Stat Clamping Removes The Super

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Alpha Maximum, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Darkred Dragon New Player

I UNDER STAND SOLO, MISSION, Alerts, Clamps but why open worlds, I put in the work, so I can run more Ep a night now I got to go back to laboring to get my reward. 5 yrs down the drain if this holds .... I might as well go back to free play, why pay
    • Like x 4
  2. Shalayah Committed Player

Hmmm. What are your arts and SP looking like?
  3. Darkred Dragon New Player

rewards still crap, now it just takes longer to get the crap
    • Like x 5
  4. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

Well stated. You seem to get the meaning of "When everyone is super then no one will be." Years of hard earned progress are erased with no choice is not a brilliant move. The choice to be leveled down is given in virtually every other MMO because of the detrimental reasons being played out right now on DCUO. Removing the Super feeling from a superhero game was not wise let alone in keeping with the whole point of a game were you are supposed to be a super powerful hero or villain.

Stat clamping as it stands in DCUO is not just forced, it's over done, removes the Superhero/villain feeling completely, makes this feel like any other basic MMO, and has led to a host of other issues listed throughout the threads.
    • Like x 6
  5. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

Maxed out, why?
  6. Shalayah Committed Player

So you have 600+ SP and all 200 artifacts? If that’s the case then you should still feel super in content. You just won’t be able to one shot everything :)
    • Like x 2
  7. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

Yes and elite gear. You might want to reread through the comments because I think your missing my point.

Moving on, why can't I still one shot everything as I earned that with my time and money? Why take away what I earned by depowering me? More so as a powerful super I worked for years to be able to go through and "one shot" those pesky mobs as Supers can do with ease (adds to the RP aspect and the whole point of playing a super). So no I don't get to feel Super as my super powers have been depowered massively thanks to stat clamping. That's not even an opinion that is exactly what stat clamping did.

Now I get it, you seem very happy with being stat clamped so enjoy it and enjoy your game. Others, apparently many many others, are not thrilled, happy, or OK with it and they have a completely valid reason. If your happy being stat clamped great I'm not telling you to be upset. What is weird is there is no argument over the fact they stat clamped, there is no argument about you enjoying your game and you enjoying being stat clamped, no one is telling you to hate being stat clamped, yet here you are telling me to be happy with it and it entails... maybe think on that a bit. Don't instant reply really think about it.
    • Like x 5
  8. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I'm not entirely unhappy.

That's rare.
    • Like x 3
  9. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Bring back Marks of Victory! AKA, give source marks for doing any quest for the entire game. The weekly do 24-330 repetitive things is outting the grind, blatantly, in unfun ways of gameplay. Some instance missions are do the other quest 3-10 times to get marks. It's a rank 1 MMO mission for new tiers in DCUO. With pathing of citrine mists on... ffs, it's a 2014 thread that is still not fixed. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/follow-citrine-mists.228501/

U want us to replay old content that is still not fixed? To do random quantity of click the cog for marks now? I did that when the content was new and hated doing it then. I had limited time and a grind. Ya began pushing me away from enjoyable gameplay with that nonsense leading to late 2016, when i left. You are asking me to that old BS again? using a Bundling On Duty menu? I guess it began when they had a few games to list as having access to in the bundle. Then the On Duty took on more of that within a single game, Bundle Tier content, let's go.

{no. been there. modify it, or i walk. Shirley, it's new to younger ones. Seasonal content is new to someone every year, and they may or may not have brain damage. Repetition... that's the point. Not the damage. Damage is the result of the repetition. According to them over there. I recall playing fighting games and having NO UI elements and the time spent was fun. I might hate mmos. If you keep adding UI systems to a mmo. It's a foregone conclusion. imho.}
    • Like x 2
  10. Ergotth Committed Player

takes LONGER? Have you tried doing Fortress of Solitude 3 with a team of 8 competent players? Even clamped at CR 80-ish that thing takes LESS THAN 5 MINUTES! And we are just 1 healer, 1 controller and 6 schmucks doing only damage!
    • Like x 5
  11. Dev72 Dedicated Player

It hasn't been the exact opposite for a decade...it was like this as soon as AMs dropped, and people got spoiled.
    • Like x 1
  12. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

Excuse me? Rewards are crap? Before you would get a total of ZERO marks from content under your CR level.
    • Like x 1
  13. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

This, FoS 3 right now is 5 minutes for 10 Source Marks + Gear with barely any player plan. Just go in, watch the long cutscene and burn everything down.
    • Like x 1
  14. Kurosu New Player

I’m genuinely confused by a lot of the backlash because I played FOS2, FOS3, TOTD, the Crown of Thorns(?) raid with Murk and Prime Battleground and aside from players who genuinely did not know the mechanics, I saw the DPS players I was queued with slam through adds and bosses in little time; a few people even got the speed feat for PB. I still felt really strong, I was still CC’ing adds really well, I just had to watch my health and my group’s health a little more because I could get knocked out if I wasn’t careful. Am I alone in thinking that stat clamping is fine? Like, it was barely a hindrance aside from the fact it takes maybe a couple of seconds or so longer than usual to clear something?
    • Like x 4
  15. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

Most DCUO players are, unfortunately, used to facerolling content, now that the game is back to a more balanced form people are feeling weird.
    • Like x 3
  16. Kurosu New Player

I started playing in 2017 and I love DC; being unable to enter older content with regularity was actually one of the things that turned me away from the game after a while. Playing FOS3 and being rewarded with 10 Source Marks after like 5-10 minutes made me feel like I was stealing. Was too good to be true. I missed out on gaining rewards for a massive chunk of content until probably AoJ, and it took forever for queues to pop for something like JFA or US, and I was restricting myself from gaining higher CR on purpose because god forbid I enjoyed playing that content and I wanted to finish feats while gaining some Marks. Hearing the news regarding HoL and seeing what we got was worth the wait for me personally and I’ll definitely be playing this a lot more. I’ll take clamping if it means I can be rewarded for going through some older content that I never got to properly enjoy to begin with since people facerolled through it when I played it back then.
    • Like x 1
  17. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

You are far from alone. Most people don't post on forums and those that do ,tend to have an axe to grind one way or another.

Same dynamic you see in online reviews of various products.

Same goes for in game chat.

Grinding axes...just grinding for the sake, of well, grinding :p

I would not see forum threads as the final indication of what the player base as a whole is thinking on any issue.
    • Like x 1
  18. Tainted0Love Well-Known Player

How long until DCUO Classic is released and those that dislike this new pile ... can go back to the roots?
  19. Killeroftruth New Player

The stat clamp really isn’t as bad as everyone’s saying , yeah you can’t solo low tier **** but who cares the game is meant to be done with teamwork not by yourself it makes sense it’s a mmo not a single player game lmaooo. I get how it’s not fair to some people Bc your worked so hard to get where you were and you don’t think it’s fair that you can’t one shot things but really I’m walking thru everything just as easy as befor I’m starting to think all the people complaining just suck at the game like really don’t complain . Adapt and it won’t seem as bad as your all making it out to be . This why they made the update to help the community as a whole not to benefit the people who are high enough to do it what’s the point in one shotting everything when you don’t even know what your doing in the raid ..
  20. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

DC Classic oh boi. If people are complaining about clamped stats, imagine if they go back to classic without all those trinkets, allies and artifacts giving them crazy buffs. Not to mention, you would NEED a full group to complete content, power regeneration was HORRIBLE too.