So this pisses me off

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by topflow619, Dec 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Who knows? We can only speculate.
  2. Noble One Committed Player

this is why ive stated that licensing hurts this game so much.
    • Like x 1
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

It's just part of the deal with any licensed game, though. Even if it wasn't SOE/Daybreak they had worked with, whatever company they chose would have had to deal with having DC/WB looking over their shoulders and saying what could and couldn't go into the game. And considering it's their IP, they have every right to do so, no matter how frustrating it might be for players.

LucasArts was at times just as protective of their IP and restrictive of what could and couldn't go into Star Wars Galaxies. All things considered I think the devs have done a decent job of getting us a lot of cool stuff to play with in regards to the IP. But we as players have to remember that the devs don't have final say.
    • Like x 4
  4. Cole MacGrath New Player

Instead of making another thread thought I would post here, I unlocked the Emblem on my character today and made a character to use it on assuming I could spend badges to unlock it like the other styles, but this doesn't seem to be the case? Do I have to farm 150 tributes again?
  5. Great Architect Loyal Player

It's definitely 150 tribute for the SM 80th Emblem, and additionally is only available to Members.
  6. Great Architect Loyal Player

Yes, but the BvS Emblem was pulled almost as soon as it hit the MP. And we're lucky that people that bought it still have it - there was a licensing "oversight", since resolved. There is now no real reason why the BvS emblem could not be re-offered, but WB have no interest in granting an in-perpetuity licence on a dead property.
  7. Great Architect Loyal Player

Long story short, it's not possible to get the SM 80th Emblem, from scratch, without replays. And some serious LFG effort.
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Wait, which is the 'dead property'? The movie franchise or the game? o_O

And of course it's not possible to get the Flying Soupcan's emblem now, butt there have been plenty of time to have gotten it
  9. Cole MacGrath New Player

If I have it on another character can I unlock it quicker on an alt?
  10. Great Architect Loyal Player

The BvS Emblem - WB have no interest in having this around at all. It's dead.
  11. Great Architect Loyal Player

You can unlock the feat on the same account, but style unlocking is not probable on licensed items. However, I am not a Dev, so ask directly via PM to maybe Megzilla. Mepps knows **** all, ever :D.
  12. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

1. BvS and TV Supergirl are WB properties yes, but the point is they have their own merchandise license, which is why these don't last long on the shelves. While WB has the final say to whatever DCUO can or can't publish, the Superman 80th emblem does not have its own licensing rights (as far as I'm concerned), it's supposedly part of the original license DBG is holding, which is why I'm struggling to see why the higher-ups imposed the limit except they're just using arbitrary power. (But somehow only for this particular emblem? What about the GL ones? Or other iconic based gears? You see I still have a rabbit hole to go down from there...)

2. Colour locking isn't new to brand recognition stuff in DCUO. That's hardly a surprise. (You're a Brit?)

3. If DCUO isn't a licensed game it's more likely to be:
    a) Got shut down quickly ala Infinite Crisis
    b)Not getting made at all.
    I don't think it's controversial to say that DC doesn't care much about DCUO at this point, except for the approval and licensing department. I remember watching a LEGO DC SUPER VILLAINS interview and they're like "we're giving the Crime Syndicate their gaming debut!" while Earth 3 was out for half a year... this game is pretty much being swept under the rug from the main DC fandom. Yes, annoying and questionable restrictions appear from time to time, but from what I can see, the alternative can be much worse than what we got now. While I question how the licensing works, I wouldn't complain about it being a licensed game in of itself: it's just asking for a shutdown.
  13. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

I don't see that as luck: it's sold as permanent items and WB can pull them off the shelves but not remove them entirely from the game since they did give the initial permission.

WB wants to wipe BvS out of existence: but then it's not like we're given Wonder Woman and Aquaman movie stuff either ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  14. Cole MacGrath New Player

Tried unlocking the feat to no avail. Opened a ticket and sent a message to Megzilla, I'm going to be really steamed if I have to get the 150 tributes again, I don't know if I'll have enough money for the replay tokens needed :(
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The feat doesn't give you the emblem. You have to buy it from the vendor.
    • Like x 1
  16. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

The super fancy Batman cowl is account wide, that emblem bought with tributes is per character. Like the TC styles. I don't get why some people don't get the concept of "alts"....
    • Like x 1
  17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Stuff like this is why I feel like I can’t take a break even though I desperately need one because this game is absolutely beyond frustrating right now and I have to literally force myself to play it.
    • Like x 1
  18. Schimaera Devoted Player

Then don't.

Take a break. Check the announcements from time to time to check if there's a limited item of sorts. Everything else can be replayed.

Seasonal stuff will always return. The rest can be replayed when it's easy. We had this talk multiple times so I'm not getting in on it. Just know this: Many players gave you great advise even as to how you could/should approach obstacles. What you did with that advise is your own topic :)
    • Like x 3
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I try but sometimes it just isn’t enough. There’s nothing I can do when Faceless One randomly hits me for 80k, tanks get destroyed by Murk’s Gut Hook, or Risen Sea Beast’s attack line doesn’t appear on my screen.... and that’s just off the top of my head. I don’t want to go, I really enjoy the cosmetics and core gameplay but the last two episodes have made me feel unwelcome here.
  20. Cole MacGrath New Player

Well looks like I won't be getting the emblem on the character I wanted, don't have 50+ dollars to spend on replay tokens to get it done by the 31st
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.