State of the Game - April 30, 2014

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Captain Liberty, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Captain Liberty Developer

Hello DCUO,

I want to thank you for your patience and update you on the state of the game after yesterday's and today's updates, and apologize for the extended downtime. Yesterday's SOE-wide maintenance was in support of the new All Access membership plan for PC, the additional member benefit for PlayStation, and to launch Game Update 36 for everyone. Today's will launch Weapon Mastery for all players and Amazon Fury Part I early access for members (and will not require any additional download).

We are aware of and working to resolve several known issues with the game:
    • Marks of Triumph Cap
      • There is a problem with the increased cap for Marks of Triumph. For now, please do not earn or convert to Marks of Triumph if you will have more than 65,000 Marks of Triumph.
      • We are investigating how to best correct everyone who has already lost Marks over the cap.
    • Weekly Reward Boxes
      • We are investigating the reported problems with Tier 5 Weekly Reward Boxes.
      • These will be resolved with a hotfix tonight.
    • Voice Chat - Microphone Volume
      • With the improvements to voice chat overall and specifically to fixing over-amplification, most players will likely need to adjust their personal microphone settings to be louder.
      • We are investigating all other voice chat problems, so please continue to report any you experience.
    • DLC Gear Requirements
      • We are aware of an issue preventing gear stats from applying (being disabled) if you do not have access to the DLC it is from. This will be fixed with tomorrow's update.
    We are also aware and working to resolve several known issues with the Marketplace and commerce:
    • Account and Commerce
      • PC - All credit card purchases are currently not functioning, including purchasing Station Cash, Membership, or DLCs. We will update as soon as this is resolved.
        • Resolved
      • The Marketplace is temporarily disabled on US PS and EU PS.
        • Resolved. All Marketplaces are online.
    • Like x 16
  2. Captain Wacky New Player

...And they never got to play the game again.
    • Like x 3
  3. At Least I’m Tryin Well-Known Player

Hi Network Management Guys n' Gals!
    Sure is a lotta cryin' & bitchin' goin on here. I have no doubt you are busting your *** workin' so I can play.
    I figured you guys might not have enough to do, so ...
    If you would, please also make it so our Journal doesn't default to Alphabetical organization. Almost everyone, including myself uses "Type" to organize the Journal. Please make it optional what it defaults to or make it default to Type.
    Also, while we are all taking a much needed break ...
    Could you please make is so H is a shortcut to Feats? I mean c'mon, how many people actually need a shortcut because they read the "Headlines" all the time.
    And, you guys are doing a great job. It's only a small fraction of us that understand it takes a lot of work to implement the changes you are making (I am not sure your bosses count themselves among this number).
    • Like x 1
  4. Kintuse Well-Known Player

This is probably a bummer for everyone, not just the players. Poor devs and everyone involved. All that hard work and all that down time and people still getting upset over the servers being taken down yet again. And who could blame the players really? It's all just unfortunate events by this point. I just hope it goes by as smoothly it can from here on out.
    • Like x 4
  5. Krimson Assasin New Player

New dlc or not I will never be happy with the game again. Highly disappointed after yesterdays "update"
    • Like x 4
  6. At Least I’m Tryin Well-Known Player

As an afterthought ...
    Instead of guessing what changes we might like, you could use the communicator to invite us to participate in a poll.
    Just sayin'.
    • Like x 1
  7. Elusian Crowd Control

Little tip: Communicating it to your partner P7S1 company might be useful as the "customer service" is currently telling them that no refund will happen.
  8. MeteorRizzy New Player

i get out of work today at 330pm EST. do u think that the game will b up by then? im really looking forward to playing around with weapon mastery.
  9. MeteorRizzy New Player

PS: im on PS4
  10. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

I know ppl are angry about the extended downtime but I think its important ppl remember that it really wasnt the devs fault.

They were working on 2 updates which split into 3 updates with WM separating from DLC10 and then suddenly SOE dropped this All Access Plan on their heads and they were stuck with a 4th update that was not able to be tested on a large scale. It was also clarified during the downtime that it was in fact extended due to problems with the Access Plan and not at all related to GU36 itself.

We all love this game and that 20+ hour downtime sucked, but lets reserve hate for where it should be focused rather than making a scapegoat of the devs.

Even if it had been their fault, they're only human like you or I.
    • Like x 12
  11. Skazi New Player

Please, I bought 2 DLC by steam, already have the code, but when entering the Station gives error ... what do I do?
    • Like x 1
  12. Artificial Intellect New Player

Oh, that's too bad. I hope you resolve the problem soon, because I just now was going to purchase DLC with a credit card.
  13. DrTruth1212 New Player

Do not listen to "At Least I'm Trying" when he says to make game default to "type" in your journal. Such outlandish cries need not be heard.
    • Like x 1
  14. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

Hey Cap, you may already know bout this but I thought id mention it, on EUPS3 DCUO you can't turn Voice Chat off at all. Its stuck constantly on whether you turn it off in settings or not.
  15. Artificial Intellect New Player

Do you guys have any estimate date, when the problem will be resolved?
  16. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

Well, not entirely sure what was wrong with gadgets' grenade throws in the first place, but you didn't do them any justice by changing the animation.
    Should've spent your time doing something constructive, LIKE FIXING FIRE'S IMMOLATION TREE!!!
    • Like x 2
  17. ErnieB Loyal Player

Hi I have a question, don't know if this can be answered at this time, or even if it's an issue at all, but I wanted to know if the weekly reward could be reset like dailies can, since on test everything resets daily I can't really tell if they can or not. Also if I use a SOE prepaid card will that work or is that also down?.
  18. Gen El New Player

Hey Cap, I know you said there are problems with current purchases, but I renewed my membership a few days ago and after the update it no longer recognizes my membership on the log in screen. I checked my account info and it still says I have legendary. Has anyone else had this problem or did I miss something?
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

For now, just wait. We will investigate.
    • Like x 1
  20. Skazi New Player

I dont buy by credit card, I bought with money via bank transfer in steam, have received the codes, but when entering the Station, gives error ... =[