Dev Discussion Starro: Central City Starro Deluge Zone feedback

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Charon, Apr 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Another thing that frustrates me a little is that the iconics and the science mission can be inconsistent at times with regard to credit. Say if someone else is also attacking the iconic or the Starro's that spawn from the weekly.

Sometimes lag comes into it, as my attacks don't hit when they should and as the other player is attacking they seemingly get more credit or even full credit for the mission (or part of mission) than me. One slight miss of an attack can make all the difference between me getting credit for the mission and me not getting credit for the mission if other players are nearby and attacking the same NPC/s as me.

It's kinda annoying when two players are doing the weekly mission and as they have a stronger power (say Munitions or Sorcery for example) they may get much of a lead that you may not get credit at all as your power (say Quantum, Celestial, or Mental) is just that bit slower in a stat clamped environment.
    • Like x 1
  2. Charon Lead Content Designer

The warp to rally bug is still in the pipeline. Some code issues are preventing it from being pushed to Live currently but to fix the issue temporarily, you can zone out and back into Central City. The bug happens when you do the Suicide Squad duo missions.

The citizens at the hatcheries up north will have their quicklime application timers match the other citizens.

We'll look at the inconsistent credit issue to see if anything can be done to help alleviate it.

Thanks.
    • Like x 1
  3. Charon Lead Content Designer

A tweak for contribution will be heading to the Live Servers Soon ™ which will help with the two weekly missions and the bounties.
    • Like x 1
  4. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Hey! Something is really bothering me.

I think some of the iconics and large Starro's should move location.

Example: Black Lightning on top of the building near the hero area.

Reason: I battled him and 5 times in a row he fell off the building and reset the fight. (I should also add that he himself lunged off the building, I didn't use an attack that blew him away)

It's really annoying when iconics and the large Starros fall off the building and reset the fight, especially when multiple times in a row.

It then becomes a battle to keep the iconic or large Starro in a small area otherwise they risk falling/flying down the side of the building and resetting. Even if you follow them down they will either reset or evade your attacks then return to their original placement with full health.

I suppose Weather Wizard could come into this as well on top of the Flash Museum - though typically he just falls down the side of the spire, maybe onto one of the rooftops on either side.

I've also had a few close calls with this with Kid Flash on top of the Flash Museum - fortunately in most cases he'll just superspeed back onto the rooftop and do one of his attacks. But I can easily see him falling off and having the same issue with resetting.

I suppose it depends on how wide the rooftop is. In the case of the Large Starro's at the building just north of the villain area, and the Black Lightning iconic spawn just southwest of the hero area, either they need to change location, or have something altered regarding their action to reset.
  5. Charon Lead Content Designer

A fix for their reset behavior will be coming down the pipeline.
    • Like x 1
  6. iMint Well-Known Player

Please take a look into the aggro range of the Starros
  7. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I have had them fall off the building a ton, but never reset. But that could be because I usually follow them down, lol. One thing to keep in mind when altering reset behavior is to make sure that they don't head too close to Villain or Hero spawn locations, lol. Otherwise you get the boot, lol.
  8. light FX Steadfast Player

So it looks like all the iconics have disappeared after the update today. Kinda hard to do the daily mission ;)

Edit: so double and triple checked this and saw a few others out there flying around from spawn point to spawn point. No iconics anywhere.
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

So i just walked up to the scientist for the extra mark and when i interacted with her she vanished and then appeared again but my toon was frozen there. I could not move at all. I could open inventory and take off gear and all of that but could not move. Relogging did fix the issue.
  10. Millbarge Developer

A fix was submitted internally - it will go out to the Live servers soon™.

-Millbarge
    • Like x 1
  11. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Today?
  12. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

Like in half hour?
  13. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Like today?
  14. Mizz iZ Well-Known Player

Hello,

I noticed that there was a note saying the iconic respawn rate was going to lengthened. Now that I have tried looking for the iconic today without luck, I have realized that the reward is an unreasonable trade-off for my time. I feel frustrated because I'm trying to make sense out of the timing of this change. I keep telling myself that the developers just didn't think about the impact.

Since spores are doubled there are more than double the players doing the quests on both pvp and pve side. So now that the spawn rate has been lengthened a player conceivably has to look around far longer than what's reasonable. Also, considering the comparison to the other quests, the KO Iconic feat is far more difficult and now very likely not available; yet the reward is basically the same.

Players don't really care about the reward box. I imagine we all have those coming out of our ears by now. But the Spore currency is very important. I was excited about the double the spores special and so were many of my acquaintances. But quite frankly now I feel disappointed that I am unable to find an iconic. I looked in both phases and between completion of quests and instances. I spent about a total of 30 minutes looking.

If it was the developers' intention to create this kind of frustration then I suppose I will just have to deal with it. But if it's simply an oversight please reply to this post.
    • Like x 1
  15. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Hello!

Another bug/inconsistency I've come across for a while now but keep forgetting to post about.

I notice that for the weekly protocol mission when you activate the tests the Starro adds health goes down gradually. However this isn't the case for the electricity one to the northeast of the museum.

Is this intended that the Starros are shock proof or is it a bug?
  16. Millbarge Developer

You should let the scientists know. I'm sure they'd be eager to hear about your findings that electricity empowers Starro Spores!

-Millbarge
    • Like x 1
  17. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Poor Electricity DPS...
  18. Sugr Bear Committed Player

Lol, I'm an electric player and get through this just fine with my dps.
  19. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

You mean your damage doesn't empower those Starros properly? Millbarge, we have a bug over here!
    • Like x 1
  20. Sugr Bear Committed Player

Lol uh oh might have shot myself in the foot here.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.