Space and Time - The Quantum Guide Part II

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Absolix, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Poison2007 New Player

Hi! gonna roll a quantum tomorrow (with skimming movement if it lets me), should I bother with any of the skimming abilities other than the higher speed one? Would like to go with a hybrid sort of role (as regards weapon or power dps - I'll be DPS role anyway until I feel comfy trying to branch into controller). But if Quantum is heavily power reliant should I just go for Hand Blasters for regen and nothing else?

As for loadouts, sorry for the potentially dumb question - what is the current ideal base loadout for a DPS? Is it on a certain page? Is the OP still on track or is there new info? Did the stats update remove the power ranks for powers? I see they're still here for movement (or is that new?) and abilities for weapons and stuff, but can't seem to put them into powers anymore. Is that intended?

I deal best having some sort of healing or shield on my loadout as well if Quantum has any, but no problem if not, I'll get it to work somehow. Seems this game doesnt really have cookie cutter builds like WoW but has something you can build from, which is cool.
  2. Mazahs Loyal Player

3. Poison2007 New Player

Thank you very much Mazahs, I'll bear that all in mind :) Got a few more questions if you're okay with it.

Happy to hear about the movement abilities. They don't interest me a lot and I didn't want to dump skill points I would need for other stuff. Should I go with two weapon masteries or just stick with one? (It's been a long while, and I don't hear of people not using the second, but on levelling I haven't seen much of a use for changing over just yet.)

So far, it seems like Hand Blasters is the most reliable choice (at least from what ive heard), but I realise the big thing with DCUO is, well, choice. But at the same time it's trying to make a choice that'll synergize well :p. Considering Martial Arts & Hand Blasters like I have on my fire character because it's been super for me in general, but most likely going with Dual Pistols and one of the corresponding weapon masteries (out of the choices at the bottom, I just forget which is which). Mostly because it looks cool with my planned character tbf.

What did you go for personally?

Think I'll definitely grab Quantum Tunnel somewhere then - sounds perfect for my playstyle & the extra movement doesn't hurt. Will have to see how I do though! Nice to hear standard shields carry over like with fire etc if it works like that - those have been super useful to me re: emergency survivability and such.
  4. Mazahs Loyal Player

For my DPS I go strictly PFFT and don't use weapons. For the Wm masteries I see people using DW for range and MA for melee the most. Although I can't remeber which ones (too early!)

On my troll I do use HB, but still play from the tray (superpower focus) I use solar flame and clip for my power dump. In most groups where power is not an issue I will run a seperate armory w/ tbomb rotation with (3) debuffs and (2) artifacts, but that's a bit more advanced and wouldn't run it unless you have a lot of skill points and actually know how to troll.
    • Like x 1
  5. Carilee Active Player

I switched from muni to quantum yesterday and for dps I am using from left to right - anomaly, time bomb, singularity, gravity bomb, distortion wave. this seems to be effective and will continue to test but the timing on it seems good and the damage is also
  6. L T Devoted Player

Anomaly is an ability that helps you build supercharge faster. Since you don't have a supercharge ability in your load out, you probably want to use something else.
  7. Mazahs Loyal Player

^^^
    Also you are using 2 PI's so are losing the benefit. Anomaly and D-Wave use destabilized PI while Singularity is Graviton PI
  8. CCPONCHO Well-Known Player

I love Quantum dps and trolling. I agree that it's not a "OP" dps power, but it's very reliable in regular and elite content. The load-out I use is Singularity, Lift, A-Wave, Gravity Bomb, Distortion Wave, and 50% SC. I can't get the hang of using Time Bomb so I just stopped using it lol. The cool down throws me off or the tank is pulling the adds away so I'm missing out on damage. I haven't dpsed on elite content because I'm mainly a troll on my quantum toon, but I've seen Quantum do great dmg in elite content because the adds don't die as fast.
  9. AD Leo Well-Known Player

OP is an over used subjective term. Quantum can hang with the big boys. The issue is either one or two things....relying soley on parse number and/or locked in perspective. That pretty much goes for any powerset. Not saying some need more tweaking than others but from my experience sometimes the people complaining about a power just aren't good players.
    • Like x 1
  10. Trinidad James Loyal Player

If Time Bomb doesn't hit any targets when it explodes, the bonus damage will be deployed on the next attack you make within a second or two. This works with a weapon or power attack.

