Server Hotfix - May 20, 2014

Discussion in 'Live Update Notes' started by Mepps, May 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lantern Neuro New Player

Alts aside, selling the Shady Nightclub gear was a good way to contribute a little cash to saving up for those Focusing Element VI's that were supposed to be dropping "slightly" more that are going for a mil or so on the broker.
    Sorry, but if I get the gear, have the plans for the mod, and have the exos, I want to mod it now. Not run through the same one instance over and over for a chance at maybe getting the one thing that holds me back, especially when I don't really care for the AF content that much personally in the first place, so the logical alternative is to buy it.
    So limiting avenues to generate money quickly to be able to really enjoy that extra stat bonus that comes from a mod and allows you to progress in the game really effects mains as well. Another example being the hit the prices that collections for base amenities will take when you can buy them in the marketplace.
    It boils down to the all too familiar "buy more replay badges" ploy that we are all so used to by now... but unfortunately we can't "buy more time" when real life limits gaming time.
    • Like x 1
  2. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

All's fine by me. My alt army spams replays. Doesn't cost much to get to T4, and not much more to get to full T5 (especially now with the daily reward boxes on T5). I can go from 0-30/T5 in 2 days with an fresh alt. The price, i've always found, is fair. Now with WM and SP purchases, a new toon can be sitting pretty with 100+ SP and use WM and completely dominate early content. The change to green 42s isn't some huge deal to me. The options to level quickly are still there, but it shouldn't have been so one-sided in the first place. That was SOE's problem and they're only now stepping things up. I also wonder if that means that this latest DLC is proving that people are not funneling from T5 to T6 at the numbers they need to be seeing. I anticipated that much when OC launched, but if the trend continues, further content releases are going to need a big push that just may not happen with the PS3's limitations preventing a shiny new power or weapon addition, etc. (League halls and their functions need to be extra-ordinary now) In the meantime, if SOE is doing what it can to stop the bleeding that's been there, cannot blame 'em one bit and can only encourage them to keep it up.
  3. OGM_Madness New Player

Efficiency means "in a timely manner". All the knowledge in the game won't beat "instant T2". You can still purchase Ryut Shoulders, Scarecrow Cleaver, Battery Back, CC Hood, etc., all items that have a even higher IL. Oh snap, now they'll remove those too!

[IMG]

Joking aside, I think the next logical step would be to make some tier gear account bound. Maybe make up to T2 - T3 gear account bound, then when T7 comes out, make T4 gear account bound, and so on. Before others start "rejecting" the idea, please understand that you cannot get T3 gear until you have gotten there yourself once before, gating new players from experiencing the upper tiers without going through the first ones.
    • Like x 1
  4. Ninjaspy21 New Player

I have a complaint about Legends character Circe. Her power to summon pets to aid her in battle need to have a longer cool down. Steel was overpowered because he could keep summoning mines and putting his shield on, but now Circe is the female version of steel. Since DC refuses to fix its laggy blocking animations, then the least they can do is fix the characters that are invincible in a 1v1.
    On a more positive notes, Can DC add a shovel two hand style? It would be fun to throw a shovel at someone to block break them.
    • Like x 1
  5. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

And you will now have to find Group for FOS Novize raids, if you ever want to complete angelic and remora on a char again, if you don't have the DLC, because you can't buy them from other People anymore.
    Good luck getting those Drops from a weekly loot-locking instance, which you Need to find 7 People for to run it, because there is no walk-in for Novize-raids.

Those styles have been around in the style tab for all roles for a Long time allready, btw, They are not new at all, but were very diffucult to complete before the T3-duo.
  6. 1ndab0x176 New Player

First thing...there is a shovel 2h its from the spring seasonal. Its an add drop in the gotham part of the daily mission. 2nd have to agree w everyone about no more alts. Why do i want a level 30 cr 30 alt w 180sp? I've played every role, and know how to play them, so why not make it like feat unlocking? If our mains have completed it, our alts shouldn't have to be cr locked from content. Hey even if u put a RB price on it to unlock the content like feats, that would be great and even across the board. Experienced players can build their alts, new players must run the content and SOE can make money from extra RB needed. All is good and happy
    • Like x 1
  7. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Or maybe they're working on fortifying the game so it's monetarily sound so they can introduce new products like "Character cloning", "T6 Ready alts" and also, more importantly, making replay badges viable for all post-30 content.

I have absolutely no issues whatsoever with them making their product monetarily solid. Especially if it means they avoid tactics such as what we saw last year in the T5 Nexus/Paradox raids with the best armour in the game (at the time) dropping already attuned and completely at random, turning the process of gearing up from a fair, steady progressional system to a random lottery.
    • Like x 1
  8. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

I find some arguments here a bit confusing. On one hand people say they create alts because they enjoy leveling them, then the next thing they say is, "why did you take this away because it helps my alts level faster." :confused: If you enjoy leveling, then why are you wanting to go faster?!? If you are just looking to get an alt to the top, why not just buy a power respec token for your main? If you want to run lower level content but don't want to be OP, why not just buy lower tier gear and weapon and switch that with your high level gear?
    • Like x 1
  9. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

Like I said, I already completed angelic and remora a long time ago. I also have a really good league that runs everything from Novice to T6. Plenty of opportunities for a Premium player like me. Thanks for the concern.
  10. Xzotix Committed Player

I'm thinking the problem was that too many high lvl player were powering through Nightclub (for cash items) with a lower tier player and that player missed the enjoyment of get kicked around by Grood and friends!!! Guess I'll have to find another way to make money now!!! ;)
  11. OGM_Madness New Player

I think this is what I'm afraid of the most. They might take something away, and give us what we had, but re-branded and charge us extra for it.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

So, when trading gear is an exploit like you state it, when will they close the broker for that???

