Stat Clamping Removes The Super

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Alpha Maximum, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

No need to be careful, this isn't hard to get.
    It doesn't matter if you have a high CR if you forced clamped down to 10, 20, 30, 60, etc. The effect of stat clamping goes beyond just removing the fun of one shoting lower level mobs that we earned through years of subscribing, playing, working to get better gear, arts, augs, etc. Your progression is nerfed now. No one is even arguing that happened as that is exactly what happened.

Now a separate issue from the one I have brought up and discussed is how do I feel about end game when your fighting high CR mobs and bosses versus the lower level content I already worked to surpass and beat? I am fine with playing new content with higher CR mobs and bosses. And anytime I wanted I could go into the other 95+% of content I already worked passed and be superhero strolling through the masses with ease feeling super all the way.

See the difference is that they stat clamped us with no choice and are forcing us to no longer have the power (super feelz) we had already earned and paid for. Many a people got into the game because of progression and getting to be a super that could be insanely powerful in lower level content. Now it's gone because, as we have established, that is what stat clamping did. You can both like new content with higher CR levels and still want all the content you already paid for and worked through. They are not mutually exclusive.

- Cheers

• Like x 6
  2. timetrapper52 Well-Known Player

The choice to stat clamp everyone is probably a hard choice for them

They could have totally added custom queues with no clamp and even a solo queue but that will have decremental effects to any new player due to the population DCUO is not really a huge game as it is right now

Stat Clamp Accommodates to everyone and I believe the players need to adapt to these changes and go with it. Other MMO's are already like this from the start so I think alot of people is overreacting and whining about something that's actually good for the game making old content relevant and helping new players get queues faster and enjoy the content

All is well, Sure its not totally perfect in some content you may feel more powerful in some you may feel more weaker its just a matter of time for them to get things balanced well. What you guys should really be complaining about is lack of new content and different forms of content in the game to be enjoyed
    • Like x 1
  3. shoegazer Well-Known Player

+10 CR in older content is a ******* joke...after 9+ years worth of time, effort..and all the money spent...being stuck forever at +10 CR in everything is a ******* insult
    • Like x 5
  4. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

You have the exact point down. I get the pro stat clampers various arguments. But none of them deal with the reality of all the people upset, and rightfully so, at having all their progression taken from them via the stat clamp.

If I have this many 342 and you take away this many 312 I now have this many 30. Now that is basic math and yet some just can't bring themselves to accept a fact of existence. We had our progression and all that goes with it taken. It's simple, factual, and reality. If they had a 342 dollars they earned and I took 312 telling them this will get more people around while they work, make their work seem more meaningful, and oh yeah all future money they make will keep being removed the same way they would lose their minds. Not a perfect analogy but more than close enough.

• Like x 1
  5. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

While I have queued into content and had a hard time completing it its not because I feel weak. Its because other players lack experience. I just don't get it. This update feels to me like what the stats revamp tried to accomplish.
    • Like x 2
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

As soon as I realised we were getting 10k more health with every single episode, I had a feeling something like this would happen eventually.
    • Like x 1
  7. GameIsGreat. Well-Known Player

I dont hate the clamp as much as I thought, but I don’t like it as a whole enougn to keep playing. Take care everyone. Thanks for the memories DCUO. Bye all!
    • Like x 1
  8. hhussk01 New Player

I really like this post because I see it as a dichotomy.

On one hand, it's about the progression of Combat Rating.
    On the other hand, it's about Roleplaying.

Personally, I think Roleplaying already lost the argument. I mean, none of us have "Secret Identities" or a "Weakness to Kryptonite". Stealth isn't really "Stealth". There's no "Detective" aspect.

I know a lot of people get a rush out of styles and being a version of Superman or Flash, but that's about it.

(If a game did figure out how to incorporate all those Superhero RP aspects, I'd be there in a heartbeat. But I'm probably in the minority.)
  9. hhussk01 New Player

I remember thinking the same thing. "What's this going to be like if we get to 1000 CR?"