This is my loadout I use and all my mods.

[Lift, Gravity Bomb, Alcubierre Wave, Singularity(Pi), Time Bomb, Temporal Vortex]

The rotation for this would be: Singularity(Pi) -> Time Bomb -> Lift -> Gravity Bomb -> Alcubierre Wave.

Rotation for using Temporal Vortex would be: Singularity(Pi) -> Time Bomb -> Temporal Vortex -> Lift -> Gravity Bomb -> Alcubierre Wave.

Edit: Spec type - Power From The Tray

Augments : Might
    Head Mod: "Supercharged Temporal Vortex".
    Neck Mod: "Escalating Might V".
    Chest Mod: "Core Strength".
    Hand Mod: "Max Damage".
    Back Mod: "Accelerated Alcubierre Wave".
    Artifacts: "Scrap of the Soul Cloak", "Tetrahedron of Urgrund", "Solar Amplifier ", "Bottled City Soder".
    Skill Point Spec: All of "Might & Power" and rest into "Health".
    Weapon of choice: No weapon needed.
    • Like x 1
  11. AD Leo Well-Known Player

I used a similar rotation with the exception of instead of A-wave I use Heat Vision. I'm also working on the new pet artifact to replace Tet.
  12. AD Leo Well-Known Player

I found Penetrating Strikes works better than Core Strength at least for now at 265.
  13. CCPONCHO Well-Known Player

Interesting. Care to share what's the reason for having a rotation for sc? I normally just hit it when I see the adds spawn and I'm next to group members for the extra damage. Also wouldn't it be more beneficial to have the supercharge mod in the chest for more regeneration?

I recently just removed the 50% for oblivion because in this DLC people aren't grouped up as much since you have to move more because of the mechanics. I'm seeing better results as of late.
  14. Trinidad James Loyal Player

To boost and max out Time Bomb damage. Time Bomb is capped at your level of might tho, more might the higher the cap.
    Never tried the supercharge mod to see if you will do more damage because Lift, Gravity Bomb and Alcubierre Wave hits so hard; so maybe?

Oblivion is OP so I can see that happening, but takes more time to get a full charge; so I would only use it when adds spawn during a boss fight with this loadout.
  15. AD Leo Well-Known Player

You'll hit the cap on TB before you pop your SC. With Quantum you'll want to use your sodas(more so in endgame content). Oblivion is to me the only one worth using even with it's longer build up imo.
  16. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

100 point PI finishers....gotta love that....every power has a hook....fire has the infinite fireball power for example...be 20 cr more and hose everything with infinite fireballs...really...no tube loadouts needed...Qs hook no question...100 point PI finishers...set enemies up stopped in place and dedicate whole bars to breaking them apart...you could do far worse for your team or yourself power choice wise than Q
  17. AD Leo Well-Known Player

Geez, 8 months without a comment. Well given the new buffs to some old Arts and the new I'm trying to rethink my approach to Quantum. The Grim seemed like a Godsend but now with Transformation Card I'm thinking maybe using the Solar/Trans/Grim and at least for DPS removing the Scrap since Quantum's damage isn't really centered around a SC like Rage or Electric. Thoughts?
  18. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I've been trying to play around with some artifacts on the test server and I am not sure what is best. I use RSK on my Quantum loadouts for both single and multi-target. Putting in the Grim means, to me, that a signifcant portion of my damage is coming from pets, not from my powers. Trans/Strat seemed to be doing well on the 3 dummies but I'm not sure how well that combo works for my single target. I would love to incorporate Philosopher's stone in my playstyle but I'm not sure if it makes that big of a difference or is not worth the investment. DKS seemed to cause a significant might drop and I feel if my might drops by 2000, it makes a big difference in my damage. As it stands right now, I plan on keeping my SSC for when I need to troll so I need to work that in because I don't want 6 or more artifacts.
  19. Philthie New Player

Is it just me or is the 2015 original post guide at the start of this thread completely out dated?

Would it not be considerably more sensible to create a new thread to discuss Quantum than keep necroing this thread if its not had a comment for 8 months?
  20. Mazahs Loyal Player

Not really- while the original guide is outdated from Absolix you'll still get ore info here than anywhere else about the power.
    Really not much has changed except now you can have the Grimorum artifact lay down PI.

Starting something new instead of building on it would lose more than gained. Same with just about every main power thread
    • Like x 1