Sorry, but we aren't looking for a solo healer

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MCAZR, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Opamp Committed Player

^

Here's a man who only uses the best abilities and max loadouts.

Jokes aside: @OP - you just happened to play with someone who wasn't in the same game mentality as you. I enjoy relaxing, fun raids. Others enjoy fast speedy raids. The different groups don't mix well.
  2. blklightning New Player

It was based purely on tanking mechanics. For Earth to do good CC, it requires tons of power. It's getting left in the dust when in quite a few regards. Rage has stronger pulls and better CC.

When I was new to the game, as an electric healer, I'd run the t3 duos with a buddy over and over again. He'd burn and I'd keep him alive. He said on more than one occasion that when he runs with me, he never looks at his health bar. xD
  3. AngerMotivated New Player

"I can see why someone would think it's a pride thing"

"I prefer to solo heal because I like to see the raw ability of my power"

Sounds like pride to me just syaing.
    • Like x 2
  4. Prodigy_Deity New Player

I agree. I have finished my healer gear and placed it in my bank so I went back to HL. But when ever I healed with league we knew who had what and we didn't have to be like oh **** gotta do this or do that. We actually had time to have fun lol. And even now in HL I'm competitive with my league but not in the way that I have to be number one to have fun. We remember that this is a game made to have fun and enjoy playing together. We complete the raids smoothly and have fun doing it.
    • Like x 1
  5. Dazuzi New Player

A bit late, but whatever!

I shall give a brief history of my main character: I was sorcery for about a year and absolutely loved it. I also did probably the first 4 man PBG run ever as sorcery healer. After that I switched to electric for 3 man PBG run attempts, and stayed as electric for about 8-9 months. Never really liked electric, but it's nice burst healing, so it was perfect for it. When they released celestial, I switched to it, tried it out and came to the conclusion that I didn't like it, so I switched to nature. And now I've been nature for about 8 months.

Nature is easy, but because it's so easy, it allows you to deal a lot of damage at the same time. I tend to run T5 alerts in basically full damage gear (~1772 precision) and raids with a mix of healer and damage gear. It makes it really fun and challenging. I get to compete in damage with crappy damage dealers and heal at the same time.

There's quite a good chance you wouldn't like to run with me, but the reason for it most certainly is not the one you're thinking of. I absolutely despise people who think CR/SP/whatever equals to skill or experience. And speaking of CR requirements, not have I once set a CR limit for a single group I've hosted. Your CR tells me absolutely nothing, unless you're one of the idiots who keeps prancing and spamming their CR, then it's safe to say you're most likely useless.

Just to address the over geared part: it's nice how SOE's listening to the casual idiots on the forums and nerfing the harder content. It's just making it worse, but on the positive side, there's portals for most of the raids. It's nice to do solo, duo or whatever raid runs when you're over geared and there's no other challenge.

EDIT:
    Almost forgot! Nature damage dealing is kind of nice too, if you don't count in the lack of burst damage.