Star Wars, The Thread

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Ankh_Legacy, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Hey folks, thought I would make a general Star Wars thread for news, discussions and whatever else Star Wars related.

The magic of sound.

Do you remember when this was you?

I do, saw it at the Century 22 and I can still remember walking out questioning what I had seen. Sadly that theater as well as it's neighboring sibling theaters the 21 and 23 are gone now, more history lost :(.
  2. stärnbock Devoted Player

star wars is dead for me. disney pretty much killed it.
    i am neither going to see episode IX nor the spin offs.
  3. stärnbock Devoted Player

this szene pretty much sums it up for me. how could they?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Wow, this early on in the thread and I'm already feeling the need to hold back my rants about Star Wars fans? :eek:

Funky.
    • Like x 2
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Nobody hates star wars more then star wars fans
    • Like x 2
  6. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

whats star wars?
  7. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Rebels has 2 more episodes until it's kaput :(
  8. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

saved ahsoka from the trippy astral plane.
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

How is that any worse than Terran milk collecting? o_O
    • Like x 1
  10. stärnbock Devoted Player

it is equally gross if you think about it. the vegan message was slapped into the audience faces three times at least. that was the first one, then there was chewbacca eating a porg and feel sorry for it (even though it was allready killed, skinned and barbecued offscreen. what a waste to not even eat it in the end), and lastly the freeing of the fathiers on canto bithe (the misstreated race aliens with the sad faces). as a vegan myself, i think it was way to much. especially because the last jedi felt more like a propaganda movie than anything else. WTF. also luke skywalker was portrayed in the worst way possible...
  11. stärnbock Devoted Player

what makes me angry is the fact that the ppl responsible for the mess came through with it: this social justice propaganda had all the critics blindfolded or brainwashed somehow, the score they gave was way to high and ppl went to see it enough times for it to be a succes$. the producer and director pushed theyr political agendas through, they allready got what they wanted. they don't care at all!
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

How the Hael is drinking milk 'vegan'? Vegan's don't want to use any part of an animal, and that includes the milk
    What damn propaganda? Sounds more like you didn't like it (for whatever reason) and are angry that it became successful in spite of your spite
    • Like x 3
  13. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

14. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

I want to see him watch Blazing Saddles.
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Oh yes, that will be good, will get the popcorn ready :D
    • Like x 1
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I remember either seeing or reading an interview with Mel Brooks where he said the advice he got with his films was, "If you're going to go up to the bell, ring it," and Blazing Saddles is a prime example of him doing exactly that.
    • Like x 1
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Anyhow, to follow up this statement...

...with the next post being about the perceived "social justice" complaints about the film might not be the best combination.

As for Luke's portrayal in Last Jedi, for some food for thought I'd recommend a couple videos and an article from IGN.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/02/23/opinion-in-defense-of-luke-skywalker

I'd link the videos from YouTube but the maker of the videos can get a little salty with his language, so look up moviebob on YouTube and find his videos titled "LET'S TALK ABOUT LUKE SKYWALKER" and the follow-up "WHY THE LAST JEDI IS A LOVE LETTER TO STAR WARS FANS." The videos and article cover a lot of the same ground, but they do offer some thoughts about why Luke was portrayed in that manner in Last Jedi.
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Fairly sure he did more than just ring the bell, and he used a bell the size of Big Ben and Liberty, combined, so big Quasimodo was hired :p
    • Like x 3
  19. stärnbock Devoted Player

except for the visuals, the movie was bad. because of plot holes, uninteresting characters, no developement and no meaning.
    seriously, the only messages i can find: nothing matters, war happens, animal cruelty is bad and training is a waste of time...
  20. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Ep7 was “kind of ok, I guess”, rogue one was “wake me when it’s over”, haven’t seen ep8, don’t care, won’t bother with anything else they come up with. Disney killed Star Wars, and Han shot first.