Snyderverse-an unpopular opinion

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Quantum Edge, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Controller Devoted Player

Interestingly enough, I do think Ben Affleck has some "Charlton Heston" in him...

I found his and Jeremy Renner's performance in "The Town" to be a standout performance.

[IMG]

Renner was a cold-blooded dude in that movie, lol.....GREAT performance....just an inhuman presence in that movie.

This is why I do hope Ben continues in the Snyderverse somehow - along with Rob Pattinson's Batman.

Perhaps these two can cross paths in a "Flashpoint" kind of way.

While I "LOVED" Rob Pattinson's Batman I don't know if he can lead Zach Snyder's Justice League like Ben Affleck can.

[IMG]
  2. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Jack Nicholson has it too. It's funny, if you watch Rebel Without a Cause, he has a really small role as a gang member. Even in the background, you can't help but watch him. He's got this presence, you watch him thinking, that guy's going to do something, I just know it. it wasn't until later that I realized it was a very young Nicholson.
    • Like x 1
  3. Controller Devoted Player

[IMG]

Never stop believing, Baby.
    • Like x 1
  4. Controller Devoted Player

[IMG]

Wayne T. Carr.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. Controller Devoted Player

Granted...there is no "Official" word YET buuuutt...............
    • Like x 1
  6. Controller Devoted Player

• Like x 1
  7. Critical Massacre Committed Player

I hope the discovery buy out pays off.
    • Like x 1
  8. Controller Devoted Player

What I just posted is "JUST" the tip of the iceberg.....

There is a LOT of "chatter" out there about what's to come....what has happened already - with the shift of The Flash and Aquaman II movies.....

My best guess is to keep your ears peeled for the next couple of months, until the merger is officially done.
  9. Ergotth Committed Player

My issue with Snyder is the sheer arrogance of his fanboys to match how just PRETENTIOUS his style feels. After Watchmen it feels like he was DESPERATE to recreate that in BvS and JL, resulting in a boring, confusing and unnecessarily BLEAK mess of a story that really could use more care and love for the characters. Nobody needs Superman to be brooding all the time, nobody wanted Luthor to be this complete weirdo and literaly NOBODY though Justice League needed to be in black and white!

Snyder... you were directing a movie about a bunch of muscleheads in thights fighting aliens, YOU'RE NOT ALFRED HITCHCOCK!!!

At this point, WB should just take the Disney Route and adapt to Live Action their Animated movies, word by word, this time. Embelish if the movie is less than 2h-long, but don't be BLIND to how your animated movies are so obviously superior in everything and just... put in live action! Get directors who are humble and won't try to mess up just so they have their names as the most important part. Thats where Marvel got it right: Their directors respected the material, they didn't try to force their aesthetic so the movie is known as "their" movie. James Gunn EARNED his name in Guardians of the Galaxy, Snyder did not in Justice League.
    • Like x 1
  10. Controller Devoted Player

James Gunn rode the tidal wave that was already a growing popularity in Marvel Movies. He hopped on the surfboard. He didn't create the wave NOR the board itself.

James Gunn is talented - I give you that. But he came in and simply rode the tidal wave while on DC's SIDE they were looking for a whipping boy and they tried to pin that on Zach Snyder.

DC and Marvel are two DIFFERENT styles. Marvel is all sunny and clear....DC is a bit darker with more mature story lines. See that "Darkseid murders Dan Turpin" I've posted on here many times.

Darkseid chose WISELY when he vaporized Dan Turpin. Dan was someone who had power and respect of the people as a Police Detective AND was close to Superman.

He also exhibited courage and leadership.

Darkseid chose well with his Omega Beam target....something that the writers could do to FINALLY start HUMANIZING Superman.

If you look closely at the buildup to that shocking scene from roughly 30 years ago it introduced Orion and the New Gods and ALSO set in motion a conflict between Superman and Darkseid that would go on to spill over in the JLU series and even up to NOW....

DC "Humanized" Superman with Darkseid....showed Superman in a mindless rage....showed the VENGEANCE side of Superman when he actually WENT to Apokolips BY HIMSELF to exact revenge on Darkseid for Dan Turpin's murder...

Mad God? Superman? Reckless Superman?

You betcha.

