So this pisses me off

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by topflow619, Dec 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. topflow619 Well-Known Player

I came back to dcuo 2 weeks ago and found out that they’ll remove Superman’s emblem on the 31st and screwing me from getting that feat.They’re forcing me to buy those marks with real cash witch I just came back so I can’t afford that since I bought the membership.It doesn’t surprises me anymore about this games greed,It would be underanble to put that emble in the market store but I dought they’ll do that unless they’re really money hungry.
  2. Proxystar #Perception

How is putting the emblem on the marketplace any different from just putting the tributes on the marketplace, it's the same thing, just buy the tributes.

You elected to take a break and this emblem would have been easily obtainable had you not done so.

If I were you, I'd run as much Doomsday stuff as you can in the next few days and then buy the tributes you need left over.
    • Like x 14
  3. topflow619 Well-Known Player

I’ll pass,it’s ridiculous to remove something tied to a feat.Cash grab is what dcuo should be named after
  4. HalfromTynon Well-Known Player

Three sets of tributes gets you the emblem. That's what, like... around 15 to 20?

The super fancy Batman cowl is that same price. If you want them badly enough, they are buyable.
    • Like x 2
  5. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Pretty sure you'd have to take this up with DC, not the DCUO developers. DC is the organization that determines how and when this type of material can be used.
    • Like x 3
  6. tukuan Devoted Player

You have a right to be disappointed about the bad timing of your returning and it leaving, but this is about as far from a cash grab as it possible. The item was easily attainable from less than 3 weeks of gameplay with no replays or upsells. Even the content itself was free.
    • Like x 10
  7. Schimaera Devoted Player

Getting into content right now gets you roughly 82 marks if you run everything til Monday (weekly reset tomorrow).

You have at least 500DBC and 150RB when you just recently subbed. You barely need five more bucks to get that fancy emblem you desire.

As others have pointed out, the emblem was there for a good part of the year. And when it was released they already said it would only be there til 12/31. It's hardly unfair. It's just unfortunate that you took a break when you did and did not decide to play the free content that did not require sub to get the tribute you needed.
    • Like x 6
  8. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

They announced the time limit and removal many months ago and have repeated the announcement many times since.

The issue here is what I quote: you only just "came back to dcuo 2 weeks ago."

Which is fine, but that was YOUR decision. Yelling at the devs because you missed notices and stuff isn't called for; they didn't hide info from you. You simply didn't care enough to look. And now you want to blame other people for your own decisions.

I appreciate that outside life may have kept you away from the game involuntarily, but that's STILL not the fault of the devs.

And I appreciate the frustration of having to miss out (or pay real $$$ for Tributes) on something nice, but you've had every opportunity to come every day to the Doomed Metro instance to earn your Marks and to run the Doomsday raid daily. That you didn't do that is not someone else's responsibility.

Yelling that your decisions are the responsibility of Daybreak Games just makes you look petulant. You have only yourself to blame here. I know it's frustrating, but complaining to the devs and Daybreak Games that it's their fault you didn't play the game is just ridiculous. The only person you can legitimately be mad at here is yourself (or whatever in the outside world it was that kept you from playing the game).
    • Like x 7
  9. FoolsFire Devoted Player

"Devs, please stop having people spam chat with requests for me to buy them auras. I'm running out of money."
    • Like x 1
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Am going to be missing out on that emblem as well, butt (as was so rudely pointed out), that was a personal choice (don't have a character who would wear it anyway, just like with the stupid BvSvLLvLLvWWvDD movie tie-in emblems)
  11. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

I definitely don't agree with the assertion that this is a cash grab, however I don't think time limited feats are a good idea.

I'd have no issue if the feat was auto granted when the emblem becomes unavailable, as happened when previous Valentine seasonal fears became unachievable.
    • Like x 1
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

That feat and item have been available for the better part of the year, since early June. It's tough for me to look at it on the same level as a seasonal feat when it's been available for just over six months.
    • Like x 3
  13. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

the only thing im hopeful for is being able to replay the style, but I wont be complaining if it doesn't happen.

as for the OPs issue, while I do somewhat feel for ya here man its kinda your own fault for taking a break when you did. ythe emblem has been around since part 3 of the DoS updates which was just before summer event I believe.

wish we could trade currencies or even transfer em to another character on the account.. my main guy has like 141 tributes and nothing to really buy outta there.
  14. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I don't have enough tributes, because it is hard to do the group missions.
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Which is the reason, personally, chose not to bother
  16. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

That doesn't help new players joining the game.

I've had it since way back when it was new, it doesn't make any difference to me, & I don't take breaks, so even in future I wouldn't get burned by this. I just don't think limited time feats are a good idea. Look at the furore back from the hack caused amongst completionists (I'm not advocating giving that out, that was very specific).

My personal opinion is they should auto grant the feat when it's removed, but not the emblem itself.

Also, the Valentine feats were probably available for about 6 months over the course of 6 years.
    • Like x 1
  17. tukuan Devoted Player

I suppose but to be honest that can't be the only reason.

I get if you don't want to do the event version of the raid which, although it's pretty simple, doesn't seem to drop as much these days. Likewise it takes a little initiative to get a Biz/Hank bounty group these days as well. Personally I can't be asked to do the DD bounty much even though I'm getting close to the next tier of the feat so I totally get that one.

However, you can get 6x per day from solo stuff (not counting DD bounty) that takes about 5 min in the open world and about another 5 in the solo. That plus another 8 from the 99 which you would get if you did the outside stuff 5 times a week means 38x per week with zero group interaction.

If the emblem is not something you care about then that's cool but I think they've made this pretty solo friendly.
    • Like x 2
  18. Knarlydude Loyal Player

If DCUO is so greedy. Why did you buy the membership? DCUO did not make you do anything. It's your choice and your choice only to get that emblem. You are the one that showed up late to the dinner table. If you want to get your fill then you need to do what you need to do in order to get your plate filled.

You make about as much sense as someone that comes back to the game a couple days before the end of a seasonal and then complains about not being able to do everything without buying marks because there are only a couple days left.o_O

At least DCUO gave you the opportunity to get that emblem via buying marks & replays. Next time,...... don't show up late for dinner.
    • Like x 2
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's ok I cooked some crow.
    • Like x 3
  20. Proxystar #Perception

I see people shouting for the bounties quite a bit and it's only the doomsday bounty that's a bit difficult, but that's only 1 tribute a day. You can also easily blind queue the Doomsday raid, even at the top tier.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.