So, Doom Spin Non-Mastery will get fixed?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Xibo, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Xibo Loyal Player

Same words to Kimone: Don't worry. If somebody else here comes and say something about Doom Spin or another unbalanced weapon, you'll spend your time with him/her. I'll already know exactly what to do.
  2. Terri Ashra Committed Player

It's not the stealth clips is suppressor turret and self destruct clipping that helps the most. Basically the amount of front loaded damage abilities that can be clipped in this game without the full animation allowing you to fit in more burst abilities at a faster rate than the majority of other power sets in exchange for more power drain. The rotations are faster but the power cost is higher and you need to spec out your load out correctly and play might based. If you are going precision with gadgets you wont be that far ahead of the competition because it has access to NVB and battle display as our only weapons buffs. Gadgets has more utility and variety though and if you're willing to invest in the game, buy armories, upgrade multiple artifacts and use duplicate gear/extra trinket based items you will be able to top out the scoreboard but you need to test and apply things for single target, groups, ads and combos/synergies. If you are to lazy then just stick with form powers and you'll do better than 95% of the people you come across anyway. Your game knowledge and ability to apply and perform what you know to be optimal in the situation on a moment by moment basis is what determines your ranking, and if you're complaining about doomspin then you're ignorant of better performing combos simply due to consistency and execution times
  3. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

yes, you'll complain specifically about any weapon that isn't performing dismally and ignore the exceedingly broken Powerset examples that you're using to support your case. Speaking of fundamentally broken -

So it's literally performing better right now because of favorable dovetails in animation time allowing its Burst side to produce damage faster than other Powersets can. Literally, a different version of the same issue with Hard Light that resulted in GU 36 and WM in the first place.

Now, I'd rather see other Powers repaired to a similar level of potential output than spend my time crying about Gadgets being broke (which the above statement pretty much verifies - if it can flatly produce what other Powersets cannot, then it's not balanced. Literally the entire point of this thread) so we're gonna go with this gem instead -

• Like x 1
  4. Terri Ashra Committed Player

Every powerset has the ability to clip. If it bothers you so much put down $10 and play gadgets or make a new toon, it's a free power. You're doing the same thing. It's a game. Learn excel and how to invest if you're gonna chase numbers.
  5. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Every powerset can clip, not every powerset clips equally - your post was quite clear on why Gadgets was so good. Gadgets having a more favorable clip timing for Burst Damage powers means that it is, flatly, capable of outperforming other Powersets, regardless of how well they clip. That's according to you, mind, not me. And like I said -
    It actually doesn't faze me all that much, my problem is not Gadgets performing well. This is not where I'd be airing that particular grievance, were it one. And like Doom Spin, I consider that a bar to move things up to, and not something that should be undermined.

I do, however, have an issue with the amount of time and effort people spend sabotaging anything that can potentially compete with it. Just because it's Batman's home row doesn't mean it's sacrosanct. Since Xibbie's in here using a Gadgets-based rotation to "prove" that Doom Spin is broken, well, I'm going to argue with that assertion. Especially after having seen Gadgets outperform the "broken" thing in question.
    • Like x 1
  6. Terri Ashra Committed Player

I guess. I just don't see why people are complaining about doomspin though. Theres 2 other weapons that do comparable damage and depending on your setup and power can exceed it
  7. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

i know what i saw...two guys in elite dme...one has a birds name in his toon and the other is a rage guy...so um yeah! I dont know whom said what I said was not true but hey..u werent there and i even said..wow, yall just spamming that spinning crap!..but in all honestly i give less than two cow patties! Have a great night or day wherever you live!
  8. DIIV New Player

for me all melee attack should be OP...melee basicly risky should be reward with OPness..*** all the range attack thats stay super far away and be safe and still want high dmg.. :)...any melee range that basicly hug the boss should be higher dmg than any range power period..

p/s : if doomspin is nerf..nerf berserk too pls..ty...also if doomspin & flurryshot is nerf..prec user got nothing else to use..better just said to Devs to throw away prec completely..no need to do all those prec artifacts..
  9. Xibo Loyal Player

100% agree! But that's the case of only ONE weapon but sadly for some people here, that's fine.
  10. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

then why are you asking for it to be reduced like it's broken if you agree that melee should do more damage? sudden change of heart or what?
  11. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

