Sorry, but we aren't looking for a solo healer

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MCAZR, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Hahaha nice, that kinda made my morning. Thanks.
    • Like x 1
  2. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I play sorcery, so working with nature, electric, and celestial, it's easy set up. As sorcery, I can focus on tank while the other focus on group.
    • Like x 4
  3. Deranya Dedicated Player

I know what you mean xD when did this game become so impersonal? We got names for a reason, especially when there is only one tank or one healer, just say the freakin name xD I don't call anyone DPS 1, 2 and 3 or PoT Troll and Battery Troll ...
    • Like x 3
  4. Dazuzi New Player

Let me enlighten you how nature healing works: you combine two powers and everyone gets really high and fast HoTs, basically those are the only two powers you need to use and they can be constant. There is absolutely no need for another healer, unless your gear is really bad.
  5. Iron YoJimBo New Player

If they EVER increase the damage from our role weapons to compensate, I would take an entire TEAM of healers. Immortal Run, indeed.
    • Like x 3
  6. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

It's as most have said and the general "End Game" population wants fast runs/marks. Fastest runs = more replays = more loot/drop chances. I don't care what the group makeup is because the DPS I invite and run with could very well work as effective with just two of them compared to an "average" group of 4 dps. We usually don't care and shout need healer/troll//dps for the last spot. As long as we have at least one reliable player per role then we're fine.

I remember back in Prime Battleground feat days some people preferred running two healers, four dps, and one troll which never made sense to me. You're going to make one troll feed two healers and four power hungry dps? Sad thing is that I knew some super beasty trolls that could do it but, of course, power cost wasn't so high back then.

What bothers me is that this "End Game" mindset is transferring down to the lower content. Of course it's likely due to people running the content on alts but I recall a post not too long ago about having to solo heal an Inner raid and he was properly geared to run Inner only. He said he got kicked because he couldn't solo heal the last boss fight. I don't think that's right at all.
    • Like x 5
  7. Vodka Committed Player

Probably because it's easier to call someone by their role. Or doesn't sound too much like you're being confrontational with them.

For some strange reason, a lot of people don't seem to understand you can actually shorten someone's name when referring to them in chat. Some are just compelled to type out your whole name and get frustrated when it's long.

I'm like, dude, just call me by even the first letter in my name. I'll know who you mean.
  8. Iron YoJimBo New Player

One shots happen. When they happen to the healer, it's a wipe, which is wasted time. Save the time, bring in a backup. Seems pretty cut & dry to me, everything else is the players wanting to challenge themselves, which is cool, but not for me. My ego doesn't need me to solo heal . . .
    • Like x 7
  9. Deranya Dedicated Player

Id be more than happy if it was at least the first letter or anything. But having someone go "healer you need to spam more powers" "healer you shouldn't go near there" it gives out a negative feel, even if it is "hey nice job healer, the tank didn't die" boom double headshot.
    • Like x 1
  10. Burnt New Player

Some people just like to solo heal. There's nothing wrong with that
  11. FullMetal New Player

I Personally enjoy solo healing, I get really lazy when there is a second healer lol.... people can die.
  12. Trinidad James Loyal Player

I blame this new higher Restoration Healers have now. I for one hope that they add a very limited amount of Restoration on the next set of Tier gear. Most solo healers are way to cocky for there own good.
    • Like x 6
  13. EPHEMERAL titan New Player

A well balanced pug can be built any number of ways... I never met anyone who insisted they were/be the sole heal. I'm thinking most healers are smarter than that.
    • Like x 1
  14. Iron YoJimBo New Player

Keep in mind, not all players are CR 101+ with 150+ skillpoints. If you behold my sig, you may notice I myself have only 114 sps. I don't consider my self incompetent, nor do I feel that a raid needs 4 DPS. At this rate might as well can the support roles, since we ONLY seem to be hare for the fun of the DPS. Wait . . . that's NOT what I sub for. It's ok to disagree, but My views are just as valid & I'm not going to change them with out a very very good reason.
    • Like x 5
  15. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

I can solo heal but I don't mind another healer when I am healing. Though I've been in groups where when one healer dies and is out of the fight the other healer makes a remark along the lines of "Good, now they can stop taking up all of my power." :eek:
  16. Iron YoJimBo New Player

I make it a point to power regen on my own, use energy soda V's & laugh when I have to use supply drop on the troller, because everybody else is bone dry.
    • Like x 3
  17. Dr Improbable Dedicated Player

I've got a damage loadout on my armory too. Seems way more likely to get into a raid as a dps than a role nowadays. Good thing my league boss likes 2 healers.

An interesting alternative would be to have one "pure" healer and one Celestial "Battle Healer".
  18. MariaW New Player

I have solo'd many raids and used two healers for many raids. I really don't mind either way. It's always nice to run with two, I would never be upset if I was a second, but I will always give the group the option of 1 or 2.

It was hard trying to get into Nexus and PW at first when you had never done the raids and everyone wanted solo healers. First time I did PW was a solo healing run and I was stressed, next time was two and it was so much better for everyone. Glad to have an awesome league that is willing to accommodate everyones preferences.
  19. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

What I always found mind boggling is how can someone play a support role, yet try to make it competitive?

Example: Why does it matter what healer had the most healing out? Did the team stay healthy? If so then u should equally share that victory (Not gonna lie I look at healing out on my rage tank and compare to the healer(s). Not competitively, but to see how I could improve my own healing; even as a tank)
    Don't people realize how much other stuff you can do when healing with a partner? I know I know "but healers must heal the whole time". Says who?? Show me some writing and maybe that'll sway my opinion. Until then, I'm all for someone trying different things as I am an advocate of Diversity

This doesn't just apply to dual-heals either. I've seen secondary (hate seeing backup) trolls get bashed for not being within a certain percentage of the primary troll. Really?!? It's not THAT freaking serious. K I'm done ranting now lol :)
    • Like x 3
  20. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I would like to point out how a thread in the last 2 weeks blamed the dps for the new set-ups, and like I said in that thread, it's not the dps doing it, but the role powers, mainly tanks and healers. The only reason trolls not doing it is because they can't, but if we didn't get a power increase they would be right there with the healers and tanks asking for solo runs