Space and Time - The Quantum Guide Part II

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Absolix, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Absolix Loyal Player

Those are all that I know of. The only one I think might also be 8 man CC effects are the pull and knockdown on Singularity and the pull on Lift, but I haven't tested those.

I know there's a few 4 man stuns, but I haven't heard of 6 man stuns. Do you have any examples of this from other powers?
  2. TheDark Devoted Player

Some powers do 4, 5, 6, and 8. Some vary depending on cone.
    Shrapnel Grenade Launcher can hit 6 targets. CryoFoam can root 5.

I need 6 man, maybe 5 or higher, CC non supercharge powers. Gravity Well and Singularity I heard hit alot. If they do stun then knockdown/push then stun in that order I'll take that too.
  3. TheDark Devoted Player

I also need all personal shields and their duration. I know Tunneling's.
  4. Absolix Loyal Player

I should be able to get to this today. I believe Gravity Well is a 4 man stun, but I'll double check to make sure.

Time Bubble's duration is 8 seconds and Closed Loop's is 3 seconds.
  5. Absolix Loyal Player

Did a testing sweep of the CC.

Singularity pulls and roots up to 8, but the knockback only hits up to 4.

Gravity Well is an 8 man stun.

Oblivion appears to knockback then stun as many as it can hit, which I would assume is 20.

Temporal Vortex apears to be the same as Oblivion as far as CC target limit, but only has a knockback.

These aren't what you were asking about, but I'm going to put the CC info on rest of the powers here for reference until I get the chance to update the guide.

Distortion Wave is an 8 man stun and hard root.

Time Bomb is an 8 man slow, knockback, and stun.

Gravity Bomb is a 4 man stun.

Warped Reality appears to only trigger CC on your targeted enemy.

I could only get Lift to pull the targeted enemy and 2 others.

Einstein's Ray is a single target pull and stun.

Gravitonic Field is a single target stun and has a grounding effect.

Albicuerre Wave only pushes 4 enemies.

Time Shift has no CC.

Tachyon Blast is a 4 man stun.

Inspiral Waves is a 4 man stun.

Warp Barrage is a 4 man knockback.

Energy Expulsion is a single target stun.

Tachyon Burst is a 2 man stun and hard root.

Anomaly is a 4 man stun and hard root.
    • Like x 1
  6. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

Appreciate Absolix's testing, will mention a few items

* TimeShift has slowness and suppression. Just like TimeBomb. Cone, 4 targets.
    * Einstein Ray - In addition to stun and pull. Also has knock down if with a follow-up uppercut.
    * Distortion wave: up to 12 targets (more than 8)
    * Oblivion - stun and levitate. Unless changed from when Quantum first launched is up to 15. (knightstone duo is another place to test)
  7. Absolix Loyal Player

I actually wrote down the Time Shift part in my notes yet completely glanced over it when compiling everything. It is worth noting that the "Slow" effect doesn't appear to last as long as other forms of CC, about 6-8 sec from what I was seeing.

Had to take a look st DW, and found out why I thought it was an 8 man stun. Turns out it sort of is a 12 man stun and sort of isn't. It is technically three different 4 man stuns in one power. DW's animation has 3 pulses and each one has an AoE where up to 4 enemies in the AoE can be stunned and hard rooted. The first 2 pulses' AoE appear to heavily overlap, and these tend to be the ones that hit most often. In content where adds are grouped together by a tank, one of the pulses will typically miss, usually either the 1st or 3rd. This means it usually acts like an 8 man stun as only two of the 4 man stuns hit.

So, DW can potentially stun up to 12 enemies, but it is also possible to hit a group of 12 enemies and only stun 4 depending on how they are grouped.
    • Like x 1
  8. jackdarkhero Active Player

First of all i would like to thank Absolix for taking the time to write this amazing guide.

I am currently using this loadout and was just wondering if it is the best to use at the moment.

