State of the Game - April 30, 2014

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Captain Liberty, Apr 30, 2014.

1. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Any word on when or if were getting back our marks of triumph back ?
  2. The Hornet New Player

When are you guys fixing Light?
    • Like x 1
  3. ClodBuster000 Level 30

Are we going to get out Marks of Triumph back ?
  4. Giggles Loyal Player

Light is just fine. I was using mine earlier today. :)

@Devs

Keep up the great work. This game update and the additions of the new content and Weapon mastery are great. Thank you guys for all you do, keep it up. :)
  5. The Hornet New Player

No, it's not. The time it takes to apply the dazed PI is not commensurate with the damage output. Moreover the damage output of the combos is not commensurate with the time it now takes to cast them. Additionally, the might-based moves are still weak-hitting, which makes HL a poor pairing with WM, which is by far and away necessary for optimal damage output. Finally, the power costs of the moves do not match their damage profile.

Without the speed, HL's burst is bad, its DoTs are bad, and it costs a lot of power to throw.

HL relative to other powersets - is pretty pedestrian, and I refuse to spend another dime on this game until they fix it. My sub expires on the 12th.
    • Like x 4
  6. BriWi Well-Known Player

You could use consumables to apply the Dazed PI, which could potentially help with clipping as well.
  7. Captain Liberty Developer

We plan to have Light updates included in GU 37.
    • Like x 9
  8. Captain Liberty Developer

Mepps posted a note on this matter last night - we will be running a grant for affected players next week (should happen by Wed.). Part of the reason it's taking as long as it has to remedy this is due to the fact that we are implementing a safe guard feature to prevent players from consuming Mark boxes when they're at or near the cap.
    • Like x 5
  9. The Hornet New Player

Thanks, Cap. Looking forward to it.
  10. RiskVsReward New Player

Something tells me you don't even have a light toon... hmm, maybe because you did the same thing when Sorcery players were unhappy with their revamp? Or because you already made a thread on the testing forums to try to get Light even more nerfed when GU36 was on test (see below)

Like the time when Sorcery players wanted Shard to apply bad karma and you said "Sorcery is fine, I was playing my wife's sorcery toon and it's one of the best powers"

Furthermore, I wouldn't trust your judgment on light for another reason. When gu36 was on test, you made a thread in the testing forums asking for Hard Light to be nerfed due to the fact that Light can chain infinite constructs, lol.

Here it is incase you forgot:

Stop trying to interfere with balance and others enjoyment of powersets just because you don't play and/or understand them them. If you have any balance suggestions on anything you may think is op, please provide more info such as numbers or comparisons just like The Hornet did when he responded to your post.
    • Like x 7
  11. Lantern Neuro New Player

Way to take 'em to school and drop some knowledge! /clap

Light does need a little tweaking.
    • Like x 3
  12. Jamie New Player

Good job!!! I can only guess as to why but he acts like the dev's are perfect and what ever they do should be worshiped. The dev's are only human so they make mistakes. It's our job to tell them what we like and dislike about what they do so that the game can be improved.
    • Like x 2
  13. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Being as gu37 is earths big update I'm hoping it doesn't turn into another hard light fest where it becomes the main focus earth users have been dealing with a sub par powerset that gets zero respect from most the community for years .... I think hard light and other powersets who haven't ever experienced the amount problems earth has had should be set on the back burner on this one .... Call me selfish but I've waited too long for earth to get fixed ... And I can see earth threads getting buried in the test forum by concerned hard light threads as per usual
    • Like x 1
  14. Serj Committed Player

gadgets had a revamp with mental, fire had one with ice, is it safe to assume that after gadgets/fire we'll be getting ice/mental? :rolleyes:
  15. Clip New Player

Did this guy really say "pm me devs if you want to know that infinite combos?" xD omg how funny is that.
    What a pro gamer, at least he didnt posted those infinite combos here otherwise we all would know them... Lmao

Sorry was off topic but that giggles guy made my day with his "offer" to help :D
    • Like x 2
  16. SilverBullet Dedicated Player

I see you say gadgets will sometime be looked at. I was thinking making the surpresser turrent into a cyborg or, a robot. With the same mechanics and, adding a rifle to or hand blasters to it for a melee weapon/ range.