So, Doom Spin Non-Mastery will get fixed?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Xibo, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Terri Ashra Committed Player

Lol I'm not home enough to need that and maintaining the house is the gfs job xP Thanks for the offer though
  2. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Well, here you are.

At any rate.
    • Like x 3
  3. Terri Ashra Committed Player

Thanks for stating the obvious. You know what. You have convinced me. They definitely need to nerf doomspin now for your sake. It's just numbers on a game and if it's that big of an issue that you're going to put in all this effort for whatever reason then maybe it'll just be a kindness so you can spend time on yourself and your situation.
    I hope you get the help you need. Enjoy the game while it last. It's probably going to get shutdown one day and when/if it does, I hope you have people who care about you to get you through it.
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Lol you probably don’t even have all the stuff you claimed you have. Regardless of wether you do or don’t you are here talking trash on a video game forum with the rest of us.

People here complain about doom spin because they were beat by a doom spinner. But that goes for the majority of the community in this game. People get beat by something so they whine and complain. They get beat again by the same thing and they cry that that thing is broken and they should nerf what ever just beat them.

Instead of asking for nerfs just get better at your power. And if you’re using a power that can’t do damage than why not ask for that power to be buffed instead of asking for everything else in the game to be nerfed down to the ground
    • Like x 1
  5. Terri Ashra Committed Player

I'll let you in on a secret. I know how to buy stuff and earn money. The problem however is that I dont get to spend time with the people I want to and so if things are tough or there's a ****** situation that I can't be home to take care of then it stresses me out a bit and I try to play games to distract from ********.

Money isn't everything but it does let you buy stuff especially when you dont waste it trying to get the newest, most expensive things you can find and instead go for value and reliability.

If they nerf it or not it doesn't matter. I was actually on the anti nerf side until Kimone just had to be hypocritical then I just decided screw it, this is silly. It's a bad idea to invest to much into this and arguing against things that are outside of your control.
  6. ALB Dedicated Player

Is DW 1h hitting these numbers? Seriously asking.
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I can with nature lol. But as I said in the other post, nature is a power that is perfect for long fights but very spotty for fast fights. I don’t think nature is broken (except for roar). It’s just geared more towards elite runs. Not the best for players who don’t run elite regularly lol
  8. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

My doomspin loadout with earth is getting 2mil in 60sec single. Without a pet or using supercharge or aný buffs not even using supply drop or anything. It would be way more if I had a troll around. Strat card 200 and venom 200 trans 160
  9. ALB Dedicated Player

Nvm. That's about average
  10. Xibo Loyal Player

Nice video, but he's getting these numbers with a Supercharge.
  11. ALB Dedicated Player

That's a might advantage. Prec can hit SC like that. Only might.
    Your answer is no? DW st can't get those numbers?
  12. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Gadgets probably can get those numbers with st. The only reason nature might base can is simply because powers are not inline with weapons. Weapons become even more powerful with the right op power for it. A broken power only makes an over powered weapon even more op. But it all starts with might base powers that are not being fixed. All powers need a big 1 year full blown power pass and same with weapons. The game is done there is nothing the devs can do anymore about this. And that why u will never see PvP in the game ever again. The devs have to make a whole new dcuo 2 to get the bugs down to normal. The way dcuo 1 was designed would take the team 3 years to get balance back to normal. Better off making dcuo 2.
  13. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

It’s been like this for ages, I remember when celestial was first released and all the HL users started complaining lol lol
    • Like x 2
  14. DCspawn87 Well-Known Player

You said a whole mouthful of Ice Cold Mikes Hard Lemonade facts with that lol. Its amazing how people complain about stuff that they are not using. Nobody heard a peep from anyone that was clownboxing their way to the Epic Odyssey feat. No one mentioned anything about the numerous times that Quantum Tunnelling was used as an exploit to beat SM or Throne of the Dead. Now might DPS are losing to prec and everyone has lost their minds. They need to get over it.
    • Like x 1
  15. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Exactly, I don’t even used doomed spin, but I definitely don’t want it nerfed
  16. IzzyLizzard dcuo Level 30

This might old news and I didn’t want to start a new thread. This one is the closest to what I have to say.

I don’t think regular doom spin needs to be fixed, but it is backwards. From brawling you can combo into a “high damage version of doom spin” this move does NOT do more damage than regular doom spin, so I say it’s not broken it’s just backwards, people are getting the mastery version of doom spin damage from regular version and regular doom spin damage from the mastery version.

This needs to be fixed. Unless this is intended, if so, I wonder how many other weapon mastery combos are backwards? So we can do the regular combo and get the high damage versions damage.

Thank you for reading. If this is the wrong place to post please direct me to where i take my grievance.
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The thing about doom spin that people aren’t getting is that weapon mastery is not a thing anymore. That was part of the AM days. Now they are just cross weapon combos the difference between the two is that AM and weapon mastery the enhanced versions had to do more damage. Now they are just regular weapons that you can choose to go into. Just because a combo goes from one weapon I to a other doesn’t mean it has to do more damage. I believe the devs said that the time it takes to execute is what determines the damage.

Other weapons do need a buff but I don’t think the game should backtrack into buffing cross weapon combos just because they are going through 2 weapons
  18. Great Architect Loyal Player

This is why I take issue with ObsidianChill's builds. They perform well with no response, but you really need to hope when the clip-heavy interruptible builds are on your bar.

Every power excels with no response. And it's not just your loadout - it's how you have prepared for it. Max Damage vs. Empowered Channelling? Core Strength vs. Penetrating Strikes? Tumbling Master vs Explosive Block.

Super Speed? Flight? Acrobatics?

You can minimax against a static target all you like, but it's only Alerts and up that demonstrate the strengths and weaknesses of your build.
  19. Schimaera Devoted Player

Most builds are targeted for competitive play in competitive content (i.e. everything lower than raids doesn't really count).

So arguments like stun->interrupt->block->counter->counter don't really work. I'm 100% vulnerable to interrupt with natures might st loadout (since I don't have SA at 200 yet) and I basically can maintain ranged rotations with almost full uptime (minus mechanics you have to respond to).
    Same goes for melee stuff. Yes, there are some vulneratbilities in there but even with them, these loadouts usually still come out top even with getting blocked. Also mainly because breakout takes like one second.

Long story short, I can't really remember a loadout in the recent past that was absolutely bonkers on sparring targets but super bad in content.

For the rest it's almost simple (take it with a wink ;) )

Max Damage / Emp. Channeling: If you don't have Solar Amp 200 and you have more than one channel on your loadout -> EC, otherwise MD
    Explosive Block/Tumbling Master: Never needed EB in a good group since it's irrelevant as long as you don't have a boss lunging at you, the non-tank. It's more Tumbling Master for everything except Whirling Dervish clips with Dashing Combos.
    Core Strength / Penetrating Strikes: I thought CS was still buggy? If so, PS.
    Flight/Acro/Superspeed: never unless you wanna exploit non-grounding boss fights /depends on how you wanna dps.

:-D