Sorry, but we aren't looking for a solo healer

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MCAZR, Feb 24, 2014.

1. the solowing Steadfast Player

in what dimension are you talking about, i have to complete with a dozen or so healers at any one time
    • Like x 1
  2. appocolyps Committed Player

As a fire tank i now refuse to run with solo heal, the game just isnt designed this way, if he goes down im screwed my mechanics rely on healing, its just people wanting to finish as quick as possible but in reality we already have an extra dps because we only run 1 tank 4 dps is just stupidity!

I imagine it started with paradox, pre nerf, if the tam was undergeard trying for EO feat they sacrifice a healer for a dps and WOW we burnt the side boss' before the next phase so now every1 thinks solo heal is better but they dont take into consideration para was designed around 1 shot mechanics, u cant heal through so the extra heal is not essential unless he goes down!!
    • Like x 2
  3. Waterfall Well-Known Player

I have solo healed every trop tier content when it was the top tier since the batcave raids. And I find it a lot of fun. Granted it is a lot more work then with 2 healers, but I enjoy the challenge. That said.... I am willing to bet that when we get a T6 raid, the majority of ppl are going to walk in with 2 healers instead of 1. At least until they learn the raid. That is how it goes. Once you learn the content and know what to do, it makes it easier to avoid damage, and less damage means less healing needed, which means less heales needed.

Of course the other side to this is if you run 2 healers, everyone can go crazy and not bother avoiding anything unless it is a one shot. I have seen tons of dps do this, they wont stop pumping out the damage for anything (standing in lightning in prime for example). So my question.... whats better, letting your dps go bat crazy in melee range but have 2 healers, or make your dps avoid stuff, but have an extra dps/troll.
    • Like x 2
  4. Trinidad James Loyal Player

What? Do you want a cookie or something? I'm confused..... o_O
  5. the solowing Steadfast Player

ugh never mind, you are missing the point
  6. blklightning New Player

Get a rage tank who knows how to use the powerset and healing them is extremely easy. If you have a rage tank whose health bar is fuctuating wildly, then they're not stacking their health buff correctly. For every power they cast, they get a stackable health buff. So, the more stacks, the better. If they're not stacking, then it's super hard work for the healers to keep up.

I've come to accept that solo healing is the way. Too many DPS who don't know how to deal efficient damage. The insane boosts in restoration show that solo healing is the wave of the future.

What solo healing means though is that people are going to need to learn to avoid unnecessary damage. Yes, Mr. DPS, I'm talking to you. Don't stand in the boss' DoT and expect me to heal you through it. I've got a whole team to keep alive and if I have to drain my power bar to heal through your stupid, then we all suffer.

Solo healing requires teamwork... from the rest of the team, too. LOL
  7. FEARtheSPUR Well-Known Player

I was nature but switch to sorcery just because the amount of nature healers in the game and it takes more skill.

You are the type of player i wouldnt want to run with. "If and when you get good gear," aka over geared. "learn to play the game" lol okay "find decent people to play with" haha Let me guess you are the guy shouting for 103CR for gates lol "I recommend you try nature." Easy mode. No thanks
    • Like x 2
  8. Dr Improbable Dedicated Player

I'd like to point out that just because I have a preference doesn't mean I think it's the best way for everyone. I like another healer, but I have solo'd too. Live and let live guys...
    • Like x 2
  9. Minx New Player

Uhm...I'd just like to be of some healing use? Thx. :D
    • Like x 1
  10. Prodigy_Deity New Player

Sorry didn't get to read through all the comments but for anyone saying solo healers make the raid smoother then having 1 healer are just kidding themselves. 2 healers only cost more power if they are trying to out heal each other instead of trying to keep the group alive. My league has healers able to solo heal. Including myself when I was electric getting healer gear on my main before switching back to HL for personal reasons. But when I would raid with my nature healer friend we cared more about keeping the group alive. She would keep her hot up and I'd bust when damage would spike. We ended up saving power since she didn't have to reapply her hot and I didn't have to worry about keeping the tank and others topped.

