Space and Time - The Quantum Guide Part II

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Absolix, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Absolix Loyal Player

Berserker won't activate often as usually being below 35% health will mean that you are about to die, but Weakening Field is fairly useless since adds in anything that requires 4 or more players won't be affected by your CC as a Dps since your Dominance will be too low, and anything else that can already be affected by CC as a Dps can still be affected just as much without it.
    • Like x 1
  2. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

Man no love for space?? The sorcery guide kicks *** because they lay out several different loadouts to use. I made a slew of characters recently and my speedster/dual wield/quantum DPS character was the most fun. Im pretty much done with my main powers, just have to pick up iconics now but so far I really love this loadout...

-Albicubierre Wave -> Lift -> Gravity Well -> weapon combo's
    AW I like because it hits multiple enemies and gives them Grav Charge PI(it also starts from behind you and can knock enemies that are behind you to your front which is great). This spreads out enemies but Lift will pull some of them back together which is what this combo is all about. You could follow AW with Singularity which also sucks enemies together but it blows up at the end scattering them which is not helpful. Once you have everything gathered up you drop gravity well to pin them in place and give them damage over time while your beating them to death with weapon combo's

I took Dual Wield and im not that much of a fan right now... its hard to judge numbers since I have never used a dps character before. Dual Wield has a 3 tap, 1 hold combo but it also has 7 and 9 tap combos that you will never pull off reliably...(i've been spoiled by hand blasters and its 2 tap combo that rips off a rapid hit beam attack, which mixed with crits is very nice)

But anyways as everything is grouped up your normal swings and some of your combos will be hitting the entire group of enemies. Its alot like being a fire tank/dps character, sucking everything in and beating them to death. I love it.

My 4th slot on my LT side is a beam attack which isnt anything special or useful. My RT uses a portion of the Time Tree...

-Tachyon Burst -> Time Shift? (whatever the upper left most power is)
    These are meaningless to me, I only use it if there are just two guys in front of me lol.

I will deinately be adding Warped Reality to my primary rotation somewhere in there, gotta see how long it lasts. Probably after Albi Wave. This will replace the dumb beam move.

What I am thinking of doing is taking an iconic power to heal my dude, both of which are SC's. Guessing at names but either Thunderstorm(50%) or Plant Blume(35%). I cant stand not being able to heal myself. I so do not want to run off soda's when im doing solo stuff. Do you guys have advice on which of those would be better???

I would put my Healing power on my RT side, and then throw in the crappy beam power since it does extra damage vs nearly dead people(but probably still sucks?). Once this happens I will probably respec and just get rid of all my time powers, except for that first point to get the extra 1% crit hits lol.

Even with Dual Wield kind of sucking I totally enjoy this load out as a newb DPS'er. Im kinda lost on what to spend SP on. Might, precision or HP? Precision is my focus since I want my normal weapon attacks to be strong for when im combo'ing groups of guys at the end of my loadout.

This probably blows for all levels of the game but I enjoy it. I am almost lv30 with this character and look forward to seeing it in action vs other people I duo/alert/raid with. I never plan to troll with this character. I just really loved seeing DPS characters with CC from troll powers.

Oooo or how about this...

-AW -> Lift -> grav well -> weapon combo -> singularity ( again I would probably cram Warped Reality in after AW once i get it and experiement with it) and then your only other loadout slot would goto the healing SC...
  3. Absolix Loyal Player

At the moment, the Space tree is extremely lacking in any viable form of Dps.

AW is currently WM crit excluded and has a limited range. Lift is single target and does not deal increased damage to enemies with a PI, it merely has an extra pull CC when used on a Graviton-Charged enemy. Gravity Well while not bad can not match the Dps of even a basic AM rotation.

Note that Gravity Well's stun will not stop Singularity's knockback, and that in alerts and raids you won't be stunning anything as a Dps anyways.

Tachyon Blast and Time Shift actually work with the Advanced Mechanic for Quantum, so they will easily contribute to your damage more.

