Stat Clamping Removes The Super

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Alpha Maximum, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Sounds like a quote from The Incredibles. Love that movie.

I'm just going off that quote for this. Seasonal Universe Online. Everyone is the same stats and no vertical progression allowed. It seems that Syndrome..err..Klarion has played a trick on all of us this year.
    • Like x 2
  2. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

That is it summed up. It's frustrating having the Super removed, having years of money, time, and work ripped away, and then dealing with the usual suspects (that show up on every thread on the forums to go after anyone critiquing the game) showing up telling you reality and facts are not reality and facts.

Syndrome won and he apparently has a small but rabid following of like minded people.
    • Like x 2
  3. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

No, but bosses can AOE oneshot you randomly, like in FoS2 Elite.
    • Like x 2
  4. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

Another good example to draw from. Bosses are supposed to be our real threat with mobs being the easy beaten baddies. We are supposed to be super its the whole freaking point. But the stat clamp lovers can't seem to grasp a couple of very simple concepts:

If you take something I paid for, worked for, and earned over years of play time away from me you have TAKEN something from me. That is reality, a fact, inarguable except to very "special" people. NO amount of double think changes that reality.

I Paid for the game, played the game, learned the game, progressed through the game, and worked to earn being a top tier bad a** that can stroll through low tier content the way a superhero/villain in a superhero/villain game should and the way the game was designed to do and was sold to me. THUS when you take ALL the progression way from me and have me massively nerfed because you want whatever it is you want you are still taking from me something that is mine, I earned it, paid for it, that's how things work.

You can not doublethink, bully, and/or gaslight your way out of the reality that players have had what the earned taken from them. This is not even something they really argue they switch to straw man arguments and other such fallacies. Most are just the usual suspects that post on every thread either going after anyone critiquing the game, boasting about the brilliance of the devs (they generally actually do a great job), or hurling thinly veiled insults (some call it trolling). I think they either want attention or just want forum cred.
    • Like x 6
  5. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Oh I have...

I'm moving right along, there is nothing to see here for me.

Ya lost me when throwing in real world stuff as if getting feats and completing content could only be done if you were online all day everyday, which I wasn't, but you grouped me in with the context but ok.

Thanks though.
  6. shoegazer Well-Known Player

The point is things that already take a long time will take much longer if they can be done at all down the road...especially when things die, turn into ghost towns...ghost town bounties are definitely things I've had to go back to..

You wanted an example, you got one..

And I didn't group you into anything..you asked me about my ****..the "real world stuff" is my ****..I mean, I say it right after.."I don't always have a lot of time to play"...sorry ya got lost

All day everyday?..nowhere did I infer that's the only way one could finish feats and content...you did that, not me...

nothing to see but what you want to see I guess
    • Like x 3
  7. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

No you didn't, but you implied that since you have only limited time to run content that it causes some type of problem.

Your not the only one who has other obligations is all I said, it's why you lost me.

I could have said more, I'm glad I did not.

Its not an argument or a discussion about grouping, more like a challenge to whether or not time permits or not.

So...
  8. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

Bottom line they gave no choice in seeing your progression wiped out and it is right for people to be upset.
    They are using the stat clamp and reshuffling rewards to force players into content with supposed new or low level players and not everyone has the time or inclination to do that and forcing it was doomed.
    People do not respond well to theft, coercion, and force. They really don't respond well to bullying, gaslighting, and being told they are wrong when so very clearly in the right.

I don't have answers. I'm not a developer. My expertise is not in game design. I have spent years working, raising a family, and gaming with my kids. EverQuest, WOW, etc. gave a choice in leveling down and it's worked great. When WOW went to crazy to bring in more players forgetting their base they lost a lot of people, others came in, life moved on. What blew them out of the water was they decreed they would finally do a WOW classic because of all the whiners and that hardly anyone would even play it.... yeah not so much it blew up massively, made them insane amounts of money, and they just added more to WOW classic.

The answer should never include taking what others paid for and earned, some over years.
    • Like x 4
  9. kiramon2 New Player

The game sucked before. Does it suck now? Maybe, but at least it's trying to not suck instead of just continuing on. Get over it.

