Server Hotfix - May 20, 2014

Discussion in 'Live Update Notes' started by Mepps, May 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sbel Devoted Player

Why? o_O Were people getting into Kahndaq too fast? :rolleyes:

Why don't you make them level 30 and tradable or lvl 60 and not tradable, instead of making them completely useless?
    • Like x 1
  2. The_fair_1 Committed Player

Well good to know that that $10 for LL I spent was for nothing but a weapon I don't even use.
    • Like x 6
  3. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

... and the rediculously low chance to get 2 SP from the vault for completing three sets, which never drop. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 8
  4. MercPony Devoted Player

Oh, didn't think about it this way. While I don't think the gear was 100% needed for boosting alts, the fact of the styles is a valid point.
    • Like x 4
  5. iSolar Well-Known Player

Thank you!!! Omg thank you a million times. :D
  6. iLLusion New Player

When it comes to DLC 4, I guess the Joker indeed had the Last Laugh.
    • Like x 16
  7. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Well - there still are all those trade-able level 52-64 purple iconics. They're pretty rare, but usually available on broker, ranging in price from 100k to 3mill a piece (USPC). I just made an alt with instant CR 60 (before modding) at level 30, last week. So, yeah - you can still "exploit" as long as you're Legendary...
    • Like x 3
  8. Notangie New Player

Sssshhhhhhhhhh. Keep it quiet or they'll take that away too.
    • Like x 6
  9. Valsmurf Loyal Player

except your alt cant do that instance until t's t3 or cr 53. the green gear being tradeable helped get to cr 53 so that you could do what you suggest.
    • Like x 6
  10. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

So is any of this gear that is being locked available on the vendor in the Watchtower? Just makes me wonder if they are locking it to force people to buy it from that vendor in order to get the feats now- instead of being able to buy them from the broker.
  11. TheLoneLantern New Player

Technically those styles drop in Novice FoS2, so a free player can still complete those w/o needing any DLC. That's how I got the angelic back when I was f2p.

If I'm assuming correctly the styles you're talking about, they are also sold in the Hall of Heroes for marks of valor (150 per piece i think). You still need the LL DLC to buy them, but atleast you do not need to rely on lucky vault runs.
  12. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Nope, but buying/farming the iconic gear from Arkham Asylum, Oan Sciencecells, Strykers etc. will get you right there without using any loopholes in the system. It's just one option, too.
  13. RapidRay Committed Player

The Remora and Barbarian style drops in Shady are DPS versions unlike the Tank or Controller ones found elsewhere in the game. They were added so that EVERY role could complete the styles.
    The Angelic style was included because the back piece was ONLY available in the Valentine's seasonal content in year one and, as the event hasn't been seen since, made at least possible to complete the style.

If the devs feel that the level of these items is too high and being abused, the might also want tore-evaluate the Catwoman solo mission as well. Getting up to 5 differet LVL 52 DPS items on a single run by talking to Willy the Snitch when you hit level 30? Quickest spot to level in the entire game.
    • Like x 1
  14. BumblingB I got better.

You know, I forgot that these were added to the duo to appease players that didn't want to grind a weekly lockout from the FOS2 novice version of the raid. That's true, now we don't have that route anymore unless you own the DLC or Legendary. That is very disappointing. Probably going to see Angelic on the Vendor Unit 22 for 70 marks of fury soon, now huh? UGH!
    • Like x 1
  15. BumblingB I got better.

I'm actually surprised they never touched those. That was the very old way of leveling alts. They are much more costly on the broker and I have used them. Some of my alts have iconic styles that even my main doesn't have. lol But it's only due time. That's why I'm done leveling alts. If I found another method of getting there, they will just remove it. Like I said, they don't think about players with alts. They just care about the players who have one character they play that whine there are too many newbs at their level, but proceed to replay the heck out of the content then say it is too easy and there is nothing to do.
    • Like x 4
  16. Kirney Slane New Player

[IMG]
  17. Buckley Loyal Player

yes I despise the tom bot and find the comments it makes annoying and stupid. I would swap tom bot in a heartbeat for "Skeets" aka Servo
    • Like x 1
  18. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

That you can still complete them with doing FOS-Novize-raids is correct. But making those styles untradable is still a huge step back, when it comes to feat-completion.
    I remember, that People CELEBRATED the T3-duo for those drops alone, because they FINALLY could get styles complete, which have been part of the game for a very long time allready, and were able to trade them to get some cash, if they got the wrong drops and wanted to buy the pieces they need.

There was a long thread about the difficulty to get those rare styles on the Forums long before they finally introduced them in the duo.

I would have rather seen them lower the stats and keep them tradable.
    I don't understand, why such a massive change and step back is made without asking the community for our alternative ideas first.

Yes, they are technically obtainable with marks, too. But the prices are so high, that they are just not worth if for alts, which have such a low PVP-CR, that they will only get 2-4 marks per match.
    I asked for making them available for PVE-currency too, but didn't get an answer. Raising the droprate in the vault would be much appreciated.

Regarding the influence this change has to alt-leveling:

I agree with those, who say that introducing feat-unlocking on one Hand and CR-locking walk-ins and taking away tradable 42-drops on the other Hand contradict each other.
    Sure there are still loopholes left, as people allready posted here. But what do People expect to happen to those, as soon as SOE takes a closer look at them and sticks to the new "No more shortcuts!"-policy?
    • Like x 2
  19. Mantoe Well-Known Player

It's about time, tired of low levels being in here trying to group with me all the time.
    • Like x 4
  20. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Why? Selling those items were the only reasons why I did the Police Station duo everyday. It was a guaranteed 25,000-300,000 cash. No you taken that away from me... :(

Now the only way to make money is to sell the freaking CC Hood or items that drop from Arkham and Chemicals.
    • Like x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.