So this pisses me off

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by topflow619, Dec 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Did I miss something? I though that the DS was a permanent addition. The only thing being removed on the 1st is the Supes emblem right.
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Believe it to be so
    • Like x 2
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I believe Lady is on EU. Their population is somewhat less lively.
  4. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Does the emblem drop in the raid? I don't remember if it does.
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

No. It's vendor only.
    • Like x 2
  6. Proxystar #Perception

They should just merge the servers already, I'd rather live with some lag than a dead population if I were EU players.
    • Like x 6
  7. Knarlydude Loyal Player

DCUO should give the All players a choice to move in between servers without needing to make new characters.
    • Like x 1
  8. Knarlydude Loyal Player

DCUO could help out the DS content by making the emblem a rare drop ( and tradeable ) in all DS instances after the first of the year.

Edit* especially if there are any feats added for collecting that emblem.
  9. Hraesvelg Always Right

From what I gathered from the devs talking about it, this was more of a decision from DC about the license to use the emblem. DCUO isn't the one making the choice to put it up for limited time.
    • Like x 5
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

What Hraesvelg said. They only way DC would let us have that emblem is if it were under certain limitations.
    • Like x 2
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

It's being removed because of a licensing agreement. It has ZERO to do with greed on DCUO's part. It is unfortunate that you were gone so long and didn't know about the emblem situation.
    • Like x 2
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

It's not up to them. They're removing it because of contractual obligations. Such is life when licensing someone else's Intellectual Property.
    • Like x 1
  13. Brit Loyal Player

Going to Doomed Metropolis, you may do the Doomsday fight daily for 8 Tributes (as opposed to the other 8 Tribute missions being weeklies). That means, since you returned 2 weeks ago, and it expires the 31st, just doing that one mission every day, spending about 10 minutes or less, you would net more than enough Tributes.

Heck. At this point, you can still earn 12 Tributes Daily for 5 days (60 total) plus 24 weekly today and another 24 weekly after resets tomorrow, which is over the 100 you need for the Emblem. Literally you can have 0 Tributes right now, and just through daily play, you can still earn it spending zero money on the Marketplace.

And they've been announcing for months that it was time-locked to Dec 31st, so it's not a surprise. Giving somebody 4 months to do something that can still be finished in a rush job the last 5 days is pretty darn generous.
    • Like x 1
  14. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

?????
    Does this apply to all gear directly related to iconics? Since it's not tied to other media I'm not so sure how this is the case...
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

DC has to approve everything DBG puts in the game before it gets published. The only other time we've had a Superman emblem was from the BvS Swag Bags. DC or WB pulled those swag bags off the market shortly after DBG said the emblems were permanent additions.
    • Like x 1
  16. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

My point is BvS branded items or TV Supergirl have other right holders to deal with license issues, but 80th Superman emblem, while needs approval like everything else, shouldn't have 3rd parties that complicates negotiations. That's what makes me question why somehow a Superman emblem is not allowed to be available forever even when it's part of the original library DBG have access to.
    ...Creator rights dispute?
  17. Great Architect Loyal Player

It's 150 Tribute, IIRC - since I am grinding for it myself... But let me check that - if it *is* only 100, I need to be doing the same on my alt account :eek: .
  18. Schimaera Devoted Player

The daily doomsday mission only rewards one Tribute. It's about 80 Tributes he could earny by doing everything daily (plus the weeklies) from when he started this thread to 12/31. :)
  19. Elusian Crowd Control

The only thing on EU that is harder to be done is the bounties. Raid pops every day easily via on duty. It is dead but not that dead, yet ^^
    • Like x 3
  20. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

But in both scenarios it's not 3rd parties that complicate negotiations. Regardless if it's the BVS items, or the Supergirl TV legend both are still properties of Warner Brothers and thus they can give or take them at any time they see fit.

The BVS items were pulled due to WB.
    And likewise, the limited time Superman 80th emblem will also be going bye-bye due to WB once 2018 is over. Not only that, but the 80th emblem is also Color Locked. It's for the classic Superman fans out there, you can't use the emblem to make any of the other Superman outfits like Justice lords one which doesn't use the traditional yellow and red.

DBG has access to the DC library yes, but that doesn't change from the fact that DCUO is a licensed game. Since WB owns the DC license, Daybreak will always have to answer to them and what they agree to when it comes to releasing cosmetics or anything in the game.

Needless to say, DCUO being a licensed game has it's ups and it's downs. Especially with the Higher UP's(WB) being known for the sole reason we didn't have green auras for a while in DCUO's history.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.