So, Doom Spin Non-Mastery will get fixed?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Xibo, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Xibo Loyal Player

67k damage on 3 targets. Intended?

2. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

By fixed, you mean nerfed to be totally useless like staff, shield, WM smokebomb, and Talon strike? Lmao
    • Like x 5
  3. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Using doom spin with rage berserk supercharge is game breaking. Berserk is over performing to begin with. Mepps already said doom spin dmg is intended for how long the am is. Yes I agree iv been using this weapon and it is way out of line. Basic attacks do way more dmg than wm. In the solo the boss can't even get up he is koed 6sec which mean I can ko him without weapon buff in 12sec if I wanted to
  4. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

I'm really suprised this weapon made it off test like this. It doesn't even need cog artifact at all. It gets no prec buff from ur health using doom spin yet it beats everyone else by 16% by just doom spinning. No work needed at all no skill points needed either just straight cheese. Don't even need skill
  5. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

yeah, try using it on Bane. Or the Giant Metal Bat. Or the Shadow Golem. Or...

I'll wait.

Spoiler alert - unless your entire loadout is "Shields"? You're gonna die.

A lot.

It's a high output combo, but the single target damage is fairly dismal (like 25-30K), it's a 100% melee combo (which means no ranged use at all), and to make it do THAT kind of damage?

You're usually running a character with 0% Might back end, backing it up with all-Precision augments, a Weapons Boost, VWD, Omega, top-end Flex, at least 250 SP, with 200 of it in Prec alone, all top-end gear, and probably also Robot and Grim.

I know because I run a very similar build on Galea.

You're not getting 67K consistently, period - neither is he, though getting it back-to-back on a couple rotations was impressive. You're still omitting the 44K bottom end on that little fellow there. I'll run an average when I get back from lunch.

Realistically, optimal conditions Doom Spin tops out around 55-60K, in Test Conditions ONLY, and in actual fighting is outputting closer to 40-50K, again, only at ground zero range. Rage as the base powerset probably adds to that, a bit. Rage has a very forgiving Might side, which supports good Hybrid output, but Berserk isn't going to be a consistent output contributor because you're only gonna be capable of using it 1-2 times in a big fight. Plus all the other problems Berserk has.

But yeah, it's very impressive on a sparring target.
    • Like x 9
  6. ALB Dedicated Player

I've seen atomic might AOE do more damage than doom spin
    • Like x 2
  7. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

so have I.

Pure Might Muni, Earth, some HL players (usually against small numbers or in single-target focused content) and even the occasional "weird" Hybrid / Might combos still beat Galea. She's not *quite* decked all the way out, but she's close enough.

Then again, I actually use it as a combo in real play situations, instead of just looking up curated sparring target results from the premier player tester in the game who is currently using top-end everything, and basing my opinion on that alone, so...
    • Like x 2
  8. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

oh god, the single target damage on it is .... well, it's faster than punching stuff to death.

I mean it shines in certain settings, I like Doom Spin because it's actually a pretty decent combo and it changes the way I can play the game so I'm definitely enjoying it. It's a Precision Melee answer to the aggressive, fast-paced Earth Jackhammer DPS style; I haven't been able to do THAT since like, peak WM. But it's definitely not doing THAT, Everywhere.
  9. zor ile Well-Known Player

working as intended
  10. Xibo Loyal Player

So, Weapon Mastery is supposed to does more damage than Weapon Combos, when, in fact, it does not and i could invest in Precision Artifacts and spam Doom Spin in any content without even touch the buff weapon.
    • Like x 1
  11. gemii Dedicated Player

i use it on all my alt seasonal toons lol
    • Like x 2
  12. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Here we go again. Someone people get beat by someone doing something different and now that different thing has to be nerfed...

Doom spin is strong yes but it’s not game breaking. There are plenty of might powers that do just as much damage. And just because it does a lot of damage on sparring targets doesn’t mean it will do a lot of damage in game. If you use it in elite you will most likely spend as much time getting picked up than doing damage. If you use it on reg raids than you will do great damage.. as long as you don’t have competent dps to burn with you. If you do than the adds will die fast and you won’t be getting as much damage because of the time to get into doom spin. You could use it in alert and be great but who cries about alerts?

But sure. Let’s need everything to the ground. And why don’t we just make all dps powers reskins of each other so that no power will be better than anything else.
    • Like x 3
  13. Xibo Loyal Player

Atomic is TOP dps along with Rage, Earth, Nature and Hard Light and it's very effective with enemies with low health.
  14. ALB Dedicated Player

So why is it ok for those might powers to produce those numbers but not doom spin?
  15. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

It's ok for powers to do that kinda of dmg becaùse powers did not get a power pass fix yet. Powers all across the board are out of line and some are straight up over powered. It's not ok for doom spin to be 16% more dmg out than wm and all other weapons on the board. Especially without having to stack in health for more prec. Don't worry a power pass is coming next and that one will take a whole year to do. Not like the weapon pass
    • Like x 1
  16. ALB Dedicated Player

So continue to make nerf weapon threads, but let the powers do their thing on its own? This will be the second weapon that players will complain about. Where is the outrage over powrrs?
    • Like x 2
  17. ALB Dedicated Player

Fyi, only a few powers need a buff, and that's sorcery and Mental. The SCs need balancing
    • Like x 2
  18. Illumin411 Loyal Player

On unless you have a tank who keeps aggro and CC and a troll CCing as well, you know, how most raids work.
    • Like x 2
  19. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

The irony of gadgets players complaining about other people's damage is astounding. Let's get a rage player in here too...
    • Like x 7
  20. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Yeah, they work like "chug chug chug, damage damage damage **** I LOST AGGRO GAIZ" *scrambling, live gopher in a chippervac sound effect, 4 dead DPS, Galea in a corner hiding in a shield trying to pickup the tank*

Not a paragon of reliable damage output...
    • Like x 1