Star Wars, The Thread

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Ankh_Legacy, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

A little behind, so I'll go in reverse.

This was a bit boring and the sound has issues but there was still some fun stuff to see.

Campea's rundown on the Feige news

At 9:53 had me LMAO, here's the clip of it on it's own.

Erin's great.
    • Like x 1
  2. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Official look at the Knights of Ren. They look pretty cool. But I feel like they're going to be like Thanos' Black Order.

[IMG]
  3. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Oh the heartache of knowing what they are about to find and how it will effect them.

4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Just as an odd collector note, I can't believe I found myself geeking over an announcement made at the NYCC about a Black Series figure coming.

Wedge Antilles is finally getting the Black Series treatment. :D

[IMG]

Just can't help myself, I always loved that he was the one side character from the OT that survived all three films. :D
  5. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Wedge Antilles is also set to appear in TROS, with Denis Lawson set to reprise the role. He was also a mentor to Poe Dameron. Can't wait to see him again!
  6. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

We're all in this together.

[IMG]
  7. FoolsFire Devoted Player

8. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

• Like x 2
  9. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

NEW POSTER: Classic -style

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

That's literally the greatest trailer I have seen in my life. Sent chills up my spine.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I've watched it about four times now. LOL The first two were a bit frustrating due to some pixilation of the video in parts and a pause due to loading (weak wi-fi signals on a tablet, I guess LOL). Number three was to see it without the problems and number four was just to watch it all over again. :D
    • Like x 1
  12. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

New trailer

The budget on this is insane. Can't wait. 2019 is a good year for Star Wars.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  13. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Awesome show **
  14. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

BENIOFF AND WEISS EXIT SW TRILOGY

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...ame-thrones-duo-quits-planned-trilogy-1250666

Game of Thrones showrunners Dave Benioff and DB Weiss have quit their proposed Star Wars trilogy due out in 2022. Apparently, they had a deal with Netflix to produce stuff and they just didn't have time to juggle both Netflix and Star Wars.

In other words, they rushed Season 8 of GOT for nothing...

I was still interested in what they had to bring to SW though (rumor has it it was Old Republic stuff), so I am a bit sad about that. But this is a good thing considering that D&D's popularity has reached rock bottom and we need more positivity in the fandom. Their trilogy was supposed to take off in 2022. I'm not sure if Disney will hire someone else to write the 2022 trilogy or just delay that, and start off with Rian Johnson's proposed trilogy. Or maybe they might start off with that Kevin Feige movie?

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  15. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Ugh, you win this time Sir. :mad::p:D

That is a falsehood a lot of people keep pushing, the two things were completely separate. They had planned out all the details of the final season (such of the amount of episodes) years before Benioff and Wiess were in talks with LucasFilm.

Here's Campea's view on this.
    • Like x 1
  16. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

I was waiting for you to post it. News came out the night before :p

On your other note, that's interesting. I heard HBO gave D&D 10 episodes for season 8 but D&D wanted to do it in 6 episodes. I assumed it was for Star Wars but it was just their arrogance I guess. :D
  17. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

All I can say is....
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Yeah, with the reception the last season of GoT got from a lot of folks, I'd imagine there's more than a few SW fans breathing a sigh of relief.
    • Like x 1
  19. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Just watched the first episode of the Mandalorian. And it was AMAZING.

NO SPOILERS:

The pacing is a bit slower than your average SW film, but that's because the show is a full on Western. That, and also because this is just the first episode of the series. The cast did a great job, and visual effects were fantastic. The show also dipped into Mandalorian lore and culture, and I imagine we'll be seeing more of that throughout the series. Also, the score by Ludwig Goransson (he also scored Black Panther, Venom, and will score Christopher's Nolan upcoming film, Tenet) was amazing. I sat through the credits just to listen to the beautiful score.

Overall, this is some of the best SW content I've ever seen. I don't even think you have to be a SW fan to enjoy it. If you like Westerns, you'll love this. Great job to Jon Favreau.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Should have ended that with, "I have spoken." :D

It was nice to see them exploring some of the Mandalorian culture and concepts that were used in Karen Traviss' Star Wars works (Republic Commando books, mainly). I always thought that stuff was pretty interesting and was more than a little disappointed that they didn't use more of it in the Clone Wars series.
    • Like x 1