Snyderverse-an unpopular opinion

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Quantum Edge, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Controller Devoted Player

The COMICAL thing is that - for the LONGEST TIME - they claimed it DIDN'T exist, lol...

Then-

[IMG]

Out of THIN AIR The BEAUTIFUL SNYDER CUT appears! And David Copperfield blushes.
  2. Controller Devoted Player

[IMG]

Just sayin, lol....

Dude on right looks like he's got mashed potatoes on his chin - painted with skin color lol.

Dude on the LEFT looks FIERCE....like a KRYPTONIAN JUGGERNAUT ready to liberate Earth.

Hey don't blame ME lol.
    • Like x 1
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

"Release the Snyder Cut."

An extended campaign consisting of the digital equivalent of crying, stamping their feet, begging, pouting and (if reports are right) threatening WB/DC to release the film. The only thing missing was threats to hold their breath until they were blue in the face.

And they gave in.
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Estimates put it around $70 million to finish the Snyder Cut.

Not exactly "almost no investment" and hardly something that came into being out of thin air.
  5. Controller Devoted Player

You quote how much it cost to produce Snyder Cut.

How much has it BROUGHT IN, though?

LOOK - I'm ESTATIC that Rob Pattinson's Batman did well. Personally I loved the movie.

Why can't you be happy that Snyder Cut was MUCH better?

There's no "I" in TEAM but there IS an "I" in your name, Will;):)
  6. Controller Devoted Player

You left out the underlined.

Us "Rabid and out of control Snyderverse Fans" DO support worthy causes. And those misguided souls threatening WB / DC numbered ONLY A FEW.....

Hey - at the end of the day all we want is GOOD STUFF with a STORY....you know, sorta like MARVEL

[IMG]

We don't want a half-hearted slew of SOLO movies that are not connected in some way......

Disney Marvel has NICE THINGS....

Why can't DC / WB have THE SAME?
  7. Controller Devoted Player

8. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Watched the 1978 Superman on the weekend, and I was struck by a story detail that appears in both this movie, and Man of Steel that I think shows Snyder's fundamental misunderstanding of Superman as a character. The death of Jonathan Kent. In the Reeve movie, Pa Kent has a heart attack and dies. Clark realizes that even with all of his powers, there are some things he can't stop, and he's going to lose people he loves. This humbles him, even before he puts on the blue suit.

Pa Kent's death in Man of Steel is a purely selfish affair, one could argue it was a father sacrificing himself for his son, but Superman moves so fast he could have easily whisked Jonathan out of the tornado's path (not to mention the doggo). Superman let's his father die, so he won't lose his secret identity.
  9. Controller Devoted Player

And you see how the few people around Clark in MoS reacted when he displayed his powers (the kids on the school bus - even YEARS later after that happened) - reacted.

Zach Snyder nailed it.

AGAIN - he brought Modern Day reactions to someone like Clark Kent / Kal El and folks don't want to accept it.

There were DOZENS of people under that bridge.....with Instagram, Facebook, etc, etc - don't you think people would've freaked out EVEN THOUGH Clark could've saved his dad in MoS?

Once the shock of what they saw subsided - then what?

So Clark saves his dear old dad...and the dog...folks are in shock at what they saw. Now you have THESE SAME FOLKS congregating at the Kent house hold.......asking questions.....asking WHY.....asking Clark if he can help them with THEIR OWN PROBLEMS...

Welcome to 2022....where we can barely keep secrets IN REAL LIFE much less try to portray them on a movie screen, lol.
  10. Controller Devoted Player

Again - some folks here in the forums want to blame Zach Snyder for putting out there how "WE" as humans ACT nowadays...

This ain't 1978. This is 2022.

Before we criticize Zach we should look in the mirror.
  11. Controller Devoted Player

Supposedly the writers of Superman TAS wanted Darkseid to kill Clark's PARENTS as well as Dan Turpin here in this CLASSIC Cartoon series.

Folks die....things happen...in Real Life, too.

This was 1998, IIRC. There was no uproar about this scene back then. Not sure how / why we've become so sensitive to things NOW.......

Zach is too real for some but I love his stuff. There's enough sunshine in his material for ME personally.

If folks want all sunshine and feel goods then go watch Thor Love and Thunder.
  12. Controller Devoted Player

13. Controller Devoted Player

Gee.....some "Superhero" fans you guys / gals are, lol...

Yesterday was - evidently - "Superman Day".....hence the Superman Ally we have the option of obtaining now, I suppose.

Zach Snyder represents here.
  14. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Ezra Miller is certainly making the flash movie next year problematic.
  15. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I like Henry's take on superman, just not happy with the movies he's been put in.
    • Like x 1
  16. Controller Devoted Player

Well said. My thoughts exactly.
  17. Controller Devoted Player

Good write up on ZSJL and an underrated character in Cyborg as well as the actor Ray Fisher.

I hope to see Ray Fisher's Cyborg going forward - as well as that movie that got cancelled.
    • Like x 1
  18. Professor Stealth New Player

With BvS, I will always enjoy Zach's version of Batman being a jaded ronin type who was going to make the death of Superman his final hoorah for a legacy until he found hope in Superman and changed his ways. I may not find the entire film perfect, but that's quite the sunshine outlook.
    • Like x 1
  19. Controller Devoted Player

You should see the ULTIMATE version of BvS. It is quite the improvement. It's crazy that they don't play THAT version on network TV.....

The Batman in that movie was already jaded due to the death of Robin at the hands of Joker. He'd fought the Good Fight all his life....fought HIS way...and then this god falls out of the sky in Superman....

You can sense the hatred he has for Joker in this classic end scene:

Jared Leto is such an AWESOME Joker.

I think Zach Snyder did a MARVELOUS job modernizing these heroes and heroines. And that is QUITE the motley crew that Batfleck has assembled at the end of that scene.
    • Like x 1
  20. Professor Stealth New Player

Funny you should mention the Ultimate Cut, as that was the version I was talking about. :) (It's the only version I watch and consider the true film. Anytime I have someone ask me to watch it with I always point toward that one.)

If you want to support Snyderverse fans, I know a channel called DuckMilkProd that has scene breakdowns and daily livestreams addressing critic reviews of BvS in a civil, thoughtful manner.
    • Like x 1