The Iconic supercharges do very little for healing. Word of Power, aka Thunderstorm, does next to no healing even when a healers, and is mostly for restoring power. Pheromone Bloom is fairly weak, and will be even weaker with the low Restoration of Dps gear.

Event Horizon or Closed Loop would be better choices for survivability.

Even Weapon Mastery doesn't compete with the Advanced Mechanic, so even not using Weapon Mastery would be extremely poor.
    • Like x 1
  4. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

Yea thats why I dont use singularity early in the rotation cuz it blows stuff part apart but at the end of the combo it wouldnt matter. I wish gravity well was a huge 360 degree group pull. I even looked through iconics for a good group pull and nothing...

Word of Power and Blume suck? I think I saw closed loop can heal. Didnt read that on event horizon I will look again. Havent played since posting last night. Something is better than nothing lol.

If I can dish out twice or more damage as a healer/tank/troll I will be happy. It takes me all day to run content on my main so my poor quantum character only gets a few hours of love a day. But I hope I encourage atleast a few people to play for fun instead of only thinking of DPS and using the same loadout as every other quantum dps guy.
  5. Absolix Loyal Player

Any competent support role is going to out damage you and several battle support role players, like Celestial and Atomic will heavily outdo.
  6. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

You do realize that advanced mechanics both dumbed down DPS'ing and limited options. The majority of powers that work for the AM are in the time tree(hence all the love).

I wouldn't recommend asking for help and saying negative things about a well put together guide. Absolix is already providing people tips, numbers, and insight into what deals maximum DPS with Quantum.

It's okay if you want to use other powers. You pay your subscription. However your not going to be playing at maximum effectiveness. That's your choice. The game for PvE DPS purposes is built on dealing AM damage for max damage right now. You may want to go back through the first few pages of the guide and get the basics of the AM down a little better.

I mean that in the nicest way possible. I'm not wanting to antagonize you. I hope that you go through the first few pages and get the info you need to succeed.
    • Like x 1
  7. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

read every page and understand how it works just fine. My point is trying to be max DPS isnt the only way to play.
  8. Absolix Loyal Player

At the same time blatently ignoring the primary job of the role is beneficial to no one.

There are many aspects like understanding mechanics and picking up group members that don't have to do with maximizing Dps, but purposely choosing to Dps in a way that does less damage than support roles and also needlessly drains power only serves to create dead weight in a group.

There are ways to play other than maximizing Dps. I sometimes carry Quantum Tunneling or Event Horizon in my 6th slot instead of Warped Reality or Temporal Vortex, but notice that I don't ignore the core aspect of how Dpsing for Quantum works in order to carry and use those.
    • Like x 2
  9. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Absolix, need your help. I've done some Tunso tests on Quantum to investigate the whole it's "doing weak damage" by the community. I did your suggested rotation and netted around 33k and 34k averages for melee. A regular rotation of DW-WB-TB netted me 30k DPS and I was completely bewildered. I know Ice does a 33k melee average and that's intended due to how instant the damage is but I don't understand the case with Quantum on hitting the 35.k baseline. It's exactly like Atomic and Mental/Gadgets (w/o shortcut obviously) and it takes 4 seconds to do AM damage so I don't know any other reason why it would be lower. Have you looked into this as well?
  10. Absolix Loyal Player

I only have a Mac that, because of an update, makes trying to run Boot Camp on it impossible any more, so I haven't been able to get on test since a little after the time Mental first got it's AM. Without tests easy setup it isn't easy to get an accurate test, and I haven't had the time or really wanted to go through the effort of setting that up on the live server.

I know that the tests during the mid-range update included Warped Reality instead of Temporal Vortex since supercharges weren't being included, but I can't think of anything else that would affect it beyond just knowing when to switch out Distortion Wave.

There's a sneaking suspicion in the back of my head that some of the scaling issues that first came to light in Sore's testing thread haven't been fixed.

Before powers were balanced with 100 sp, no stat mods, and only Max Damage, the old "Tunso" test, so scaling a lot meant that adding stat mods would increase damage more quickly than with other powers, like Quantum, and that scling less would increase your damage more slowly than other power, like with Sorcery and Earth.

