Stats Revamp 1.4 - Light Feedback

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Yes u can clip and ghand and snaptrap stack and I hope it stays that way.
  2. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

I haven't tested it with a troll but I bet you can in raids wit 2 trolls.
  3. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Bug report, during my HL combos instead of going up by 1number each time my power hit, it went up by two.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

it may be do something with the weapons may somehow be relate that's for sure, i did hit my weapon attacks and had the same thing happen as you can see.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  4. Karasawa Loyal Player

Bug Report:

When used as a combo out of Fan, the Light Claws lunge does not register damage unless you are very close to your target.
    • Like x 1
  5. VioletSorceress Committed Player

It has been acting like that at Live Server for ages. I think the trade off is that at large distance is a Lunge while at melee deals damage.
    It was reported multiple times during previous Light revamps/ updates but nothing changed.

Im up for removing any Panic effect from Chompers and Knockdowns from Ram and Impact for any extra damage we could get.

Any chance the Encasement from Swing could be changed to work like a Stun like Nature's Harvest does ?
    And possibly Grasping Hand and Snap Trap to stun more than 1 enemy in Controller role ?
    • Like x 1
  6. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Sq and chomp never stacked ever
  7. Karasawa Loyal Player

I know, but it's high time they fixed these flaws.
  8. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

^ I would like to know this answer as well. As a Hybird build this is bad if it overwrites our own weapon buffs.
  9. BumblingB I got better.

Spike quake could make a good low cost hybrid option.
  10. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

I agree it needs to do something different since it's the same power.

I love ghand n snap stacking.always thought they should since its single target.
  11. Karasawa Loyal Player

The buffs don't overwrite.
    • Like x 1
  12. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Strafing run hits alot harder. Idk if it's cuz the might or cuz it's 100%. I hate that it's a 100% but at least we have a supercharge. Well... sorta.

Lw is kinda junk ... idk if it splits damage or not. Might be alright if it doesn't with like 30 adds but single target I won't be using a generator.
    • Like x 1
  13. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

The only thing light weight has been good for is when people were glitching it... LOL
  14. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

combo after 2.5 seconds have gotten a scaling damage increase that grows until you invest 4 seconds into using the combo

Do people like this? I bet this is why you get more damage pushing thru things cuz it falls at that exact time.

I don't but hey all well.
  15. Shark Dental Devoted Player

One suggestion I don't know if the devs would ever consider:

Is it possible to add a SC generator effect to 2 powers in each power set?
    1 melee and 1 ranged? I understand they would have to share a cooldown to avoid people spamming SC generation, but I think it would be nice since it doesn't really make much sense to go melee to build up SC if your whole loadout is ranged.
    • Like x 2
  16. farm3rb0b Committed Player

Okay, so a few things I've noticed given today's testing session:

Light Weight: Not crazy about this being the SC generator. Mostly opinion-based, so if it stays, it's not make-or-break. But it is a gimmicky power. The biggest issue I see with it is that if you throw it and it hits your target...you're also going to shove friendlies. Well...shoot. That's kind of crappy, especially as I can see this being beneficial in controller role. Given the lower power output trolls seem to generate, I can see the power SC being more beneficial...meaning you're going to want to generate more...and now I'm going to shove my teammates around. Fun, sure if you're in a league group. In general, though, the ally knockback = super annoying.

In addition, I think damage is slightly bugged on the ranged combo-version. When I throw the weight, I see the might damage, but I also see a white number. It's so minor it's laughable, but for some reason throwing the weight is still putting up a precision number. I don't think it is a weapon tap because my weapon hits for far more than the number I see when I throw the weight, but there's something there that I see a yellow and a white number.

Recharge: The weapon attack buff is not currently showing anywhere. Where are folks seeing this? In a group of 2, my partner could not see a buff in current effects or on the stats page. Is it showing? Did he not look in time...?

In general...do the combo'd powers count as "using a super power"? I'm thinking about the might neck mod here. Technically, Light Claws is a super power whether I hit it from the tray or I combo into it. So, if I'm in a combo, does each combo proc the neck mod. I know it no longer stacks on itself, but...is the only way to proc that mod to come OUT of the combo and hit a power from the tray? That seems...silly. >_>

The CC powers folks are saying need damage changes (Ram/Impact), given the fact that controller role does more damage compared to a DPS than is currently on live, I imagine asking to keep the CC in controller role if you buff the damage is not going to happen. So instead I'm going to generalize this into more of a question. And maybe this needs to go in a more generalized role-based thread, but one of the things I've been hearing is that a shift in this role is happening. Controllers will be less focused on power-back (they can still do this via recharge/group shielding) and no longer need to worry about Power over Time as that will be passive just by being there. Okay, perfect. Instead, I've heard that they're focus is going to shift to the "controlling" side of things. Now, I see this going one of two ways: 1) controlling as in crowd control or 2) controlling as in controlling the pace of the fight.

In (1), I would hate to see any current CC powers be changed. We've gotten some extended cooldowns on some powers (stinks for Light Blast as that's the main debuff most controllers use and is the best mutli-target stun we have), but completely losing CC on other options lowers our ability to do what I thought we were being told our role was being more oriented toward - controlling.
    If "controlling" is meant to be more like (2)...then the debuffs need to mean something more than they do right now. They need to be able to be used often enough that if a boss/opponent cleanses, it can be reapplied (for instance the Minotaurs in GoM elite cleanse all the freaking time...I don't know the exact timer, but can the debuff be reapplied to combat the cleanse or is the group at the mercy of RnGesus). In other words, there needs to be a debuff of each type with a cooldown low enough to be used regularly and the %s on these debuffs need to make an impact in content. The damage debuff should show a marked difference in health bars and the amount of healing needed, the defense debuff should make fights, especially boss fights, quicker as everyone should be dealing more damage to the target.

I know that's a wall of text, sorry for folks trying to follow along. I didn't get a lot of testing in on DPS rotations as I did not spec into power today to try to make the melee ones more viable. It did look like the longer melee combo might be outperforming the Claw/HC/Ram/Fan rotation. But both melee combos are pretty infeasible in the highest content. I feel like removing the counters was a mistake here. With the counters, if I was in melee range the add blocked, I could do a channel or a range move to counter and get immunity. Now...never immune. So if the dogs in Raising Hades decide to munch on me? CC'd. No more melee-ing. I realize there is a chance for this with every set, but melee distance on Light is not the same as melee distance for others. Our melee is 0 meters. CC-galore.
    • Like x 3
  17. PBCF Active Player

So just out of curiosity & I am completely doubting this would even happen , but with HL being changed to Might , will we be compensated for all of our generator mods & gear mods since those of us who have been playing have all Olympian Precision mods in our generators & gear , will those be changed to Might since precision won't be the main thing for HL anymore, or are we going to have to start all over on mods though the game is changing our stats?
    • Like x 1
  18. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Yes they are coming up with something.
  19. Harlequin Devoted Player

or pushing afk guildies into a boss to get them killed.
    • Like x 1
  20. BumblingB I got better.

You make us wait, you get the weight. #amirite
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.