Having 2 healers makes for a smoother run then solo healing. If you say 1 heal and 4 dps or 3 dps with a 3rd troll makes for better burn then your dps need to improve.
    • Like x 3
  11. cravex15 Dedicated Player

I prefer not to solo heal. I mean I know I probably could with my 4900 Resto but I don't like the pressure in T5 raids.
    Plus I'm an Electric healer so I rather not risk it.
    And besides I like having at least one other healer with me so that we can both take some of the edge off of each other.
    Meanwhile we can take turns throwing in a little burn as well.
    And if I'm trying to get my supercharge up then I definitely need to be able to throw in some burn too.
    • Like x 2
  12. Black Jaq Devoted Player

You hit on something there with supercharges. Most healer SC are UWC so they are for those last ditch attempts at saving a raid by supplying heals and power. If healers can't do damage, they don't build SC. Some healers won't run with a SC which I find very odd because if all else fails, if you are one Controller down, you can do more to sustain the group with that SC.
    • Like x 1
  13. blklightning New Player

You and I both know that's there's no shortage of stupid. We'll always have someone to heal.

Tanked for the first time in 9mths today. Went from Earth to Rage. Felt like I was just button mashing while getting used to the powers and the loadout. So nice to not have to block. If I'm not gonna heal... I want to do crowd control. Rage is great for that. Yay!
    • Like x 2
  14. the solowing Steadfast Player

solo healing my power in is the lowest in the group, that means, the troller doesnt need to focus on me to much to keep my power up
  15. shadwfyre New Player

See here is a problem, with 4,900 resto there is NO content you even need to worry about. No probably about it.

I've solo healed everything except A&B with less than 4,000 resto. I want to save A&B until more of my league can run it.
    Yes I am a nature healer, so I am very power friendly too start with.
    I can usually keep my hit count between 30-50 except in the most hairy "oh crap!!" moments but that's what soders & supply drops are for.
    I also recommend more healers use static grenades. With my mk v experts I can stun lots of adds for up to 8 secs & heal all of the group for 1000+ pts every time I use one.

Get out there & push yourself, you might be amazed as to what you can do as a healer :)
  16. Minx New Player

Curious...was your decision to go rage based on its CC capabilities alone? Or did your role as a healer, seeing from the support side (the pros and cons to healing every tank powerset), help determine this? I was thinking about making my alt a tank...leaning towards Ice just cuz I feel sorry for the healers that will be running with me...lol. :D
  17. Derio 15000 Post Club

I have solo healed every piece of content in the game. Point is I dont want to push out the healing support role because everyone wants to be a dps.

What happens when solo healing becomes the complete norm, by T8 our support class will be pushed out and end up like the tank class, rare.

Apparently the future support class will be the troller because there will always be at least 2 or more trollers in a raid. IMO
  18. Healzzz Yahh New Player

i love solo healing, but i would never leave a group because they is two healers. 2 Healers makes life allot easier for both healers. Ran AB last night with me and another healers. I don't think it ever went more smoothly then it did last night.
  19. Mighty Hyperion Committed Player

Nothing worse than some guy/girl saying they only solo heal, talking up how often they do it and that we need more burn, and then every 3 mins they are dying or complaining about power or what not.
    One problem is now a days people think the gear makes the player and just becuase someone they know has solo healed with the same gear they now have the right to as well. It all comes down to people knowing what to do, and unfortunately sometimes it takes a horrible pug run for all involved to realize that that person is not ready.
  20. Minx New Player

In my old league , Private Property, I always enjoyed running with my healing partner. He was nature and I was Sorc. Essentially, he would take care of the group and I would focus on the tank. We had a great relationship understanding what the group needed to stay healthy. Fun times!!!
    • Like x 1