Server Hotfix - May 20, 2014

Discussion in 'Live Update Notes' started by Mepps, May 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BumblingB I got better.

I'm a step beyond whine. I'm really mad. So much so I'm about to the point I want to delete my alts. Every single one of them. Saves me money and free time working on one character. I can then just be like the people who they caved to and say "There isn't anything to do because I like to replay the same content 50x in a day and maxed my gear out." Yep, I'm beyond whine.

Also, these changes have been in the works for a long time now, but all the while they were reassuring us they are thinking about everyone. NOPE! It's sudden cut off. I bet soon we wont have the gold account bound jewelry. Yep, what's the point of giving us feat sharing? You wont have alts to play with them on.

Yes, I'm mad. Hardcore players had loot not in the game that they screamed and created threads about, but God forbid I want to work on alts.
    • Like x 5
  2. StarSurfer New Player

3. BumblingB I got better.

Did you hit send by accident?
    • Like x 2
  4. Too Many Toons Dedicated Player

*dislike* if not only for levelling alts...now can't get style feat pieces from other toons.
    • Like x 2
  5. StarSurfer New Player

My Firefox hasn't been working right since the last update....sorry 'bout that. I'm using IE for the moment to make my post...

I was just gonna say that without being able to trade those styles, I would have never been able to complete them for the feats. My main has the WORST luck with the RNG system, so luckily a couple of alts were able to get them for my main. I never have used them for stats for my alts; like others have said, the Catwoman solo is good enough for doing this.

If there's a re-vote on this, my vote is an emphatic NO.
    • Like x 5
  6. MercPony Devoted Player

If you read my other comment on this thread, you'd have noticed I think its strange overall they are fixing this :p "This is interesting" was written in the form of intrigue, not support.
    • Like x 2
  7. Too Many Toons Dedicated Player

oh yeah only quoted you cuz you had quoted the piece of interest to me...& seems from other comments, most others.
    • Like x 1
  8. The Equalizer Well-Known Player

Absolutely spot on. Exactly how I feel about how things are right now.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  9. The Equalizer Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  10. SilverBullet Dedicated Player

When are you going to have the major bugs fixed. random freezing, sound bug and, it causes freezing. Combat mechanics btween npcs and, human players. There is more I would be here all day filling this page up. I am done spending money on this game until you can wipe out enough bugs so, I can start enjoying this game again. I'm sure I'm not the only person that would like this to happen. I forgot to say the bug in the jsa hq in strike has made it's way to the prime raid.
    • Like x 1
  11. Drathmor Unwavering Player

my guess would be this was implemented to further slow down CR jumping along with closing off the wastelands as you could hit 30 and buy gear from broker to skip several lvls of content. but I agree it makes the dlc less valuable to people who don't PVP
    • Like x 2
  12. MentosTroll Loyal Player

Remember when they allowed feats to be shareable to alts? This is the price we pay.
    I have a feeling that other ways to speed level alts will be next on the chopping block.
  13. quirkers Well-Known Player

I am rather disappointed with the "Uncommon rewards are no longer tradable" :(

So yeah, I think I am also done with alts. In these past two weeks, I was actually considering buying more character slots. Whew, boy I am glad I didn't.

Anyway, alts helped me to understand other powers better, learning different styles of healing, entertaining me while in between dlc, taking breaks from t5/t6 grind for marks, and feat grinding.

I also passed the loot around to alts to gather styles, then circle back to my main for salvaging.

I think a better way to help lessen unskilled trollers, healers, tanks, and dpses would be a two-level tutorial/instance/solo where you have to learn how to debuff, throw PoT, refresh, HoT, grab aggro and well, you get the gist of it. Similar to the tutorial when you get your deed, WatchTower Tour (which at this point I can't stand, won't mind feat unlocking this), first time briefing collection.

However, unlike the latter tutorials, they can be interactive and repeated if they are a solo instance. It can even be a league duo instance, where a leaguemate can bring in someone to learn.

Being an instance can allow for refresher courses for different power/role types. Heck make it a separate feat. Do 10 troller solos instances and get a 10 point feat, do 10 tank solo instanceanother 10 and etc... Might help people understand other roles as well.

I know the idea of a tutorial for roles isn't a new idea, but there are a ton of solo instances in dcuo. Take existing solos, rehash them, tweak them a bit, or even make it a one room instance. Call them the Learn Your Roles solos. First one, they are required, after that associate them with feats.

Sorry for rambling on:oops:

P.S. I have more alts than what I have listed on my sig.
    • Like x 3
  14. Kai El Well-Known Player

You all are mad because the Devs are preventing lower level players from power-leveling to endgame content w/ low SPs & now you can't power-level your ALTs because you're starting to get bored with your mains?

Well, it's official : People will find anything to complain about.
    • Like x 3
  15. Zim New Player

I could care less about alts, shared skill points did that. All you people who are now suddenly against walking in players and trading gear around, are the same very people who were FOR shared skill points. So now you got all your alts up to par so lets ruin it for the rest. Makes zero sense to me, the whole lot of u.

On a more important note..... When will safe house recovery get fixed?
    • Like x 2
  16. Crimson Jonni New Player

Ive literally never thought of a reason i'd need to buy it. I never knew how important it was but i guess i can assume it was probably at the bottom for most important dlc? Heck whenever im legendary i dont even know what to do with the feats for it cause its so strange. Idk
  17. BrainWrecker Level 30

I hope soon, but i dont think they will bring it back. Im saying this based on their no-answer position on threads, where everyone make questions and they never say a word.

One more note.. Now that they are taking all the ways to level up alts fast, the only good point on buy feats is that we dont have to kill 500 cc bounties again :p
    • Like x 2
  18. BrainWrecker Level 30

19. PVP360 New Player

95% of the items in this game are untradeable....oops...sorry now its 96%
  20. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

When I went back to premium the last laugh DLC I did not purchase since I don't do PVP, and I don't use shield. Since I pretty much completed Lighting strikes I did not buy it either. So I also don't care about the feats for PVP styles since I don't do PVP. You don't miss what you can't achieve or do.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.