Stat Clamping Removes The Super

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Alpha Maximum, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I kind of wished open worlds had been left alone as well. But at the same time, I along with a a random villain tank 2-manned the Pod and Daemon Lord in JLD Chaos Gotham the other day relatively quickly. The Shadow Golem or whatever it's called has a much higher health pool so it was looking to be a bit more challenging but a couple strays joined in and we took him down pretty easily from there.

Yesterday I along with a leaguemate of mine (also a troll power) almost 2-manned the Escaped Experiment bounty in BoP Metropolis (gadgets' holographic decoy helped a bunch). We couldn't quite finish him off by ourselves but a tank came along and it was a pretty easy 3-man once he was there.

Point being, bounties may no longer be soloble in DPS role (I lament this too) but it's not like you need a whole crowd of players either. And if your main concern was time efficiency, soloing bounties was a lot of fun but it was by no means a time efficient way to do them either. A group was and always will be the way to go there.
  2. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

It wasn't fair that you can one shot adds and enemies at lower tier content thus removing the experience and knowledge of newer players because players like you just think about themselves and are only there for the relevant marks. You want to feel powerful then go do end game content where there are no stats clamp. You want to get styles or source marks then do low tier content and still feel stronger than the actual relevant crs in said low tier content.
    • Like x 2
  3. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

"It's not fair because you can and I can't!"

Fixed it for you.
    • Like x 3
  4. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Didn't fix anything buddy. I didn't mind I can one shot enemies before stat clamp the difference between me and you is that I actually give the power to new players to be able to experience content but unlike you and others who only pride themselves they only care about themselves and their ego. So easily readable you and others are. But continue to be exposed, everyone is watching.
    • Like x 1
  5. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

You have two options.

1- Faceroll and don't get rewarded, making old content irrelevant for you
    2- Stay a bit above the power level and be rewarded but without one shooting stuff.
    • Like x 2
  6. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Felt pretty super last night when we walked in and 3 man’d FOS3 for quick source marks. No wipes, no issues, and took just a few minutes. Its an 8 man raid after all. Clamped supposedly made all this content so much harder rite? You must see this is a player prob not a game prob. Cllamping us didnt hinder us much at all. We are still way too OP. WAY TOO OP if u ask me. Theres no reason any of this is too hard except that players now have to actually play it. Once people learn to play the game rather then rely on being over geared everything will again be a breeze.
    Trust me, we are WAY too OP still.
    • Like x 1
  7. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

You forgot the one option that a lot of us veteran players are looking real hard at right now.
    • Like x 3
  8. infinitygauntlt Well-Known Player

Good morning
    They should make so whoever wants to run Stat clamp content can and who wants to run content like it was before can to.
    Give the players the choice!
    • Like x 5
  9. Monkeyboy Committed Player

You have a choice, just que from the "old" menu.
  10. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

The old menu is still clamped
    • Like x 2
  11. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

I'm a 2011 player.
    • Like x 1
  12. Shalayah Committed Player

I haven’t told you to be happy at all. I just think your argument for not being happy carries little weight. You’re saying you don’t feel super in content yet you have a completely maxed build. Not just in CR, but in artifacts and SP. my issue with that is that I don’t have a completely maxed build. 390 SP, 342 CR, and only one DPS maxed artifact yet the content while not being as brainfdead easy as before is still easy…. If you don’t feel powerful then there is a fundamental issue right there. Is being powerful to you the ability to one shot everything? If that’s the case then go fight ads in metropolis. They haven’t been adjusted.

My definition of being powerful is to overpower my enemies. I still get that feeling when running content. I just can’t beat them by looking at them. Superman himself one of the most powerful superheroes ever does not just one shot everything. Superman is as strong as he needs to be. That’s what’s so cool about Superman. His feats are awesome because while we all know that he’s overpowered AF. He’s not just looking at you and you die. It’s an interesting fight. Dude can literally destroy planets if he wants to yet his biggest foe is a freaking human. Is superman less super because of that?

You get the picture. Anyways you don’t have to like the changes and that’s fine. My issue is when players spell gloom and doom for the game simply because they can’t one shot everything.
    • Like x 1
  13. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

If you’re an end content player, yes, absolutely without a doubt they should still get the 10 source marks that don’t even have any use for end content gear.
    • Like x 1
  14. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I'm not apposed to spamming that content just to get fast source marks and if you could one shot adds and boss then all the power to you. But you can't say the same for all 10 years worth of content. It's just not fair for the other players in the group unless of course you form your own.
  15. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

I do not care about other players who are probably new characters. I don’t associate myself with new players unless I’m beating them up for duel feats.

How do you figure it’s not fair if some of these new players ask us and expect us to carry them?
    • Like x 1
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’ll just go form a group to run the unclamped version, then… oh.
    • Like x 1
  17. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

No gear, no stats, everyone at the same level; that would make this game a true single player console game. There would be no reason to even have a dev team; they can just make the game as you say and leave it on maintenance mode. No need for subscriptions or member levels at that point because everyone would be playing at the same level with access to the same level of the game. No need for continuous CR progression; leave the current highest CR level as the only end game level.

Umm...

Having no stats gear in a game needs to be introduced to a game at launch; otherwise, it will be impossible to adapt to the game years down the line. From my experience, games that have no stat gear rely on power/character enhancements, which are usually set up to be farmed, crafted and/or locked behind some type of wall (paywall, featwall, ect). End game level becomes a hard grind, as crafting items needed at that level become harder to achieve and components become harder to obtain and/or more expensive. Do players of this game want to go back to a craft-heavy system that requires them to farm for components more than enjoy the game and the content? I think I have the answer to that one:

No.

I've said this before and I will say it again; the devs got rid of the previous craft-heavy system for a reason. This game has RPG elements to it, which means that stats and content progression are part of the game system and will probably not go anywhere. As per the Development Update the devs posted a month ago, there will be room for tweaks and changes.

There were many requests from players to be able to do older content for source marks and not be tied to only end game content to get them, and here we are.

There were many requests from players to be able to go back to older content and not have a long queue wait to do them, and here we are.

There were many complaints from players about higher level players steamrolling though older content so fast that other team members did not get the chance to get feats or experience the content for what it is, and here we are.

The player community in general asked for changes and the devs gave them to us. They may not be changes in your favor, and that is ok. The devs have to think of the player community as a whole, and that is not easy to do.

It will take longer than a few days to see how these changes truly play out; I suggest give these changes more time to see how they truly affect the player community as a whole.
  18. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I have nothing nice to say to your first and second sentence so I'll just respond to your last sentence. It happens but to me it's extremely rare to see someone asking to be carried or expecting us to carry them though I did experience it once again it was extremely rare for me and it's not fair to be asked or expected us to carry them. Simply put them on ignore list or vote to kick.
    • Like x 1
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I don’t want this update reversed, I just want the clamp eased a little bit because 10cr plus extra damage is not enough. Those things won’t help me when a boss drops aggro or there’s an instant death ball hurtling towards me. Now, you might say I should just dodge them.

But sometimes these things happen simultaneously and I’m reduced to a rabbit in headlights. I used to really benefit from coming back to an instance 50cr or so later, when the death ball still kills me but the boss jumping on me hits me for 50%, rather than 100%.
    • Like x 1
  20. myandria Item Storage

Understood, and that is why I suggest to wait it out a bit. If more players have the same experiences you are having and come to the forums/bug section to say so, then I can see the devs tweaking it a bit. Usually the first 2-3 weeks is when the devs make the most changes to a new system/new content.
    • Like x 1