DCUO was eventually going to have to deal with this.
    • Like x 2
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I was never against clamping. I’m just concerned because you could go 100cr above the content and still have issues.
  11. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I ran another solo this morning and I must report that I actually did feel powerful this time for the first time since the stat clamp was put into effect. Perhaps there has been a hot fix or patch or whatever it is that they call it lol. I will test it again later tonight in an alert or raid. If the alerts and raids go like my solo mission did this morning, I think I could live with the stat clamp. I'm still not happy about it, it was tolerable for the first time for me this morning.
    • Like x 1
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I don’t think so, I think it’s just inconsistent across instances. Best thing you can do is name what you do feel powerful in, and name ones where you don’t.
  13. Lady Mystyk Active Player

Progression is not nerfed. Not sure why you would think that. Because if you have a character you are progressing they cannot one shot anyway.

Even at end game content you are technically stat clamped. You are not above the relative cr until you start purchasing your gear. Once you have received all your gear you are 10+ cr above content.

You did not pay or earn the power (super feelz) of one shoting content.

Here is how I see it. DCUO allowed characters to one shot content that is below that characters CR. They also fast tracked new players to the end game content by placing the vendor that allowed you to buy gear through source marks. By doing so they created players who do not know how to play the lower content. Whether this is you or not I do not know, but there are many.

I understand what you are saying because there are plenty of things I think is wrong with this game. This update is not one of them though.

Just have fun.
    • Like x 1
  14. Kastaguy New Player

Trying to collect all outfit pieces to get a stat point wasn't so bad if I didn't die all the time. Now I can only win about a third of the time and end up giving up. I've never been good, but after a lot of work, I was at least powerful. There was still plenty of stuff I was working on. If everything is relatively stronger then it would be hard to "beat whatever in less than x minutes". Like someone mentioned, it's nice to come back to content that was super hard, now that you're more powerful. But basically everything is hard if not impossible now.
  15. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Does it make you feel more super to beat something so far beneath you that you probably shouldn't be picking a fight with it in the first place?

Or does it make you feel "super" to win a fight that you maybe shouldn't have, but still somehow did?

I like the second experience more, and to be blunt? I missed that from the majority of the game content until very recently.

Now I'm kiling things in fights that are more meaningful, again, because there's a possibility of failure. I have to actually fight that fight, in order to succeed. As opposed to wandering in, farting in six directions, and still surviving.

Back in the Way Back When, even terrible players could be made to cooperate, at least for a minute, because You Were Stuck Here unless you figured it out. It's like that again. I like that. And you still, can, very easily, flatten a lot of things, but you gotta know how they fold to do it. that an acceptable minimal ask.
    • Like x 1
  16. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

has to be an irony in how little attention i've paid to my stats since the stats revamp.

i'm going to have to take a stand and say i like the way things are. things feel very "pre AM/WM" to me. now that i've been playing through some of the content I'm starting to get ideas on changing my loadout around in ways i like. experience pays off. i can "do my own thing" and still do very well without feeling like I need to chase fotm.

i sense balance.
    • Like x 1
  17. Plowed In Loyal Player

Yes, it add options back into abilities/artifacts. At least less drastic of a gap between meta and non-meta.
  18. Minotaur38 Active Player

No
    Most people didn't want this clamp, or this episode. Yet, the devs did what they wanted anyway. I got a League of over 150 people, and most of them left the game. I worked hard for my 559 sp, and max arts, only to be clamped. They took away my choice, and forced me to play clamped content. I honestly canceled my sub, and have barely played the game. In fact, my will has been drained completely.
    • Like x 3
  19. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

You get the game play aspect perfectly. We worked hard and long for our stats, they clamped them, now we are rightfully upset over it. To add insult to injury you come to the forum to share your irritation over an undisputed fact and the "usual suspects" (the name I and others have for the exact same handful of "people" that come after anyone daring to critique the game) come out and basically stalk your every post running the gambit between outright insults to demanding you love the stat clamp.

Oddly they nerve argue the fact we have been stat clamped and that it does in fact negate all your hard work (because obviously you can no longer do what you earned the ability to do, duh right). Instead they strawman, change the subject entirely, go on weird rants about equity, fairness, and even "won't you think about the children!" Anything but actually address the actual issue: We had something we earned, paid for, worked for, and now it has been taken away with stat clamping and no amount of shrieking, fallacies, or bizarre posts about how much you care for all players will change reality.

• Like x 2
  20. The Con Dedicated Player

And then you have the odd sycophants who'll endlessly cite the ToS claiming that you never really "earned" anything or truly "paid" for anything.... as Daybreak technically owns the game.
    • Like x 2