Stats Revamp 1.4 - Light Feedback

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harlequin Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  2. spack2k Steadfast Player

they stack so if u play with a troll in the group and hes using recharge(u never know) while playing the weapon only style u will have 43% prec buff all the time.
    • Like x 1
  3. niteravn Active Player

First, I have been on the test server for years but haven't commented because everything seemed to be getting covered, including sarcastic barbs that are not needed. Second, the main issue with HL was the absence of clipping (which made HL great) and the damage output. If you could melee, then you were fine (mostly dead but fine). If not, numbers were not great. Stat revamp was SUPPOSED to fix that . It really hasn't. Play from the tray is not really viable unless you are having power supplied to you. Every tray power, even in combos costing power? And the cost! Be real. Melee is out unless a troller is present. Range is not doing nowhere near the damage that it should. If you want the combos to cost power, then make it 50 per power, not 100 per tap. Still not the best solution since power cost on live is just the initial power BUT it slows down on the clipping. I realize that this is just the first round and I am OK with that. I am OK with it now being MIGHT based instead of Precision. But something needs to be done about power and low damage using range.
    • Like x 1
  4. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

It's because these objects are only effected by precision damage, and light is now might based. You have to use your weapon, like all the other might based powers have always had to.
  5. Harlequin Devoted Player

Avalanche in Ice and Chain Gun in Munitions break objects and they are might based.
  6. BumblingB I got better.

Same for EMP and Pdart. It just depends on what is flagged to do damage. (Note, it's not worth using emp or pdart to break the portal, since it only hits for 1s.)
  7. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Yeah I kinda feel Like there was completely no thought behind this and someone did combos on a lunch break.

Since I tested this power I'm finding it hard to find a reason to play. I believe power tokens should change all your roles gear when a revamp happens.

I don't want to troll in this game anymore and I dealt with the power being slow because of am's. Now it's slow without an am.

I wish they'd go back to before wm during nexus and dox when every part of the game was great only difference subtract jump cancelling and balance with the parser system.
  8. Rockdaddy099 Level 30

How do i download test, Hl is my main and now I have to change my specs from precision to might,gunna have try this
  9. PBCF Active Player

Ok maybe I am just not understanding what I'm reading for the HL stat changes , and since my main character is of course HL , I am completely lost on where to put my sp on the test server , could someone message me on what to put them in if possible , because so far everything I have tried on test I am having horrible outcomes & bad issues with it even doing solo's , not because on the reg server my toon is a scrub or anything of that sort I'm sittin at & I know it's still low but 243 sp on the reg server , I'm still working on her & I got a long way to go, however with these changes I hate to say it but changing hl to Might , sucks , unless I am just screwing up the spec. So any help on what to put my sp in on test would be a great help so that I can actually test HL properly I guess.
    • Like x 1
  10. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Might/Pow mods. 20 points in crit chance - rest in power until you cap at 170-175. rest afterward in crit damage. go troll role and have recharge and inspiration on your loadout. you're welcome.

Sidenote: Infinite chaining with HL on test produces horrible damage. Do clipping rotations.
  11. light FX Steadfast Player

I ran 1 instance as HL and it was the hades duo. And i ran out of power a few times because of breaking out from interrupts. Ive played HL since pre gu36 and imo this version on test right now is the least fun version of HL ive played. The weird thing to me is for so long in this game the dev team has let the combo powers be able to combo w/out using more power. I question why HL, celestial, rage and atomic more recently were able to do that for so long before it was changed? Clearly there was an imbalance there when it came to power usage. So if its being changed in the name of balancing things then why was such an imbalance left in the game for so long?
    • Like x 2
  12. MrHoiPolloi Well-Known Player

Ran the Hades duo repeatedly yesterday and today to get a feel for three different types of play styles: weapons, play from tray, and hybrid. None of them were appealing. First of all, I don't want to use my weapon. Somewhere along the line, someone forgot that this is a game based on superpowers and not on a bow and arrow, pistols or a staff. Yeah, there are iconic characters who use weapons, but not a green lantern. So, whatever success I might have had with an all weapon or hybrid setup is not going to fit my concept of my character. And for me, no concept means no fun.

So that leaves PftT. I stacked up on Might and Power along with Critical chance and damage. The ranged play from the tray option was the one I play on live that most HL players are familiar with. I realize I'm going in at the minimum level for the Hades duo, but I had zero fun in this. Nothing but frustration. I was just a punching bag and felt more like a pinball than a wrecking ball. In the duo, I spent more time being interrupted and picking myself up than anything else. Even on those occasions where I ran with a higher CR, seemingly more damaging partner, I seemed to be the main target of the bosses. Breaking out of stuns and such quickly drained my power due to this, despite the fact that I had put quite a few points into power. Damage is a big issue, it is pathetically bad.

I don't want to be "that guy", but I don't see myself sticking around and playing or paying if anything close to this goes live. Not fun, not fun, not fun at all. My last two days on test have left me nothing but sad for the path we are on here.
    • Like x 2
  13. farm3rb0b Committed Player

It depends on the playstyle you want to go for.

If you want to go back to the clipping that we had way back when, then you're going to need to throw a LOT of SP and mods into power. The power costs of everything you can put in your tray are pretty heavy. I haven't tested this style out yet, but I imagine it's going to lag sorely behind other options because of the lowered damage to Ram and other range-based abilities. Though, throwing a weapon tap in there may help this regen power over the combo-only option.

If you're a fan of the current AM on Live (infinite combos) you CAN do the ranged version without speccing into power at all. Letting Light Blast and Minigun go their full duration before comboing into the next power gives you time to regen power passively. However, the damage is pretty low. You'll definitely lag far behind others unless they are also playing it safe. For this I put my SP into critical attack damage/chance and might. None into power at all.

With just basic testing thus far, I imagine a Hybrid playstyle is going to be necessary. One of my league mates thinks there is diminishing returns on going into full might or full power and is thinking it might be best to balance those two as you spend SP. If I get time this week to hop back onto test I'm probably going to go full crit chance/damage, a few into power, get the movement mode breakout regens (because the amount of power it takes to break out makes me want to cry), and the rest split between prec and might (slightly heavier into might).
  14. Swiftduck Loyal Player

one shouldnt be stronger than the other. Instead of saying don't do this, and do that instead. Try giving suggestions on how to balance out the damage potential.

We don't want to be pigeonholed into playing only one style like we are now.
    • Like x 1
  15. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

If that's supposed to be trying to persuade me to ask for a buff for infinite combo'ing, you...have....lost your mind.
  16. Maxwill Committed Player

Old school without jump cancel?That's not old school.
    • Like x 1
  17. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

If u were clipping during am's unless at the end of a combo you lost damage. Yes that's about 3 yrs ago and being the combos scaling clipping like crazy from wut I saw did less damage but I also didn't have a troll.
  18. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

You really expected to clip without a troll?
  19. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

I'm sorry but old light ram Cst Pwr st Cfan pwr fan you lose damage on live.I quit right when wm dropped an last time light wasn't slow and fun was when max sp was 170. I remember like it was yesterday cuz i could clip and do mastery which stunk too even though it was decent at the time was boring for me. If your currently clipping during the am it might look like the am is still running but you're losing damage even if you just throw one clip during a combo you drop your am. I'm Ps4 and idk if pc has some weird way but they fixed that on test along time ago.
  20. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

That old school light clipping constantly and that's been a long time gone.

Srry we used to write dashes back in the day and now yall put big C's everyone knows wut k meant though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.