Stat Clamping Removes The Super

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Alpha Maximum, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

i liked your post. it is beyond what i thought was available. gg.
    I am also mental. Yet I refuse to use invisibility. it's less damage and energy, obviously. i get by, but not able to take out a metal titan bounty.

Is that repeatable? reliable? crits and all, do effect every fight. I like it. gg.
  2. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

agreed, but taking more time is a significant aspect in game design. with regard to player experience. Once player experience is rating at 0, u failed.

• Like x 2
  3. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

You nailed it.

It's amazing the frequency with which those calling others selfish or only thinking of themselves are actually the ones being selfish or only thinking of themselves. I started the thread with my feelings and some basic facts. I did not spell doom and gloom, didn't call to take away anyone's hard earned abilities, CR, or stuff. I didn't scream at the Devs or insult them. I shared facts and my feelings on it.

There starts to be a cringy sycophant white knight vibe that creeps in from some of the naysayers (the usual suspects) whenever anyone dare critique the game no matter how completely factual, accurate or nicely put you do it. They pounce.

It is so easy to understand this bit of reality:
    I spent time and money on this thing.
    I worked hard to earn this thing.
    I am rightfully upset when this thing I worked for and paid for is taken away.

And the response from the "sycophant" type is tell you reality isn't reality and insult you. This is where you just have to tell them "Sorry sweetie but no, you are the bad guy for wanting me to smile while I get screwed over and it doesn't matter how you phrase it, doublethink it, or go ad hominem at me. If you love everything they have done good for you. Why are you so worked up that anyone else doesn't agree with you. I'm commenting on the game while you are attacking everyone that refuses to love the game or doesn't agree with you. There is a big difference between what I'm doing and what you are doing"
    • Like x 4
  4. shoegazer Well-Known Player

Think about this for a second..for everyone who still wants to even finish feats...

Think about the open worlds..the ghost towns...then think about the bounties in those ghost towns...take the Wonderverse bounties that you have to complete successfully 450 times..what happens when that turns into a ghost town?...think that Hydra is going down when there's 4 clamped people in Patchwork? Think it's going to go down even if you get a full group of 8 with a clamp?...at least before you had the option to get stronger and go back to ghost towns and finish those feats..

doesn't matter why you didn't finish them..maybe you just started playing or maybe you only have a certain amount of time to play the game because of life, work, etc (I mean one rotation takes 30 mins in Patchwork)

Before this that was at least an option because there was actual stat progression...eventually you could get stronger and go back with a lot less people..or ****, even by yourself when things get far enough down the road..see if you could get it done, work on building your character..challenge yourself..see how far you've come

To your question, there were many things I still needed to finish...I haven't always had a lot of time to play this game..especially the last couple years..but before this update I could and did go back and do the work...no point now...everyone will now be stuck playing everything in the game at basically the same level

doing the work doesn't matter now...all the work was meaningless...now every part of the game will be played at the same level all the time..clamped..never really getting any stronger..stats are just an illusion..meaningless green numbers on your new gear styles..the only reason you're grinding is for the privilege to play the next small batch of content on the same old reused maps

And just to comment on a couple of other things...

All this "one shot" nonsense..just a buzz word (for lack of a better term) that clamp defenders have latched onto...no one really cares about being able to one shot things..it's just a byproduct of power growth and progression..same goes for "face rolling"

I've seen some defenders calling people that are against the clamp lazy...but pretty much everyone I've seen that's against it are people who have put in a lot of work..a lot of time..at endgame, high SP...to me, wanting everyone to be clamped to the same level, taking progression out of the game..equal footing in content.. sounds exactly like what a lazy person would want
    • Like x 12
  5. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

EXACTLY!
    This is not a hard concept to get and you put it perfectly. No one is actually countering the facts you present here. They are either straw manning to another argument or bullying with "virtue signalling" about not being selfish and "think of the new players" arguments. Years of our work gone and to actually see the rewards of being a total bad a** is what we had and loved and its been ripped away. It's rational to be upset and irrational to tell people not to be upset and love having it ripped away.
    • Like x 7
  6. Irvynnge Loyal Player

to be fair, there's at least one regular "name" poster who, since this started, I have lost all respect for. completely. used to think they were one of the good guys, if a bit full of themselves sometimes. turns out they really are just a brown-nose kiss-**** shill, after all.

the one thing that I have noticed more than anything else in this debate is the absolute arrogance & disregard for the opinions / feelings of others coming from the Proclamp camp. all of the Anticlamp camp have said that they'd be totally fine with the clamp if it was an option rather than forced ( which, to me, seems like a perfectly reasonable position to take ), but the Proclampers are being complete & utter dicks about the whole thing. NO! to options. git gud! don't like it? leave!

for clarity's sake, I don't particularly care about the clamp. I care about the removal of marks from endgame content & being forced into having to play content that I have absolutely no interest in playing at any level whatsoever clamped or not, thereby taking away all the time that I used to have to work on my alts. 10 characters, stone dead. & I am buggered if I'm paying a sub just to rent 10 character slots that I can't play. replay badges? don't need them. no point in unlocking feats or styles on toons I can't play. loyalty points? nothing to spend them on now I don't need the seals or badges. 4 seals of completion a month? no use. I'm not pouring anything in to arts anymore. nothing. dr fate helmet? nah, you keep it.

