Star Wars, The Thread

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Ankh_Legacy, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Bossk and ^. This right here is how you do Jedi Council. Keep Fernandez on the show
  2. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

I agree. I used to be subbed to them but little by little I noticed a change and when THE LAST JEDI backlash occurred they went full on damage control defending the Disney Star Wars films saying its our (the fans) fault we didn't like the movie because our theories didn't come true. And that nobody told us (fans) to theorize about the movies. Yet their Jedi Council show is all about Star Wars news, speculation, and theories :rolleyes:. And to top it off, there was a bit of a meltdown during one of their live shows which confirmed my suspicion

Now if I want proper Star Wars coverage on Youtube I check out Star Wars Explained or Star Wars Theory
    • Like x 1
  3. FoolsFire Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  5. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  6. Neph Dedicated Player

Down with most of the Youtube Starwars shills! Mark Reilly is the worst out of their bunch...

StarWars Theory is a nice guy, Disney did him wrong with his fan film, then they made it up to him completely so now there is a bit of a bias, don’t bite the hand that fed you!

StarWars Explained is knowledgeable, but he is more of a Disney embracer. It’s hard to listen to him.

Urban Acolyte is just full of himself, he like StarWars Explained is very keen on Disney’s approach to the franchise.

I throw Hello Greedo in with that bunch as well!

People who I believe are the Chicken Littles and Henny Penny’s of the SW community are Geeks&Ganers, Nerderotic, That’s SW Girl, Mecharandom43, and Doomcock, oh and also the Worldclass BSers. They make good points but thrive on the negative.

3 Buck Theater, Thor Skywalker, and the Amazing Lucas all have a level headed take on what Disney has done with SW.
    • Like x 1
  7. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

SW Theory is a tool. He masquerades as a nice guy but that whole Disney debacle made him look bad. He really milked that whole situation when he obviously didn't read the copyright rules.
  8. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

From what I took from the situation was that he reached out to Lucasfilm whom gave him their blessing, stipulating that his fan film be crowdfunded and the video un-monetized which he did but then Warner Chappell, a Disney partner company, hit him with a copyright right claim due to the use of the Imperial march score. He could have appealed it but didn't it and yes, their was a backlash by fans which subsequently Lucasfilm immediately stepped in and had the claim lifted. In the end, this whole debacle has probably less to do with Lucasfilm being dedicated to their fans, but more about trying to quell any more negative PR.
  9. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

New posters for the Skywalker saga on Disney+ after the steaming service debuted a preview in the Netherlands. Last one is of course for TROS.

[IMG]

LOADS of SW content.
    [IMG]
  10. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Couple of funny things about that. First, all that new merchandise is street dated (can't go out to store shelves until October 4) and the manufacturers are making sure retailers KNOW it. Bold, can't-miss-it labels on all of the boxes telling people not to stock it until that date, even the Lego stuff and clothing items. They even use bright orange "do not stock until" packing tape on some boxes as well. :D

Second? That also happens to be the street date for Frozen 2 merchandise, and it also has those can't-miss-it labels. So between the two there's gonna be a healthy amount of merchandise that retailers have to sit on for about a week or so yet. LOL
  12. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

So... We have a problem.

Bob Iger, CEO of Disney, recently released a memoir. In the memoir, he says the George Lucas was not happy with the sequel trilogy plans. When Lucas agreed to sell SW, he also agreed that 1). He would be available for consultation on any film, and 2), that Lucas' outlines for the sequel trilogy would be considered, but will not necessarily be used. And Lucas' outlines weren't used, and Lucas apparently got upset. Lucas also didn't like TFA, and criticized it. But as part of his agreement, he was asked to consult with JJ Abrams on TROS (which he did).

Keep in mind, that Lucas' ideas for the sequel trilogy were somewhat similar. Luke Skywalker was going to be portrayed as how he was in TLJ (a big complaint of TLJ haters). Lucas' ideas also revolved around a Force-sensitive girl named Kira, who was just renamed to be Rey by Disney. In other words, Lucas' sequel trilogy would have been more or less similar to what we have now, but possible with a different story of sorts.

Iger should have not put this in his memoir. I understand it's a memoir, but this just adds fuel to an already blazing fire that is the SW fandom. Disney haters (many of whom crapped on Lucas during the releases of the prequels, which prompted him to sell SW) just found more ammo.

Iger also said in the memoir that they released too many SW films too quickly. This, I agree with. Rogue 1 and Solo were great, but we didn't need them between the sequel trilogy films. This way, Disney could've focused on the marketing for Solo a lot more, which would've helped it's poor box office tremendously (And they should've released Solo in December, not right after Infinity War).

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...ucas-felt-betrayed-by-star-wars-plans-1242953
  13. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

[IMG]

:p LOL...In all seriousness, Disney bought Star Wars and the script ideas George Lucas made but was in no way contractually obligated to use them. However, no one bothered to tell him that they opted to go a different route until it was thrown in his face. And yes, his plans may have not been good as it involved the Midichlorians, and Lucas himself said that fans may hate it but certainly it couldn't have been worse than TLJ. And as for the prequels, yes, there are some good and bad things in them, however, Lucas focused so much on new filming technology and was surrounded with YES men that it hurt the story. There are always people who aren't afraid to challenge scripts and ideas which is the reason why they often go through several revisions.
    • Like x 1
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I'd worry more about the potential ire of the haters (whether they be Disney haters or Lucas haters) if they didn't seem to be triggered so easily. Sometimes it seems like all you need to do is look cross-eyed at them and BOOM! They're off on a rant! :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  15. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Kevin Feige is developing a Star Wars film.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...ige-developing-star-wars-movie-disney-1243481

So far, it's just a movie, but it might become more than one.

This is good, I think. SW needs a visionary like Feige. But I'm not entirely sure if this means that Feige's SW movies(s) will have a MCU format and style. But I'm excited.

This is all coming on top of Dave Benioff and DB Weiss' trilogy, as well as Rian Johnson's trilogy. So Disney is planning ahead a lot.
  16. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

I don't think you should put too much on D and D's or Rian Johnson's trilogy which is still up in the air. All D and D are doing are writing scripts but after the Game of Thrones season finale :rolleyes: I would have someone else revise those scripts. As for Ruin Johnson :rolleyes: he stated that he doesn't know what are Disney's plan and has been reportedly shelved.
  17. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Going away from movies...Jedi Fallen Order releases November 15.

Super pumped for this. Feels like the Force Unleashed games.

And yes, it's EA. But give them a chance. They completely turned around their Battlefront 2 game so I have hope for this one.
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

So I watched the Triple Force Friday preview. Basically about 45 minutes of them shilling Star Wars product from Lego, Hasbro, Funko and EA (the video game) but it was actually kinda fun to watch.

Two things stood out. First, watching all the new actors to the various Star Wars projects reacting to seeing their characters in toy form for the first time was almost pure joy. A lot of them were impressed with how well their characters ended up looking or gushing about how cute their characters (usually the Funko or Lego versions) looked. Even John Boyega was going on and on, particularly because they got Fynn's hair right on all the various versions of his toys. :D

The other bit was a little side comment you can hear from Anthony Daniels. In a couple sequences they show off the Millennium Falcon Lego set, and in both sequences they look at one of the mini-figures and essentially say, "Yeah, we're not talking about him yet." The host makes a comment about getting more info, and you can hear Daniels say something like, "It's fun to have this kind of power." LOL
    • Like x 1
  19. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Coming from Triple Force Friday, Disney is starting to really heat up the TROS promos
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  20. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Love these posters (all of them are official)

[IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]