Server Hotfix - May 20, 2014

Discussion in 'Live Update Notes' started by Mepps, May 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The following changes will be applied in a hotfix during regular restarts tonight.

Legends
    Batman
    ·Fixed a bug with Batarang Flurry that was allowing Batman to be invulnerable for a short time after firing a block breaker attack.

Loot
    Police Station (Villain)/Shady Nightclub (Hero) Duo
    ·Uncommon rewards are no longer tradable

Challenge
    Old Gotham Subway
    ·Corrected an issue with Penguin's Flamethrower Umbrella attack that caused it hit for excessive damage and hit you far beyond its visual FX range.

Gotham Wastelands
    ·Low CR players are properly gated from accessing the content that is above their Combat Rating.

Amazon Fury Part I

Missions
    Gotham Under Siege
    ·Tour of Duty: Villain - Enemies near the Boss have been moved further away and are less likely to join the fight.

Loot
    ·The Unattuned Utility Belt Drops are now able to be deleted.

Iconic Vision
    Circe's Trial
    ·Fixed an issue where Hippolyta would talk over Circe when the colossus boss came out.
    • Like x 11
  2. MercPony Devoted Player

This is interesting
    • Like x 4
  3. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Wooo my big fix went through :D
    • Like x 2
  4. Notangie New Player

The Shady Nightclub green gear untradeable...that was the only remaining usefulness to the LL dlc.
    • Like x 20
  5. Trinidad James Loyal Player

Yay! I guess there were plans/you read my post in test forums Mepps, Thanks and just so everyone knows; I'm the reason for this nerf. :cool: Please hate me forevers & evers<3.

Has the Dev team checked Robins Batarang Flurry also?
    • Like x 6
  6. OGM_Madness New Player

This is how you kill the chance of me working on a new alt. I wish you would take more advantage on the "Account Bound" feature. Seems like a long forgotten perk.
    • Like x 9
  7. BumblingB I got better.

Welp, that's it for me and alts. Also, can't even send it over to be salvaged. It's IL42, as if you can suddenly become T6 with it.
    • Like x 12
  8. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Doesn't matter what it is. It's an exploit. Gear isn't supposed to be tradable and even without this fix, that instance is extremely rewarding, anyway. If this minor change seriously affects your stance on alts that dramatically, then I don't know what to say. Especially as you could just ask one of your league mates in their inevitable full 92 DPS gear to power you through the instance in less than 5 minutes.
    • Like x 3
  9. Little Sister New Player

I guess they really don't want players purchasing the Last Laugh DLC :D
    • Like x 14
  10. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

This since we no longer get the gold gear that was account bound.
    • Like x 3
  11. BumblingB I got better.

You know, self reliance is something that a lot of people have. If you are capable of accomplishing it yourself, why wouldn't you? If you actually think that I'm being petty over this minor change, then you are severely wrong and don't know me very well.

And no, it was NOT an exploit. It was intended to be tradeable from the start. That is why it was set to it for so long. But of course, whiners that think that they know why players are bad got it in their heads that this was the sudden problem. Which it is not.

So forgive me, but this is so many steps backwards for players who like to run alts. So much so, that feat sharing? Yeah, I feel I have wasted so much money on my alts. Very good job Dev team. You have caved and made it unbearable for players who like to have alts. Final nail in the coffin.
    • Like x 18
  12. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Seriously, it doesn't matter. What level is the gear? 43? So basically T1. I'm levelling an alt I've had since Year 1 right now. Know how many pieces of 43 gear I've obtained via holes in the system?.. 0. All I literally did was run the solos to boost my renown, bought all 34 gear as soon as I could and then ran Area 51 and got everything I needed to reach CR43 and begin playing the Catwoman solos which drop vastly superior Level 50+ gear.

Absolutely no effort, whatsoever. Just for the record, too, I'm not depending on anyone to level me up, nor am I being pushed through higher tier content by friends to speed things up. I am going at the intended pace the game set for me and I'm pugging everything. I've already jumped 9 CR points in just 2 instances this evening.

If you require this... thing... in order to efficiently level an alt, than I am concerned for your knowledge of the game, to be honest.
    • Like x 4
  13. Drakonicus New Player

Are ok, B ? You seen..."angrier" then usual. By a huge margin
    • Like x 2
  14. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

....and here I was thinking that the green drops were common trash...:confused:

Luckilly I have a bunch of gold jewellery stored....although I must admit, I don't think I ever use Shady drops on alts - walking into the Catwoman instance is much easier.
    • Like x 1
  15. ShadowCyborg92 Loyal Player

I no longer like the dev team.
    • Like x 4
  16. MercPony Devoted Player

I honestly never thought it was an issue that needed patching to be prevented.... I seen this on the hotfix and wondered why it was needed (aside from Trinidad making claim on why). I never used the green gear much for alts either but now and then having a piece or two was helpful if I needed to budge a little on CR.
    • Like x 5
  17. Harlequin Devoted Player

Guess I'd better run that a few times tonight and mail all that crap to my new alt and bank it. I'll be soooooo leet once I hit 30! :rolleyes:
    • Like x 3
  18. AJPro Committed Player

Can we get a clear announcement post about WM. I know the post about fury, guardian, swarm, and spores nulling WM but now I heard electrics vb and eg will cancel out WM. How long? Does it nelly it? Would like a nice clear post of these type of design changes/decisions please
    • Like x 3
  19. ErnieB Loyal Player

hmm still no word on when the marks cap will be fixed.
  20. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

This makes completing Barbarian, Angelic and Remora style basically DLC-dependend again, if you can't buy missing pieces at the broker anymore.
    Those were even a source of income for me, because I was able to sell those pieces to People, who can't enter the duo, but who want to complete the style feats.

This.

I can't welcome all the resent changes, that make leveling up alts more tedious again.
    If you have 5+ chars with CR100+, then you're tired of doing low-lvl-stuff the slow way again.
    My alts were what kept me in the game. I hope slowing down the alt-leveling won't make other People stop playing, as soon as they are bored of playing their one char.
    • Like x 14
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.