Did it suck for you? No? Sorry, not sorry. The Devs thought it sucked, hence why they changed it. And you're not a Dev. Deal with it or leave, thems the ropes. Nobody cares that you spent "years and years" to make yourself feel like strongerzor or anything of the sort, because in all honestly - you do not matter to a game dev. YOU are not important; you probably stopped buying stuff a long time ago. A new player will buy new things. THAT matters to the game. You sitting around feeling like a champ with your ugly hero mog that you think looks cool doesn't contribute anything meaningful after 10 years.

Truth is, the longer you play the less your metric means.
    • Like x 1
  10. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Solid attitude. Will you feel the same way when every hardcore type leaves the game and all that's left are players that can't beat content or suddenly trolls, tanks, or healers are extinct? You've got to think about how to please as many people as possible when selling a product. Both short and long term. If this game runs off it's long term player base, then more will leave due to lack of players and lack of ability to complete content. So short term: lose end gamers= long term dead population
    • Like x 4
  11. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

I always enjoy your posts even though we don't always agree. You bring well presented arguments every time.

In this case, I am more comfortable with the update than you are but I really wanted to run something past you to consider. I don't know if this is true BUT it is something to think about...

Perhaps, while the Devs don't WANT to lose long time players like us, their primary focus is on enticing new players to download, play and make micro purchases. Given the size of the PS, PC and XBox platforms alone, it seems to me that DCUO could have a constant player turn over and still thrive to the point where new DLCS are developed and released on a regular basis.

Just looking at my own situation, I have almost every style in the game so my need for Source Marks is going to be far less than a new player who is going to need those styles for feats.

My ARTS are all at 200, so I don't need to chase as hard in that area as a newer player who may stay logged in longer in the day than I do to progress there... and so on

In short, while I still enjoy and play the game, I don't spend as many hours logged in as I once did.

Obviously the powers that be have reports, upon reports, upon REPORTS that slice and dice player data down to a very fine level and are making decisions based on what the data tells them are the best business choices.

Again, I have no data on this, so I could be off base. But it may be that long term players are the outliers here and that the majority of the money is being generated by players that actually turn over more frequently. If this is the case, it would be irresponsible for Digital Ink to cater to us more than to newer players.
    • Like x 2
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Feeling is mutual and I say it often, I'm not against anyone on the forums. I run a business and that's how I think thru most of my posts. So what I do for a living is make fancy expensive cars more fancy and expensive. So I have long term customers and I have plenty that may only come thru once or twice. Those long terms may not spend as much as a new client but those long termers generally cycle a few different cars thru here. While my focus is 100% satisfied customer rate, I'm quality vs quantity. This game has to be quantity vs quality. So who has more toons? The players that started last week or the 10yr vets with 20 toons that all spend some? How do the devs seperate the numbers of new players vs lesser used farming toons?

So with that in mind, we all see those random low cr toons that can do very well. Chances are, they're the top tier players on an alt. If an end game toon gets pushed away, so does that alt and maybe their 13 other ones. That's a lot of population.

You are correct tho, they need to get more players on those other platforms but they absolutely can not chase off what they have because the population is already tiny.
    • Like x 3
  13. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

You do make very good points. Thank you.

• Like x 1
  14. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Very well said, thank you. I work for a marketing firm and our customers are a lot of Fortune 500 and a Fortune 100 company. A common thing we do is to help them identify their bread-and-butter customers, the consistently repeat business customer, and tailor special ways to appeal to those customers to keep them loyal. These customers tend to continue to support a business even in downturns so over the course of the long run they are an important group to take care of.
    • Like x 1
  15. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

It would be great if they had better interaction with their target market but they don't they really only get feed back from the same testers that always test and the same forum posters that always post.

16. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

[IMG]
  17. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

[IMG][qu[IMG]
    ote="Doctor Nova, post: 4433477, member: 360"][IMG][/quote]
  18. The Con Dedicated Player

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnddddd...... THAT is why older content was dead.

Not because "It was just too gosh darn easy".

[IMG]
  19. Lady Mystyk Active Player

I like one shotting adds as much as the next person, but let me ask you and others this question.

Do you feel super in end game content when you CANNOT ONE SHOT ANYTHNG?

So, be careful how you answer, because in your post you say:

"Now no matter how high your CR you are not much better than no power random citizen."
  20. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

Another one wanting ez cheese one shot and still get rewarded, because fk balance.