THIS is what Zach Snyder is trying to bring to the DC Big Screen. Maybe not with another Dan Turpin but the similar story line and buildup.

Darkseid bloodied, pounded and humiliated Superman...taunted him....unlike he'd EVER experienced before.....but left himself open and Supes got in a lucky eye-block that defeated him.

Even THEN - after Darkseid was broken and defeated, he STILL did not yield to Superman NOR did his people...calling Darkseid "Master" and rebuffing Superman's weak offerings of "Freedom"....

'You're FREE??" LOOL you Blue Boyscout where were the slaves going to go? Chucky Cheese?

Even THANOS has no followers like this NOR is he cunning like Darkseid. Thanos doesn't command that kind of obedience.

LOOOL.

BRILLIANT writing and dialogue here....LOVED the Legendary Michael Ironside as Darkseid.

This is what Zach is trying to bring to the Big Screen and I think Mr. David Zaslav is about to let him do THANKFULLY.

And Lex a complete weirdo? Lool too late for that.

THAT classic offering was from Superman Returns, 2006.

Mr. Zach Snyder HAD to put his name on HIS Justice League movie after Joss Whedon didn't do so well with the "other" one.

[IMG]

As my man Chris Pine said in the legendary Star Trek 2009 -

[IMG]

[IMG]

Great time to be DC.

Should also make for some interesting and engaging DLC's for DCUO for the next few years as well.
  11. Controller Devoted Player

12. Controller Devoted Player

Al least Zach Snyder's Lex Luthor doesn't yell at kids while they sit on their mom's laps lol.

You do YOU, Mr. Snyder.
  13. Controller Devoted Player

14. Controller Devoted Player

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Thank you, Zach Snyder - especially with the DARK-SUITED Superman....harkening back to his Kryptonian roots.

Here's hoping that he STAYS Black suit.
    • Like x 1
  15. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Don't get me started on his colour palette, or lack thereof. There is something to be said for using a grey filter, if I remember correctly Spielberg used it effectively in the opening scene of Saving Private Ryan to convey the dreamlike state the troops at Normandy must have felt.
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

During the holidays I happened to be shopping at Target, and they had two versions of Superman in the silver/black outfit. One was the JL movie figure, one was based on the animated series. I looked at them side by side and just found myself wondering, "How the heck do you desaturate black and white?!" when looking at the movie figure. LOL
    • Like x 1
  17. Controller Devoted Player

I believe it's moreso Mr. Snyder's boldness in trying to separate us from "Marvelism".........

DC characters ARE different from Marvel and Zach's portraying that heroically.

For Zach to go all "Sunny and Happy and Bright" like the On-Screen iterations we've seen from Marvel that would be betraying the brand.

This doesn't mean that it's all Dark and Gloomy in Zach's world....in Zach Snyder's Justice League there were SEVERAL occasions of brightness and positivity - especially with Zach getting the opportunity to tell Cyborg's story AND Flash's.....but THEN folks accused him of taking too long to do it in a four-hour movie LOOL.

Zach Snyder is the quintessential Rodney Dangerfield of our time.

[IMG]

Love ya, Zach...and I believe Mr. David Zaslav does too.
  18. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I get the colour scheme as an artistic choice. After awhile it numbs the visual senses, you stop seeing any colour and there's little difference between that and a black and white version...>cough<
  19. Controller Devoted Player

...but once you watch the movie (Zach Snyder's Justice League) you'll see just how colorful and diverse each character is.

Folks get too hung up on what they see instead of researching, critiquing and seeing things for themselves.

We look too much into symbology like Zach Snyder's and shut down - which is too bad.

We all too often come into something with an already preset mindset and that hurts us sometimes.

Look no further than the CLASSIC ACTUAL CROSS-OVER comic between our Justice League and the Avengers - it is QUITE TELLING that Captain America himself - upon meeting the JLA for the first time thought of them as fascists lol.

[IMG]

So that's that.

Again - for Mr. Zach Snyder to strive to separate The Justice League into their OWN identity is NEEDED and appreciated, at least by ME.

We are NOT the Avengers and I don't believe Mr. George Perez meant it to be, either.
  20. Controller Devoted Player

By the way - the Russo Brothers (Marvel Cinema) and James Gunn and Zach Snyder NEED to get together in a few years and do a CROSSOVER on the BIG SCREEN........