No really, SOE should learn to work with "account bound" much much more. No-Trade is an un-concept in itself and really should be used for rare occasions like marks or other orga stuff (deeds etc). If you want to keep people from pushing other players, "account bound" will do.

(Can't wait for the newer players to start ranting about getting the last remora and the last barbarian piece always on the wrong toons ;) But I guess they have to overfarm the low level drops of those variants to a point that makes it impossible for low level players to finish their missions before SOE realizes that "account bound" would have been the better option :D )
    • Like x 4
  13. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Well, never. I mean, I took the fix at face value and assumed it was green gear that drops from bosses in the instance. No other boss drops tradable common loot. Only (most of) the iconic stuff is tradable. I assumed this is what they're blocking as it's evidently an exploit if a boss is dropping tradable, common gear.

You can't really do many account bound items because the game has gone the way of replay badges. Replay badges are arguably the best product the game has but having multiple alts eliminates the need to buy them, as you can just run whatever instance on whatever character and syphon the loot to the correct characters. Or in the case of T6, syphon individual pieces which can then be attuned to whatever role. So I can't see that happening. Perhaps if they hadn't gone free to play. But not now.
  14. Sbel Devoted Player

Pengbot drops "tradable, common gear" and some of the "tradable, common gear" in the nightclub duo isn't from bosses. The green gear is so low level it's completely useless at T3. It's lower level than the stuff that drops from T2 Solos. It was no more an exploit than being able to trade Bane's Belt is an exploit.
  15. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

You do realize that the last part of your answer translates into "SOE prefers to have their customers do the same stuff over and over and even pay for that" ;) ?
    • Like x 2
  16. Sorceress Katniss New Player

YES I AGREE. WE DO NEED MORE ACCOUNT BOUND THINGS IN GAME.
    • Like x 1
  17. SladeShikigami New Player

Hello Mepps Speaking Of Chances. An u read this and possibly try to convince ur developers about making this certain change. It probably won't happen but hey its worth a shot. New dodging system:
    Hello dcuo i am a ps3 user of dcuo. i am creator of all characters named SHKIGAMI. i am here to talk about a new evasive style in gameplay. i was thinking haven't you ever wanted to sway attacks or even dodge simutainiously? you know to make the battle more fun and increase your chances of survival. my idea was to to take the rolling function and exspand it. by exspand i mean like backfliping and weaving power attacks. i know some players are tired of just blocking. i sure hell am. any way instead of holding R1 and rolling, why not hold R1 and press x to execute a evasive dash manuver. moving side to side and back. of course this should be limited to a certain number or a certain amount of power. now applying this to the movement styles. while in movement mode (flight) players will execute a midair dash in the direction that they choose. instead of doing it once, how about up to 3 to 4 times. so like back dash, back dash, side dash side dash. u get what i mean i hope. after that the cool down of about 10 secs should begin before u can do all for dashes again. for arcobatics as i explained earlier, fliping back and to the side is probaly the best way to suite this movement style. fliping back would execute an increase of back flips each time the dodge is used. up to three back flips. while fliping forward would lead into the classic roll that we al know. dodging left or right would be ... i dont know cartwheels maybe. for super speed i decided to go along with a shadow dash. a shadow dash looks like someone teleporting a short distance to the direction the desire. a back dash would send the player in a diagnol pattern avoiding danger. the side dashes will have the same effect. i know i just signed up for here but i hope you all here my plea. send out the word get the change going SHIKIGAMI out.
  18. SladeShikigami New Player

Hello Mepps Speaking Of Changes can you please read this a
    Guys I have an idea for a New dodging system. Hopefully it will succeed probably not.
    Hello dcuo i am a ps3 user of dcuo. i am creator of all characters named SHKIGAMI. i am here to talk about a new evasive style in gameplay. i was thinking haven't you ever wanted to sway attacks or even dodge simutainiously? you know to make the battle more fun and increase your chances of survival. my idea was to to take the rolling function and exspand it. by exspand i mean like backfliping and weaving power attacks. i know some players are tired of just blocking. i sure hell am. any way instead of holding R1 and rolling, why not hold R1 and press x to execute a evasive dash manuver. moving side to side and back. of course this should be limited to a certain number or a certain amount of power. now applying this to the movement styles. while in movement mode (flight) players will execute a midair dash in the direction that they choose. instead of doing it once, how about up to 3 to 4 times. so like back dash, back dash, side dash side dash. u get what i mean i hope. after that the cool down of about 10 secs should begin before u can do all for dashes again. for arcobatics as i explained earlier, fliping back and to the side is probaly the best way to suite this movement style. fliping back would execute an increase of back flips each time the dodge is used. up to three back flips. while fliping forward would lead into the classic roll that we al know. dodging left or right would be ... i dont know cartwheels maybe. for super speed i decided to go along with a shadow dash. a shadow dash looks like someone teleporting a short distance to the direction the desire. a back dash would send the player in a diagnol pattern avoiding danger. the side dashes will have the same effect. i know i just signed up for here but i hope you all here my plea. send out the word get the change going SHIKIGAMI out.
  19. xXKismetXx New Player

Hi, i bought the 92 trinket and it says that it will give me 30 more restoration but i didn't see a difference in my stats my restoratiion stated the same. I tried logging out and hoping that it had changed but it didn't. I even tried taking off all my other trinkets except the 92 trinket and still nothing. So it got ne wondering, is this a bug or is it meant to just be like that? I know it's supposed to go up a bit like every other trinket made it but nothing. Please look into this devs. Thank you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.