Kaiser-era clipping rotations from nexus/dox and beating my infinite combo by like 17% more damage.
  19. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Would this have something to do with certain things in the game that only seen to respond to precision damage, so now that HL is might based the attacks don't register? For example, I remember there being crystals in the zameron duo that you could do might attacks to all day and get no where, but the second you did a precision attack (usually weapon attacks) the crystals would break.
  20. L T Devoted Player

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.