Space and Time - The Quantum Guide Part II

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Absolix, Mar 14, 2015.

1. light FX Steadfast Player

Honestly i dont use anomaly in any loadout. Because imo the dmg is too low and ive used oblivion and had it completely miss before. Just flat out missed the boss. They should of made singularity the sc generator imo. Its the defense debuff for trolls and it applies the graviton PI. Or with powers that have multiple PIs they should of had 2 sc generators that apply each PI so people can choose. What do u think?

Also i said destabilized would be the way to go but maybe not. The graviton abilities might hit harder but applying the PI nets less dmg because time shift does so much. I find when using the two 100 cost that inspiral hits harder almost every time vs tachy blast. Inpsiral crits more too. But im using the in game parser and idk how much i trust it atm.
  2. Black Jaq Devoted Player

In the greater scheme of things, having the SCG in the gravity abilities probably would have worked better.
  3. ConveyDcuo Well-Known Player

I mean well biggun needs to be a 50% super imo
  4. L T Devoted Player

Tachyon blast does less damage than inspiral but it's faster so the overall DPS is similar-- though you'll burn through power faster with tachyon.

Across all powers single target abilities are much stronger than multi target ones. It's just the way things are now.
    • Like x 1
  5. Gimpy Loyal Player

Please post in the correct thread.

This is only about Quantum and has nothing to do with other power-sets.
    • Like x 1
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

So got a few screen shots here. 1st are me as nature simply putting my Dots out and doing flip slash>vor plants x2 then flip slash harvest over and over. Im not even using wolf form or roar and look at the dmg per second. Below i will have some quantum pics. This is to compare nature vs quantum. 1st pic is the 3 30 sec parses i did and 2nd pic my stats. Check the prec/might stats.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Now the next pics are me doing multiple loadouts with quantum using the same 1h flip slash. All graviton based. U can see the parse #s and the loadouts. The rotations are pretty easy to figure out. For example grav well>warped reality>flip slash>Awave>flip slash>gravity bomb>flip slash inspiral waves. But i used multiple rotations with quantum and the graviton PI. Some even used time bomb. Last pic has my stats.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

People need to stop saying the power sets are balanced. They arent. I wasnt even in wolf form or using roar as nature. If i was i could easily come close to doubling the parse #s of quantum if not more then doubling them. U can see i was using a prec buff as quantum but not with nature. That buff was giving almost 2k precision which brought me to a shade under 8k precision. I have about 1500 less might on the nature toon. And the quantum toon has much better gear as the pics show. Quantum toon has all SF mods while the nature toon has all VII exp mods.

I see very few people posting any #s. All i see is claims by people with no proof of anything. Using the same weapon doing similar rotations here. 1 toon has better gear/stats/mods/sp. But does less damage with every loadout/rotation i try. If im doing something wrong please feel free to criticize but be constructive. No rudeness. I am doing this to show some of the power sets are not on par with each other. If anyone disagrees please tell me why.
    • Like x 3
  7. Gimpy Loyal Player

"Everything is fine" is something only the fanboys/noobs believe.
  8. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

Seems to me they ballance a specific role set power instead of across the board..it appears that is where the balance is.
  9. Omega1100 New Player

Quick question about time bomb, is the damage from time bomb determined by the damage you do from superpowers only or does it include weapon attacks as well?
  10. Dene Devoted Player

I was trying to convey this is another thread, in a shorter version, but it was misunderstood

Nearly All power-sets have similar moves & can actually have almost identical loadouts - there should have been testing done with those generic loadouts, like what you did above, ages ago

Now, excuse the power cost numbers, i do not remember them but it will give you an idea.

Tests should have been done like this - no power names needed as all powers have something that works:

Apply Aoe PI > 300 Cost Burst Power x 1 > 200 Cost Power > 2x 100 Cost Burst Power

with variations on AOE/dot vs Burst Vs Multi Target in the testing loadouts but everytime you replace a power then other powerset gets same e.g.

Apply Single PI > 300 Cost AOE Power x 1 > 200 Cost Power > 2x 100 Cost Burst Power

etc etc

The above should have been done with all powers as a standard, then unique variations for each power factored in and adjusted, accordingly.

