Star Wars, The Thread

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Ankh_Legacy, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

I feel like The Mandalorian is going to be what Boba Fett never could be in canon. I mean at this point, the chances of a Boba Fett series or movie are next to none.

And yeah, the EU has so much cool stuff on the Mandalorians, especially during the Old Republic era. I'm hoping Disney buys SWTOR (the MMO game), and makes it canon. That way, the Old Republic lore would become canon.
  2. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

NEW OFFICIAL POSTER FROM D23 FOR

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  3. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Also from D23, new footage from TROS was shown. But no new trailer, just a sizzle reel.

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND, this article may have spoilers in it about TROS (however, the info in it was publicly released so technically it's not a spoiler. But be warned).

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...ce=Direct&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

POSSIBLE SPOILERS-----

Audiences at D23 said that Rey was seen donning black robes and a red double-hilt lightsaber (Like Maul's). This could be just a vision or a dream sequence, but who knows.
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

For me it was the stuff Karen Traviss worked on/developed in the Republic Commando books. The Old Republic stuff (KOTOR, SWTOR) never really clicked with me, always seemed a bit too stuffy.
  5. Neph Dedicated Player

cool poster, my only complaint is that it looks nothing like Ian, Daisy and Adam look great
  6. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

7. Neph Dedicated Player

OMG no, lol

The compositing for Leia is great, looks natural; fooled me!

the legion of Imperial Star Destroyers look goofy
    Rey to turn this late in the game is a hard pill to swallow
    3PO with red eyes? I guess that is when he uses Chewie's blaster
    The fight on the Deathstar wreckage looks cool

And why does Rey's double bladed lightsaber crackle in both hilts? I thought the only reason why Kylo's was like that was because it was damaged? Even though it is a cool aesthetic for Darkside sabers, why over do it?
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Three simple words:

Context is everything. :D
    • Like x 2
  9. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

I find his analysis to be quite solid.

My thoughts:

The Dark Rey looks like more of a vision type thing, who's vision would be the question. So I don't believe she falls to the Dark Side. I do have to say Daisy looks really good in the close up shot.

On the Star Destroyer fleet. I'm thinking the Resistance heard rumors or got info of some kind of abandoned fleet in the Outer Rim, Wild Space or the Unknown Regions. They being in desperate need of equipment go in search of it and that's what they find. The question lies in whether it really is abandoned.

Oh, and they put the movie montage at the beginning in the proper order :D.
    • Like x 1
  10. Neph Dedicated Player

Agreed, I just like to speculate.

I'm not excited for this movie, but I am less excited for Matrix 4
    I have less faith in Sony to give us a good Spider-man 3
    I have less faith that WB knows how to orchestrate a shared DC Universe (even though Warner Pictures is killing it with the cartoon movies)
    I have less faith in Marvel's phase 4 or 5 without their flagship characters to help it along

If that gives you a better sense of where my excitement lies for JJ
  11. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Yeah Dark Rey is definitely awesome and all but don't let that distract you from the fact the C3P0 has finally turned to the dark side after so many years of being ridiculed by R2D2 and the OT gang
  12. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Plus, Rey's new lightsaber is pretty similar an infamous TCW baddie. (By the way, the Umbara arc in TCW is my absolute favorite story arc in the whole series)

[IMG]
  13. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

With everybody calling Dark Rey's saber a swiss army saber, this was inevitable and it made me laugh.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

New official photo from the Mandalorian series.

[IMG]

It says he's fighting Trandoshans. But they don't look like the traditional Trandoshans. Maybe Trandoshans got a live-action revamp?

[IMG]

Also, I would love to see a cameo or more from Bossk in the series.
    • Like x 1
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Getting away from movies and shows briefly, a classic game's gonna go portable this month. They just announced Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast coming for Nintendo's system later this month. :D
  16. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Isn't Jedi Academy going portable too? I love those games so much.
  17. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Native Americans have arrived in Star Wars? This looks like a Space Western and I love it.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  18. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

If you look up Trandoshans you will see it all depends on who's drawing them as to how they look. There is a baseline with Bossk that most artists have expanded on.

Is it just me or do these pictures look more like toy play sets rather than real people on a set (especially this first one)?

SW was always designed to be a Space Western with some samurai culture mixed in. The prequels moved away from that, the sequels have a hint of going back to it but with the Madalorian we're fully back to it.
    • Like x 1
  19. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Not that I saw. Nintendo's broadcast only announced Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, no word of Academy in their latest Direct.

Doesn't mean it WON'T happen. I wouldn't be surprised if any further re-releases would depend on the reception of Jedi Outcast.
    • Like x 1
  20. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Yeah the pictures do look like toys honestly. But these official pics are shot in super high definition cameras so I think that's why they look kind of fake.