Dev Discussion Starro: Central City Starro Deluge Zone feedback

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Charon, Apr 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Millbarge Developer

*noted*

-Millbarge
    • Like x 3
  2. Sugr Bear Committed Player

Ok if my damage is going to empower them I should have immunity to Zeus's lightning and fire should be immune to any fire and so on and so forth lol.
  3. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Woah! I should clarify before any confusion happens, by you or other forum peoples watching/posting on this thread.

The electricity AOE specifically from the electricity protocol test to the northeast of the museum doesn't lower the health of the Starro adds that spawn once you activate it. In comparison, the fire, ice and poison protocol tests trigger an AOE that does lower the health gradually of the Starro adds that spawn once they are activated.

Electricity DPS (from elsewhere, i.e. players via power or the Zeus Orbital) do affect the Starro adds, same with other powers (though admittedly other powers hit them harder).

This inconsistency is specifically regarding the protocol test AOEs that affect the Starro adds spawn when they are activated and the surrounding AOE occurs and gradually damages (or not in the case of the electricity test) the Starro adds.
  4. Norwegian ninja Well-Known Player

This is on purpose, not a bug. Did you happen to notice right next to it that starros are feeding on the electric generators? Electricity powers them
  5. light FX Steadfast Player

So just fought black lightning and twice he fell off the building because he flew out there and i simply hit em and he fell and both times he reset and reset his entire health too.
  6. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I think that particular BL spawn should be moved to somewhere else personally.

I've had that happen to me some 5 times in a row on a couple occasions.
  7. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

It would be nice if when you get a mission that the exclamation mark above the mission giver disappears. It can get confusing and I may leave the mission area thinking I have all of the missions when I may be missing one or two. I also end up double checking all the mission givers to ensure I have the mission and generally second guessing myself as I'm moving away to start the CC missions.
  8. wes96 New Player

My character is being buffed to be in the event but I noticed in the mission Applied Science that the Electricity Test is bugged, I mean it does not continue to damage the enemies like the others. That makes it impossible to accomplish solo for those who are being buffed.
  9. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Can a dev please clarify whether this is intended or not? Sorry just following up on this.
  10. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Would it be possible to reduce the likelihood of Lex's minions picking up the turret things? It's nice that they are helping but they don't give credit towards the mission, and its annoying when you are about to pick up your last one and the NPC picks it up instead.
  11. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Is there any way of 'restricting' the amount of phases in this, especially given the bounty being there once in a blue moon now.

It makes it difficult to find others to do the weekly protocol mission (unless you are Sorcery (pets, even better Grand Summoning), Earth (pets), lucky with Orbital Strike, or maybe lucky with Quantum stuns and can solo the electricity protocol). Lots of empty phases can have knock off effects.
  12. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

What this person said.

I mean you can probably solo it with Sorcery or Earth (especially the former with Grand Summoning), or are lucky with Orbital Strike or Quantum stuns. But good luck trying to solo the electric one with say, HL, Rage, Mental, Atomic, Electricity, Gadgets, Fire, Celestial, or Nature.
  13. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I believe that's on purpose. Starros like electricity - that's why they're sucking off the generators in the parking lot next to that test.
  14. Dragon Power Well-Known Player

Pros: Fun and likeable villains, mission structure feels a little more dynamic.

Cons: The rewards are boring. The open world Starro Conqueror only drops 6 spores and quicklime, and nothing else (cash? Don't remember if he does). And non-boss trash mobs don't drop any kind of loot, not even any cash or base items or anything like they do in other instances. The trash mobs in the other Central Cities do, why doesn't the event version do it? We have to wait for the mission reward to get any kind of rewards, which makes the fighting in between feel monotonous and boring, especially once you get into the grind of having to repeat them on a daily basis for weeks and weeks. There needs to be smaller rewards like cash, gear for styles, base items, R&D ingredients, soders, etc, that drop of off trash mobs in order to entice and spice things up. Loot drives MMORPG gameplay, it shouldn't be excluded and moved to mission rewards/bosses only.
  15. Dragon Power Well-Known Player

Have you tried an armory loadout with healing/shield superpowers and supercharges, pets, and buff soders/candies?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.