The issue is when (Water being an example) - is certain power specific mechanics throw things off etc - which is great for variation but can throw balance off totally

The fail of Quantum is that it has no unique move.. except quantum tunnelling - which is seen as a better grandeur/distract - but then those powers have moves we will never see and are damage centric or made to do double duty depending on the role you are in. QT has nothing little/nothing to do with dmg so we lose out on any uniqueness, ino.
    • Like x 1
  11. light FX Steadfast Player

Agreed. The only unique move it has is TB. And it simply doesnt hit hard enough because of the dmg cap it has.
  12. light FX Steadfast Player

Pretty sure weapon attacks too.
    • Like x 2
  13. Dene Devoted Player

woops forgot about TB - but like you said, can't use it at best because it is capped - yet other "unique" things like jackhammer etc are not
  14. L T Devoted Player

It's definitely all damage now. Weapons expert with time bomber should still be viable, though time bomb's damage is capped based on might
    • Like x 1
  15. Dene Devoted Player

This made me think.. what if i went full prec build and just did crazy weapon dmg.. could i circumvent that cap??

tbh: I doubt it but interesting thought lol
  16. Gimpy Loyal Player

I would like to know just what % is it.

Yes, a % of might,,, what %?
    Player 1 has 16.5K might,, ,player 2 has 15K might,,,, just what % is the cap?

60, 75, 35, lower than 20 or higher than 80, does it even stay a constant % or does it fluctuate?

AT this point I don't even think water will keep me around till October.
  17. light FX Steadfast Player

I agree but the problem is we have been told damage done on adds is meaningless. Ive tried the 2 PI thing too. Ive gotten mixed results. 1 day it seemed like yea i may have found something decent here. Next day nope kinda crappy lol. I will keep saying it, quantum is inconsistent.

Ive found even using TB while using 2 300 cost abilities as much as possible before it explodes, with a 200 thrown in there too, is decent but the power consumption is crazy high. And even doing this TB will only hit so hard because of the dmg cap.
  18. Surtur Well-Known Player

Yes, Timebomb caps based on might while using might & precision attacks.

A good test and example proving TB cap is too low would be posting the Time Bomb cap numbers showing how they scale with might. :)
  19. light FX Steadfast Player

Apparently we now have to test in content. What content idk. What the group setup we are supposed to have idk. And it was stated many times over during revamp testing that dps potential was tested through parsing at those dummies. But now its go in content and thats all we get told. Extremely vague.

Why is it so hard for them to give us testing parameters? This should be very easy to do. Yet a month in and nothing. Its now reached the point of being ridiculous. Because i feel there is no way for us players to show any imbalances because the goal posts keep being moved and we arent given the correct parameters to test.

In content there are so many uncontrolled variables that its almost impossible to compare power sets. Thats why we have the dummies and the ingame parser. What else are those there for if not to test?

TB being capped on dmg based on your might but also figures in precision dmg makes no sense whatsoever. This is just getting silly at this point.
    • Like x 1
  20. Surtur Well-Known Player

I will add that part of the problem that happened with Quantum was a lot of the feedback on quantum was disregarded and or just ignored because others making comments on the power had no clue how the power worked before AM's and during AM's. The feedback that was applied to quantum was purely hybrid only play style. None of the powers flow together at all. Saying Quantum is clunky & slow would be an understatement.

Example of what happen to quantum: This is just with one power mind you

Timebomb was changed from a 4 second cool down to 6 seconds.
    A friend of mine argued that changing this would would upset many of the existing quantum players because it took the flow right out of any rotation that existing AM players knew.
    After much debating Timebomb was changed back to four seconds and then out of the woodwork popped people that have never made testing feedback comments before. ( they were obviously player alts that were made to help sway the devs into how they wanted the revamp to go ) All these people were concerned about was making hybrid playstyle the only playstyle. Screw the rest of the player base. These knuckle heads used one excuse that the 6 second TB would yield more damage (DPS) and that' s all they used. :confused: 4 seconds or 6 seconds... the DPS would be the same over a period of time. All they saw was the bigger number because the 2 second delay... LOL I cannot believe how some people function in the real world. My friend even tossed out the idea for 5 seconds for Timebomb because it would not hinder the flow for existing people that liked the current Quantum power while still giving hybrid people the same compromise. but NOPE.................... it was all about hybrid and screw everyone else and the players with alts won out.

Sprinkle in a few that obviously never played quantum before, couldn't see what was happening with alt's trying to manipulate things, the alt's starting arguments & tossing insults without fear of repercussion.

Then.......... one of the few trying to keep quantum from being screwed up was removed from giving feedback for going back & forth with these alts. These same alts that were tossing insults so many times without repercussion then vanished back into the woodwork and.

walla you have the Quantum that you have now.

I will add that this player that was removed from feedback warned everyone & Devs included that changing too many things within existing powers would make the player base that started and or liked the game since GU 47 very upset. What do you know?????

Would an I TOLD YOU SO be better now or later? because I know it's gonna sting either way.