Stats Revamp 1.4 - Light Feedback

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Agreed that makes it stink for clipping combos together.
  2. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Claws and Boxing Gloves already do less damage than other melee combos but consume power faster, why would you suggest further lowering their damage ?

If anything, combo portions of Claws and Boxing with the exception of Final Claw should be buffed.

I personally always hated Boxing combos cause it wont shorten the distance and lunge at enemies as aggressively as Swing and Chainsaws' combos do.

And never used Claw Tap combos for playing, always going straight from tray Claws to Final Claw.
  3. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

*Also testing
    R-WT-F-tap-R-WT-ST-F-tap (repeat). I just got 8947 for a 60s reading using that combo on single target at 166.
    Edit: 9201 on next 60s reading.
  4. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

I dont have power generator mods on test.. and i have might+power mods in all sockets.. I do have power pool chest mod as well.. it got me to 30k.. But i still like what i proposed for HL... its still underperforming in the damage area vs other test powers.. What u think
  5. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Try claw-hold claw, power ram-whip. then start back over with claw.

I'll be on after work.
  6. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

buy the 6.2 generator mods. you finishing your crits and or any might you spec'd into is probably why you're lower. I got 20 points in crit chance, 19 in crit damage, and 175 in power which gives me 10% power pool and 12500 power. I also run the weapon white socket that gives power regen every 20 seconds.
  7. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Now i will SAY YOUR VIDEO IS AMAZING to watch in todays slow pace game. But lets be real, thats GREAT for Single targets.. Can you show me a video of the triple sparring targets please? Your video was definitely nice to watch, i loved it!!

AHH i see... you have more SP than me on test... makes sense.. I only spent 85sp into POWER..
  8. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Aiight.
  9. Karasawa Loyal Player

I've been getting base damage ranges on all the combos. I'll post them all later when I get home from work, but Light Claws and Boxing Gloves are both extremely hard hitting abilities now.

The first hit of Light Claws in particular has a base damage range of 91-99 (or about 8360 average damage @10,000 Might), which is pretty much the hardest hitting type of move there is in the stat revamp. It's balanced as a melee range, single target PI leverager at 300 power cost. It does much more damage than the first hit of Chainsaw for example since that's an AoE attack.

You'll still be using Light Claws > Final Claw most of the time so its okay to lose some damage from the Light Claw taps. They should be balanced around their animation dovetails anyway.
  10. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Sure.
  11. BumblingB I got better.

6.2 gen mods in themy command post. Also spec all sp to power then might. I am capable to pftt with light but make sure to use channeled combos mixed in to allow your power bar to Regen some.
  12. Karasawa Loyal Player

Do me a favor and try creating new some new combo rotations instead of the old kaiser stuff. They flipped around so many damage values that I suspect weird stuff like Claw-FC /clip/ Boxing-Boxing, etc. should do good single target damage.

Try to fit as many 300 cost abilities you can for a super OP rotation, then try 200 cost abilities for something more reasonable.
  13. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

And as skillful as youre playing with HL in the video, Is this a viable solution to HL as a WHOLE.. think about how all the other powers have different avenues and loadouts to succeed/compete. HL seems to suffer the same fate as rage, where its only 1-2 ways to play(EXCLUDING MELEE). Rage i can understand why its more of a melee power, but HL should be a mix between both while Melee does the most OPTIMAL damage as a high risk high reward. I just dont think the Damage is rewarding to reproduce spamming, with a troll or not. IMO.
  14. BumblingB I got better.

It's funny, because pure melee and pure range for Light was created for the infinite combo boosted AM design by Tunso/Drenz. Originally, infinite loop was always a in out sort of design. Example, claw > ram > snap trap > fan > claw as an example of vanilla combos.

With how safe damage some powersets are by default (nature) and supposedly they are removing one shots, I think they need to back away from the whole "range" vs "melee" design. It limits play styles and goes against the changes they were going with.
    • Like x 1
  15. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Ok.
  16. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Imo, they have 2 options.
    1. increase the power cost of say elec/sorc/nature to where it's similar to HL in terms of damage/sec for power cost
    or
    2. decrease HL power cost or remove the combo cost completely. I'm better off doing short combos and rifle tap clipping than doing medium combos which drain power or long combos that do no damage.

Like I like how HL is in terms of the power cost currently in terms of, at least so far, the more power I spend clipping, the more damage I do. Like Crappy's loadout is the highest I've seen for single and 3 target melee, but I can only run that rotation for like 30-40 seconds before I go dry even with 47k power and a controller. I shouldn't go dry PERIOD if I have might/pow, reserve tank, replenishing, 175sp in power, a controller dumping at max cd, and I'm on an energy soder and drinking my reg soder off cooldown. Some of my other ranged combos can go infinitely if I take a soder off cooldown but certain one's drain through everything and would require 2 controllers with dumps going to me. Which is fine for raids, but for alerts, it restricts the high-end damage. Like I can easily see 3-4 troll runs with hl the way it is just because of the power cost for the higher rotations.
    • Like x 1
  17. BumblingB I got better.

Do me a favor, buy T1 set of gear with only 56sp allocated and spec T1 mods. (You will have to buy the mod plans.)

I was noticing that lower CR you are way more power efficient. Which means that the exponential curve is throwing the costs to the extreme.
  18. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Yep, which is why I don't want to test at 175+ for OLY/GOM lol If I had 8.3/oly generator mods and oly mods sure, but otherwise, nah, I'm good xD

I noticed it when I tested pvp gear. You can spam like hell from pot alone in pvp gear if you have hybrid power mods.
  19. BumblingB I got better.

Ah, yeah, because the ECR of those would be baseline of 30.
  20. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Crappy, your bits are at the end.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.