I'm not going anywhere. I'll carry on doing my own little thing in the corner over here, like I've always done. but I ain't paying for it, not anymore.
    • Like x 5
  7. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

The difference for me is, one never offered me the ability to be stronger in lower content and the other gave me that but now has taken it away. When I play an Alliance or a full party raid in FF14 like the Praetorium for example, they are so long that it actually leaves me tired and I log off shortly after repairing my gear. I never felt that way doing a raid or alert in DCUO (with the exception of a few elite raids). I have not played a raid yet under the new game structure so I can’t comment on it.

Last night my league was tearing itself apart because of this stat clamp - some who are pro stat clamp vs some who are anti stat clamp. I have now lost 2 league mates, one of whom I have been friends with for over 6 years and was an officer in the league.

My league was drama free, we all got along great, but not now, everything is being tore apart because of the division these changes have made and the passions that have been stirred as a result. I am seriously considering stepping down as league leader.

I hope everyone is happy now. How many more friends and league mates am I going to lose over this?
    • Like x 2
  8. the solowing Steadfast Player

You have to be completely honest with yourself and ask when is the last time youve run anything in Final Fantasy 14 (unclamped) since youve gotten what youve gotten what youve wanted? Myself i havent touched any unclamped instance once i got the rewards specific from that boss i wanted. Why because theirs no reward, their no reason to be there outside of pure self indulgence.

When's the last time youve run something unclamped and why? Who was there with you? Why was the other party there?

I ran a instance unclamped, for this reply. Took me 6 minutes while i read through this thread, nothing was a threat. Nothing could stop me, and i got to the end of the instance with the level 17 pants that dropped. Ask what was the point of doing this mundane task, that nobody saw me do, that didnt reward me anything meaningful for doing it.

I've had more reason to run this clamped to get this screenshot rather then missed out on the bonus marks i could've gotten just to get this screenshot

All i got was this empty room to greet me..
    [IMG]

But clamped, we may have struggled but we overcame, and that little cheer that you do when you guys finally beat that boss, should be valued more anything ever generated on a loot-table
    [IMG]
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Again, I would also like to answer this question. I did Atlantis elites for the headlines, so I could buy a tier 3 Seahorse. With me were league mates, friends and anyone else we could get. I don’t know why the other people were there. Renown? Headlines? Who knows.
  10. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Actually this morning, I was helping a Free Company member reach level 60. I often help others to level up both in Final Fantasy 14 and DCUO, it’s just how I am. However, I will be staying away from DCUO for a while, not because of the Stat Clamp, but because of the drama it has caused in my league. After the mess that was last night, I’m just done with all of it for now.
  11. the solowing Steadfast Player

Trust me dont consider it even an issue, if your friendships are held together by a game's direction. They were never really your friends.
    • Like x 1
  12. the solowing Steadfast Player

*Defeating enemies will yield no EXP or items*
    Youll benefit them more by running it clamped with them due to the "First Time" bonus. Or other players "First Time" bonus
    [IMG]
  13. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Yes, I know, and I am fully aware I get nothing out of it for my self except for the satisfaction of helping some level up. I feel the same way about DCUO. I have no prob with getting something or not getting something in the lower levels of content from either game. It all boils down to me having something I worked for taken away from me unfairly. If clamping my stats and every other high cr player causes DCUO to become one of the Mose popular mmo’s then good, I’m glad, The pro clamp side won. My league is being torn apart, and I’ve lost a friend. I’m happy for all of you.
  14. the solowing Steadfast Player

So every fate you do outside your level range is taking away something you worked for unfairly? Who cares? You should be able to 1 shot the fate bosses, who cares what the 6 other players wanting to join in think.
    [IMG]
  15. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I have no idea what you are talking about. Fates are always clamped, always have been clamped, always will be clamped. I not clamped or restricted in any way in DCUO but I am now. I never abused my abilities and I have always been respectful of others. But like I said, this change is taking more away from me than just my stats. It already has cost me a lot. Enjoy the game, have fun, play the way that is satisfying. I have a league to rebuild and hopefully a friendship to mend, that is what I will be doing while everyone else enjoys Episode 41.
    • Like x 1
  16. the solowing Steadfast Player

If your friendship fell apart because of a video game change, reevaluate that friendship.
    • Like x 1
  17. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

Lmao. I've been against the Devs since SOE for about anything they made, but this time, for ONCE in all my DCUO career they actually did something DECENT.

I'm sorry if you are mad about it, but if you try this new update, you will see it not that bad. I've been running clamped content since day 1 of the update and the only problem I had was because the group was not optimized (no healer, no tank and sometimes no troller)
  18. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

I think his points was literally "git gud"
  19. Sgt. Rock Active Player

Well said, the old DLCs are mind numbingly boring for end game players that have beat them & have been playing for years, regardless of the stat clamp/nerf ...which makes years of grinding, spending $$ & leveling up of toons pretty insignificant.

#dcuoautosubdisabled
    • Like x 1
  20. Khaoy New Player

let's stop this false demagoguery,
    I have only 90 SP and I need feats but with this crap update, now I can't complete anything, waste of time wating for group to waste of time dying and quitting at end bored to play another game , the game has turned into big frustrating ****, it DCUO now olny serves to get daily login reward and logout to play Genshin Impact where I can lock the world in my case AR35 where I farm without being bothered with non sence overpowered enemies or *** mechanics in bosses
    a big last nail in the coffin this update

erase we aways will be censored if can't licking developers feet like the fanboys here, tjhat's why DCUO only drive in wrong way and is a dead game too old, too clunky too punitive and frustranting

great job (sarcasm)
    • Like x 2