Warp barrage -> Time bomb -> Distortion wave -> Time shift -> Tachyon Blast

Then repeat.

my white chest mod is Penetrating strikes and

On my sixth slot i usually keep Quantum tunneling to help with he pickups and escaping.
  9. Absolix Loyal Player

For your rotation, the best options typically change with each Time Bomb. This is what I'm currently using.
    1. Warp Barrage > Time Bomb > Distortion Wave > Tachyon Blast > Time Shift
    2. Warp Barrage > Time Bomb > Tachyon Blast > Warp Barrage > Time Shift
    3. Time Bomb > Warp Barrage > Tachyon Blast > Time Shift
    and repeat

One of the big points you should follow is that Distortion Wave should only be used often enough to maintain the PI. The easiest rule of thumb to do this is to use it once every three Time Bombs, like in the rotation above.

For the chest mod use Core Strength. The only time Penetrating Strikes is ever useful is if you are facing an enemy with buffed defense, and most time enemies like this appear the buffed defense is usually temporary and only one of many enemies. Unless you are going to carry multiple copies of each mod to switch back and forth during content, just stick to Core Strength.

Temporal Vortex is the best 6th loadout spot for Dps. Quantum Tunneling is fine for what you are using it for, but just know that your main benefit is the detaunt as the 3 sec shield is incredibly weak in the damage role.

Hope that answers any questions.
  10. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Does a WM Rotation work well with quantum still?
    I know ams is way more powerful, but I'm really wanting to see how a wm loadout would do in raids.
  11. Absolix Loyal Player

Unfortunately WM still sucks.

You basically have Gravity Well/Warped Reality > WM > Gravity Bomb or Tachyon Blast over and over.

It suffers from having no good full range AoE PI applicator for Graviton-Charged, and a Destabilized loadout won't work with Gravity Well which means no good DoT. It also doesn't help that Albicuerre Wave is both mid range and doesn't work with the WM crit.
  12. Max Flames New Player

Will we have new loadouts with GU51?
  13. Absolix Loyal Player

The power regeneration changes just mean Quantum Dps will not be talking power dumps from other group members in content with trols in a group. If anything power will likely be a little better as you won't have moments where you are almost completely empty before Time Bomb explodes.

The addition of Gravity Well to the power regen does nothing for it. There is still no good way of applying the Graviton Charged PI, Gravity Well is not good enough to match Temporal Vortex, and the best AM loadouts take up 5 slots which doesn't leave room for a Graviton-Charged PI applicator anyways.
  14. Max Flames New Player

I use Gravity Well on my PVP loadout. I will have power back, right?
  15. Absolix Loyal Player

From what I understand of what is on test, as I can't actually get on test, is that it triggers the power regen if used while Time Bomb is out. Which if it is true means it is still a waste in PvP as that would require making yourself vulnerable to interrupt twice for a heavily nerfed field DoT.
    • Like x 1
  16. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

I really wish they'd just make Time Bomb apply the PI for you guys.....
  17. Absolix Loyal Player

To be honest that would really dumb down Quantum. Learning to rotate the PI is the one part that gets users to think beyond mashing 1234 over and over. If that happened there would only be two rotations that make any sense and one is clearly be better.

I would rather they gave us something other than Temporal Vortex to put in the sixth slot. Warped Reality is single target, and Gravity Well isn't good with the PI plus you can't fit the PI for Gravity Well into a loadout with out sacrificing more Dps from the Time Bomb rotations.
  18. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Can't you just take out the SC instead for the majority of the run? If Warped reality applies the needed pi, then couldn't you fit gravity well in the 6th slot?
  19. Absolix Loyal Player

The powers used to maximize Time Bomb's Dps take up 5 slots, and the 6th slot is usually Temporal Vortex. That is only one loadout spot that you could switch out for another power as taking out one of the Time Bomb powers creates a big drop in your Dps.

I recently found that Warped Reality only hits the enemy you are currently targeting when it procs meaning it only applies the PI to one target at a time. Unless you are in a purely single target instance, you will at some point have enemies without the PI for Gravity Well. The only AoE Graviton-Charged PI applicator is Albicuerre Wave, which has no synergy with the AM at all.

Once I found out Warped Reality was single target, I now use Robot Sidekick as the 6th slot until my supercharge builds up, but it builds fast enough that I keep Temporal Vortex in my loadout most of the time now.
  20. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

So basically you're saying in an aoe fashion. Warped reality isn't useful anymore?