Now however the new "Tunso" test for powers are using 160 sp, full stat mods, and all relevant HT mods. So, powers that scale a lot lose more damage when they are not completely modded than other powers, and powers that scale less lose less damage than other powers.

Essentially the same problem likely exists only it has been flip flopped to make scaling more worse and scaling less better.

Here is the last record of how each power scaled. The only major difference is that now that Sticky Bomb splits after 2 instead of 3 and the WM crit has been excluded from Gadgets AM Gadgets likely scales more regularly as it caused Gadgets to scale more with the crits from the socket innates more than other powers.
  11. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Okay, how about I do the actual Tunso Tests for the following rotations at all ranges:

1) TB > DW > WB > TBlast (rinse repeat)

2) TB > DW > WB > TBlast
    TB > WB > TBlast > TShift
    WB > TB > TBlast > WB > TShift

3) TB > DW > WB > TBlast

I don't know which one is the best but we will find out. And then you can take my best parse data and with your information on that and send it to Tunso and Spord via PM and hopefully they can hotfix a buff to Quantum to address this.
  12. Absolix Loyal Player

Thanks for any time you happen to give this. It is appreciated.

For 3 you can clip the first TB with Warped Reality and it's cooldown will serve as a timer for when you need to switch Distortiona Wave Back in.

2 should, theoretically, be the best, but it should be very close to 3. It is also a lot easier to use Warped Reality with 3 as its cooldown matches the rotation's length, and 2's length is 1 second longer than the cooldown.
  13. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

I dont see how Event Horizon heals. It restores power it says. I am using closed loop and its "ok". Without SP dumped into resto stats it isnt even bringing me back to full HP, and the cooldown and SC charge is a pain I also thought it might be worth noting that if you take speed as your movement mode there is a skill in its tree called Metabolic something that heals but is a 50% sc move. But that lets you take a healing skill for SP instead of PP(letting u get an extra iconic innate or power..)

I will take the abuse for asking this after I said I knew how it worked but I dont know the answer to this part.... When your DPS and you apply a damage bonus % from using a power.....Does that effect weapon damage/combos also or just the damage from powers?
  14. Absolix Loyal Player

Event Horizon is used as a group shield. Essentially absorbing damage before it is taken instead of healing it, and there is amod that causes you to be healed when using any power with a shield.

Closed Loop heals more than the other supercharges you mentioned and provides damage mitigation for a few seconds on use.

Super speed's 50% supercharge is called Speed Drain. It doesn't heal you, and only does very minor damage over time and restores powers to yourself and group members.

Damage modifiers, the part of the power description that says, " Increases all damage by x% until the hit counter is reset (at least 5 seconds)" affects all damage both powers and weapons.
  15. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

There is another speed power that does heal...have to get on to look...
  16. Max Maximus Well-Known Player

Hi, Absolix. These tests did not see change in rotation of Quantum. These three options were already used. I prefer to use the Temporal Vortex instead of Warped Reality. But it seems Warped Reality will be a better option, is that right?
  17. Absolix Loyal Player

For testing, it is better to use Warped Reality since supercharges aren't used in testing.

In actual content Temporal Vortex can be very useful if you manage to stack it with things like supply drops and trinkets well. Having a group that communicates with supply drops well will aid in that. You can also switch it out Warped Reality when your supercharge is low or empty and then switch Temporal Vortex back in when you get close to full or full supercharge.
    • Like x 1
  18. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

How does the distance multiplier work ? Is based on how far you are away when you first launch Time Bomb, or how far away you are when it actually explodes ? Like can you set it off at Range, then do your Time moves, then lunge for full damage ?
  19. Absolix Loyal Player

It is when it explodes. This is so it works the same as Mental, Gadgets, and Atomic work. For them you can be at any range you want during the 123, but as long as you are withing a certain range when you get to the hard hit of 4 you get that range's damage.
    • Like x 1
  20. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Cool thank you ! I recently made and am leveling up a Quantum toon.