So this pisses me off

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by topflow619, Dec 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We were lucky to be able to offer this emblem for any period of time. Sorry you almost missed it.
    • Like x 12
  2. nawanda Loyal Player

I think you make a fair point Mepps, but would it kill you, just for once, to acknowledge that tying feats to items which are not going to be readily obtainable in the future is on you guys.

This is going to be the new Back from the Hack, and you will get to read these types of complaint threads for years to come.
    • Like x 2
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Wrong. As it has been explained to you multiple times, the regular raids are not meant to be fisher-price/nerf gun easy....that's what the event version is for. There's no point to a raid if it's a cake walk for everyone. It's a group event, everyone needs to do their part (this includes doing things like leveling up augments). If anyone is slacking, expect failure...such is life, this is what raiding is all about. Have a nice day/night. :)
    • Like x 4
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

What you and others fail to realize is that style unlock has been and continues to be rolled out in phases. There are still several phases to go before they even get to the Superman event. You may be able to unlock the style on another toon....it just won't be for a while. It is what it is.
  5. Knarlydude Loyal Player

You can buy 50 tributes for about 5 bucks. Buy the number of 50 tribute bundles that you need to get the emblem and you will be good to go.
    • Like x 1
  6. Cole MacGrath New Player

I always close it straight away because I'd be too tempted to spend irl money.
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

That's because the DEV's don't get the concept of "alts", why else with all the OPA crap?
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Bit rude, butt also correct
    • Like x 1
  9. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

That's intentionally because they do understand the concept. They want players to rank their toons from most important to unimportant with these things, and whenever they give away something for free that is also on their marketplace, they want players to buy these things for their other toons. It's pretty clear another reason why they moved from selling accountwide style unlocks directly to single piece luck based drops per toon ;)
    • Like x 1
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Noted, but I’m trying not to derail this thread so let’s say no more about it.
    • Like x 1
  11. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Congratulations! Your strategy worked!
  12. Great Architect Loyal Player

Is there any reason I can see the Emblem for purchase on my main account, but not on my alt account? Neither currently have a sub. There's not a CR requirement, is there :(?
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Has your alt run the Doomsday raid yet? It didn't show for me as a purchase option until I ran the raid yesterday.
    • Like x 1
  14. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Honestly people wanted the emblem in the game and the devs delivered the best they could. They however, had rules and compromises that came along with it. So the devs are damned if they do, and the're damned if they dont. Theres just no pleasing ppl. They have had the Superman emblem up for what? 12 months? And the guy is complaining now?!?! He didnt even miss the deadline. You snooze, you lose. Its that simple. Its up twelve months and it even has the deadline date in the description on the emblem. He just needs to accept he procrastinated too long and is gonna have to pay for it.
    • Like x 2
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Actually it's been just over six months (I went searching for the release date on the update where it arrived LOL). But your point still stands, there's been more than enough time for folks to get it.
    • Like x 2
  16. Millefune PSN Well-Known Player

The emblem has been available for six or so (Maybe longer? I started this summer, and it was available.) months. That's plenty of time to get it. Sorry you weren't active until recently, but that's just how life works. If you're not present for limited time events/promotions, you miss out. Try to be more mature, and not accuse the developers of just "cash grabbing." It's not their fault you weren't active or keeping up with the game.
    • Like x 2
  17. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I stand corrected, but yeah 6 months is still plenty of time.
    • Like x 3
  18. nawanda Loyal Player

I don’t disagree with a word of your post.

My point was and is this: if you, as the developers, know an item will not be readily obtainable for the life of the game, and, knowing this, you attach feat points to its acquisition, you are going to receive complaints from people who want to try to get all the feats they can get - and that this is entirely predictable after Back From the Hack.

It’s not like thousands of people haven’t just dropped a load of dough for lifetime access to the game, either.
    • Like x 1
  19. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

They have given reasonable time to obtain the emblem and its an iconic emblem so it makes sense a feat will be tied to it. It would be weird if it didnt, its a really big thing connected to a major DC character. Honestly there are other ways of getting skill points in game. This feat wont make or break anyones gaming experience. This is something the people with OCD will have to get over. They have before and can again.
    • Like x 2
  20. nawanda Loyal Player

I don’t accept the automatic tying of feats to cosmetics that has become the norm. You band about a mental health term to describe the attitude of MMO players who take a completionist approach to the game - I’m not saying that is offensive - I’m saying that you’re demonstrating a flippant disregard for player motivation.

The same flippant disregard for player motivation that has allowed us into a situation where approximately half of all the new feats added to the game are in gamble boxes which we are encouraged to pay to open.

I’m not having a go at you personally, although I don’t see how your ‘just get over it’ mentality is helpful. It’s certainly not going to stop future complaints about this specific issue. Mark my words.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.