Space and Time - The Quantum Guide Part II

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Absolix, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Rejoicer1 Well-Known Player

I love quantum and it is especially handy if you want a teleporting weapon master character as the buffs from POT, weapon buff and def debuff in troll mode can add up to quite a lot.
  2. SparkmanX Committed Player

we need a true leader in the quantum community that has a voice in front of devs, as electricity and gadgets already have. Otherwise, we will continue to be a low tier in dps.

This guide is really dead
  3. Dene Devoted Player

Agreed :(

Trying to get a decent rotation/loadout is painful imo - everything i try seems "ok" but not good. Even youtube is quiet when it comes to Quantum
  4. Mazahs Loyal Player

What are you running?
    Quantum is a solid mid tier power...Its not going to best Gadgets, Muni, Earth and Rage melee or Electricity in most areas but after that it will hold its own.

What I've found is TBomb - Tshift - WBarrage - Tblast x2 is my hardest hitting rotation
    If adds are low health I forgo TBomb and go right into Tshift.

The longer an instance is I will usually switch Tshift for Anomaly (SC) generator to get more big hits from TVortex or in Elite remove SC and add Q tunnel for survivability.

Lastly I would say its in a "good place" right now.
    You can sit at fairly safe distance and do solid damage. It doesn't suffer from needing to be melee as other powers do, nor does it have problems in multi vs single target.
  5. xD25x Dedicated Player

Thats your problem. Never. Ever. Get a loadout from youtube
    • Like x 1
  6. SparkmanX Committed Player

It's true, the last quantum videos are disgusting. I mostly put dislike.

There are some players who really try to misinform the community.

Even youtubers that I once respected, have failed miserably with Quantum. I admit that I do not have a good loadout either, but at least I recognize a liar
  7. Black Jaq Devoted Player

It feels like this is missing something. Distortion Wave? I tried using that with DW and while it seemed to yield high pareses, it did not seem overly consistent. In contrast, using TBomb-Singularity-AWave-GBomb-IWaves seems to squeeze out a bit more damage, was also not consistent, but it also requires a closer range.

For adds, I still go with my favorite loadout which has lots of CC for duos and solos: TBomb-Sing-Lift-GBomb-IWaves. It does a pretty consistent parse.

I believe Quantum's strength lies in range single target damage. My loadout for single target is: Sing-TBomb-Heat Vision-Lift- ERay. If one doesn't like HV, it can be swapped out with Gravitonic Field; the rotation would be TBomb-Sing-Gravitonic-Lift-Eray. The parses are very similar and it may turn out one is better in actual game play but I haven't really studied it much. I have noticed that Gravitonic rotation gives you an extra split second until the next TBomb.
    • Like x 4
  8. Mazahs Loyal Player

DWave may, all I know is that that this vs any of the grav based rotations hits harder.
    I agree the rotation you gave is very inconsistent. Would like to use grav but doesn't seem to hold up in content
  9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

The last YouTube I watched on atomic was hilarious. He showed the scoreboard at the end. They had 1 223, and the rest were 207. So they ran IS with two possibly brand new other guys to show the damage was triple what the others put out.

I've yet to find a YouTuber that puts out the real optimal loadout, and how to use it beyond a dummy. People just don't learn. There is more to putting out great dps numbers than just pressing buttons or copying a loadout.
    • Like x 2
  10. Mazahs Loyal Player

I must have completely misread your post.
    Yes D Wave is in the rotation.
  11. Redd Blur Active Player

So I'm new to the whole weapons expert/hybrid and I was wondering if there's an update precision loadout/rotation? Something baseline so I can add my own flair to it. Thanks in advance
  12. Soul Dedicated Player

I mean I usually always trusted chill for that he just always doesn't make that many guides, he just did a quantum one

13. 6ix9ine Well-Known Player

id only use this loadout in elite level content where fights would be a little longer and you must stay at a safe distance.

The destabalized loadout i feel would be better for faster pace content like alerts or melee raids where things are dying quicker.
    • Like x 1
  14. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

one of the best uses for qs tele ...spot Fing on
  15. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

actually i just hopped on a q guy just to get a clue about it all...frankly q hits pretty hard...the loads are cluncky...nothing like muni in terms of fluidity...but the hitting is there...and I am hearing a lot about weapons lately...try the right weapons and just use your tele to get there first...ask Rejoicer1...I bet his load is simple set them up shoot them down ..play from tray very useful too..they get trapped and turn to dust..q works...spam pi finishers all DAY at 100...how CANT q work!!??
  16. POWER COSMIC Level 30

I have a quantum toon that is "not" a low hitting dps...there are some very e z basics that many in the current community don't know about as its not discussed ...often I am top of the board and that's without jumping ahead racing to get to adds (racing to be 1st to hit npc's doesn't equal your toon hitting harder)...any quantum users out there that wanna boost ya damage up a lot hit me up on basha yobrain villain side or NoranRadd on hero side
  17. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

no need for decoder rings I completely agree however..q hits..makes me wonder which powers these low dps guys think would be higher
  18. Sionn Committed Player

I just came back from another long break.

The old rotation works well still. I changed a power, and order in which I use them, and the dps on a 117CR went from 2200 with the old rotation to 3100 single target after I tweaked it. I wish the dovetail wasn't so long between powers. Trying to sneak in a ranged tap between powers lowers DPS. It's a waste of time.

I tried several loadouts claiming to be awesome without TB from youtube, but they're still worse than even the old rotation. I have no idea how that translates to max CR now, but getting instance buffed to 218 still has me killing mobs before time bomb even pops most of the time. That's about 5-ish seconds per group.
  19. Mazahs Loyal Player

Sure trash mobs skip TBomb.
    Anything besides these and you are losing a ton of damage.

The real beauty of Q is that it is most effective at mid range and does not require you to be point blank (being dead kinda lowers overall dps)

On top of that both PIs produce similar (ish) type results. Graviton wins out in longer fights Destabalized in shorter fights. Same can be said of our SCs.

Lastly like I mentioned before in really short fights like trash mobs, skip the TBomb and go PI followed by your next three and you'll still do solid damage.

All in all Q is in a really good place and allows multiple builds that are all fairly decent depending on the situation.
  20. Sionn Committed Player

I'll try gravitron tonight. Thanks.