Stat Clamping Removes The Super

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Alpha Maximum, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

Right! My bank account and years of subscribing would disagree with them most vehemently.

• Like x 1
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I like the idea of having an option. Just how it was before, able to get feats, drops old gear, and maybe get a source or 2. But yeah, it would probably kill omnibus because even the new players just want to get thru old content on their 12th time thru. Like kandhaq once or twice the "real" way is a good time. The 30th, probably not. But I'm still not actually against the clamp.

One thing about it tho, are we sure it's working right? I go in with any of my 345+ 500+sp high arti toons and feel ok. Then I go in with my 343cr 140sp farmer with 120 artis and feel the same. And still tripling other players on the board. It just seems like that toon should be weaker I guess? I was expecting him to do much lower damage. Maybe the group wasn't as good but it didn't look any different than when I ran any other toon in the same instances. Same raid, all toons just getting over 2mil overall vs everyone else having barely 300k.

Then on the healing side, I stand there. Literally not healing. Just being there is enough lol. I had 2 electric toons running that power that group heals so I switched to dps and no one noticed. Not sure that's teaching roles. Also still haven't had a troll in a single old content run
  3. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

:p;):)
    • Like x 1
  4. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

If you can Fly, teleport, superspeed, use powers unlike the civilains that walk the streets of Gotham/Metropolis, Fight along with the likes of Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman than by definition you are "SUPER".
    • Like x 1
  5. Imaginos Dedicated Player

That's cute, but false. After all every single citizen can be pushed off a building with 100 floors, hit the ground and walk away. They can stand right next to the biggest AOE and not be touched. They're far more super than they let on. :D
    • Like x 4
  6. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

That don't count. plus they're stuck in the same loop infinitely, while you're not, you get to visit inhuman places like Gotham wasteland, Gotham under siege and kill demons, "Demons" .:rolleyes:
  7. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Not even a inch.;)
    • Like x 1
  8. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Sure we are. We're all stuck in the same infinite loop. Log in, get your bonus, do your dalies, queue for something, log out. Rinse Repeat. Don't know what's more of a loop than that. :D So we're npcs who get travel expenses. that's a nice bonus.
    • Like x 1
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I watched Lois Lane get set on fire by a kryptonian grenade and she didn’t even seem to notice. :D
    • Like x 2
  10. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Ah you got me on that one. A loop is a loop so you got a point there but I would say we're the strongest in the open world atleast. ;)
  11. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

DC Universe citizens have it really rough.

12. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

"restart this clock. it's not fair." mmmm.... ok, restart the game it's not 2007 when dx9 was a thing before dcuo launched in 2011.
    • Like x 1
  13. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

I remember the first time I saw him, the first time I saw him defeated, he truly is the hero we need if not the hero we deserve... or some or other.

[IMG]
  14. hhussk01 New Player

There's really two conversations going on, and this is one of them.

The other one is about money.

If the monthly and projected revenue for DCUO plummets, they'll get rid of this in a heartbeat. On the other hand, if these changes cause an influx of new subscriptions and keep their existing community happy, then this was a success.