Dev Discussion Starro: Central City Starro Deluge Zone feedback

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Charon, Apr 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charon Lead Content Designer

Hey villains and heroes! Please use this thread for posting your feedback on the Starro: Central City Starro Deluge Zone adventuring area (yeah, that’s a mouthful, I know). Let us know if you have any issues, comments, questions, etc.

Hope you all enjoy and thanks for all the (star)fish feedback!
  2. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

Loved the interconnecting missions (going from scientist to scientist as part of an overall mission was even cooler than the one mission-two mission-three mission format in the Paradox reaper infested Central City.

also enjoyed working with another player to take down a Starro controlled Trickster....(was kinda hoping Mark Hamill could've been brought in to deliver a few lines!)
    [IMG]
  3. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Great job with these open world missions devs! Eagle-eyed players may also notice the Central City map got an expansion too (the area near the river, which has been cut off in previous content).

A bug I've noticed lately as a villain - sometimes if I die I spawn at the hero faction area and then get flung away.
    • Like x 1
  4. Charon Lead Content Designer

Thanks! The Engineering team is looking into that and will hopefully have a fix "soon ™".
    • Like x 1
  5. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I did a report on this on test. It happens after you do an instance and are on suicide squad (meaning have the shock collar). A player can quick fix the issues by leaving the zone and coming back in.
  6. Charon Lead Content Designer

Yep. A fix was put in thanks to your reports but something went awry in the transition to Live.
  7. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I figured it might be something like that, but I wanted to post root cause and work around here too so it was a little more visible as well.
    • Like x 1
  8. light FX Steadfast Player

As nature my DoTs wont stick to black lightning. Saw this the 2nd day and went back and tested it multiple times yesterday. Just forgot to come post about it. Didnt test it against the other iconics tho. Forgot to. Will do that today tho.
  9. microhatter Active Player

I love the Starro attached to the Flash statue. Great touch!
  10. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

Having open world content built around groups is VERY BAD, unless you go through OnDuty.

Applied Science is the biggest pain in the butt of entire event. It can be done solo but its incredibly hard and usually ends in death. Waiting for others or trying to shout for a group is NOT a very good option for a mission you only let us do once a week.

Please nerf the crap out of the starfish so we can solo it or add it to the OnDuty so its easier to get a group. Alternatively you could xhange the spore count and let us run it daily which would create more opportunity.

Otherwise I love the open world portion, and the rest of event.
  11. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

Hmmm broken? 4 of my toons have been going since day 1. Either thursday or friday(after raid resets) one of my toons noticed a mission prompt over the hatchery connected to a computer terminal(that sends u after iconics). It wanted me to find and kill a Large starfish that was attacking satellite dishes and eating x-rays. No way point but I found it at top of radio tower. The mission was 8 spore.

My other 3 toons were at 91 spore today and the 1 who got that was at 99. I have started running 9 toons through and I have not seen that mission on anyone else...

Is it an alternative mission to Applied Science? The other weekly 8 pointer? Or is it bugged and not showing up? Theres no way i missed doing 8 point miisions on 3 of my fav toons.
    • Like x 1
  12. Derio 15000 Post Club

Applied Science is a bit much. Solos shouldn't require groups. Not sure if they are hitting too hard or a bug in our health /defense at the clamped rate.
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It's not a solo. The Starro's have alert colour health bars.
  14. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Radio Starfish!
    What is required to activate this?
  15. Shark Dental Devoted Player

You have to defeat all of the iconics 7 times in a row without dying.
    • Like x 1
  16. Shark Dental Devoted Player

K, fun's over. Actually you only have to defeat each of the iconics once. And you can die. But if you do, that's really, really worrisome.
    • Like x 1
  17. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Does it have to be via the Mission? I had it on one alt, and it baffled me as to why not on the others.
    Actually no. Now I remember. I got it after accidentally killing the Trickster today.
  18. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

If those Iconics were killing me; I'd be worried too.
    • Like x 1
  19. stärnbock Devoted Player

HUGE FAIL, DEVS!
    look at the mission where you must stopp starro from eating hot dogs:
    why do they eat with theyr eye, instead of theyr mouth? because: FAIL!
    PLEASE: i need a hotfix to turn the starros around, i cant watch this ^^
    • Like x 1
  20. stärnbock Devoted Player

or is it more like the heck on theyr back side?
    well, then all with starro mask are butt-faces o_O
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.