100% agree with this. Gadgets in general regardless of what you do requires most amount of work and has the highest potential to exceed other power set with proper application, execution, knowledge and timing and that is fine because you are actually working hard to earn your damage based on your skill set, execution and timing. However, the problem is that no other power set can run up to a set of adds using doom spin then then clip a power with battle display/neo venom boost, jump cancel it with a turret straight into stealth surprise attack. <== this part is fine and skillful. Combined with doom spin however, it's a bit game breaking. I'm kind of on the fence on this because I know that how much work it requires as far as preparation goes and general knowledge what to run in particular instances/hallways running multiple armories and set ups for those instances to maximize your damage. That's cool and all but combined with doom spin it's a bit too much because once you learn an instance you can switch to an armory to instantly clip everything in your load out from 1-6 then straight into doom spin. Though you have to be skillful to pull it off the synergy with doom spin and the damage potential is just absurd.
  12. Xibo Loyal Player

Fix Doom Spin or buff all melee weapons accordingly. It can't be only ONE weapon viable.
  13. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

so where's your thread saying "fix all melee weapons"?
  14. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

well, doomspin becomes gamebreaking with gadgets because of gadgets, not the other way around.
  15. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

I don't disagree with this. You still have to know what you are doing though. Regardless, the skill cap required for that is much lower than gadgets in general but still higher than all other power sets using doom spin if that makes sense. I don't have as much respect for gadgets using doom spin as much as I do for gadgets might single target or even flurry shot/stealth if you use it consistently throughout a raid to top the score boards. For me, that is impressive because there's much more margin for error and you really have to know how/when to do certain stuff and clip properly, more clipping over longer period of time=more margin for error/higher skill. With doom spin there ain't anything skillful clipping 1-6 one time to front load your damage just so you could top it off with broken doom spin. I say broken, relatively that is when you compare it to anything else with weapons and probably like 95% of might powers in the right hands
  16. Terri Ashra Committed Player

I take it you're just against gadgets at this point lol. Jsyk mental and rage can perform better and nature stomps rn. Everything is dependent on what you do and how you do it. Doom spin is performing well but that's only with the right setup and in situations where adds or the boss is gathered around the tank and dont block. That being said, this thread is about doomspin, not about other powers. If that's your issue then please just make a different thread where you'll be refuted and rebuffed and then well get to more pointless "balance" discussions and ruin more and more peoples playstyles again and again in true DCUO fashion.
  17. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

No, Mental doesn't perform better than Gadgets, or even comparably. I'm not sure who keeps listing mental as OP but unless you're literally only using Invis to bushwhack people in the PVP phase, it's pretty dismal. You'll notice that no one ever posts videos of how well it's doing because - amazingly enough - it's not doing well.

Nature, well, the entire Harvest DOT cycle is, in fact, actively producing between 25% and 66% more damage post-split than it *should* be producing, if it were splitting like everything else. That took me fifteen minutes and a calculator to verify. It's not "broke" because one guy posted a high output video on youtube - it's actually producing more damage than it should, in theory, be producing, according to the way that 95% of everything else in the game works.

And you'll notice I'm not the one dropping balance threads, and maybe also that this thread isn't called "overly forgiving burst damage only rotation", it's called "here are two tests using broken powers to verify how broke this weapon is". So, with that said my question to you is this : Did we hit a nerve?
    • Like x 1
  18. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

The problem with doom spin is it's long spin am. The devs said the dmg is intended for how long the animation in. People say it's not that good because u get interrupted a lot. Well I don't get interrupted at all not even from adds or bosses blocking. In fact while in domspining I have so.much time to open my inv and change my clipable trinkets. Nice job with the long am devs haha doomspin is off it's rocker big time. U can see a block coming u range out of spin in 0sec u see ur weapon buff at 50% cool down u range out of spin in 0sec. The dmg intended for how long the spin is makes me laugh. but I'm enjoying the crazy dmg output of is intended doomspin. Enjoy it while it last people it is going to get fixed
  19. Terri Ashra Committed Player

Yeah totally. I make $120k a year, have a house with 50 acres of land that's paid off. 2 cars I've always wanted, a dodge ram 3500, 2 bikes and will get paid to go anywhere in the continental US.

Obviously this game is my life... Time to cry because someone online was upset.
    • Like x 1
  20. CCPONCHO Well-Known Player

If you ever need a part time butler like Jeffrey from the fresh prince please send a pm.....:) lol
    • Like x 1