Test Discussion Save the Universe: Release 3 (Wonder Woman)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Millbarge, Oct 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I saw the warning on your other post and I'm still wondering why, lol. This is quite ridiculous considering all of the hostilities came from someone else. Oh well.
    • Like x 2
  2. Bipolar Diva Well-Known Player

Thank you so much. I missed a lot of you guys here.
  3. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Some people just love to gatekeep content. Best reason I can find.
    • Like x 2
  4. zNot Loyal Player

Feedback for the Elite raid: In my opinion on the first boss of ares Elite all groups should have equall difficulty,there should be 4-5 essences not more not less.

Meaning once you defeat one essence you can attack ares untill he loses 20-25% of HP (no time limit) some groups will do this quicker then others but the result will be the same. And then the second essence comes gets killed then ares can be taken to 50% again no time limit and this should continue and this way meta OP dps buff trolling abusing players wont have much of a difference vs other groups.

Damage dealers should not influence the difficulty in Elite raids,such designs have to be avoided and it gatekeeps most players from Completing Elite raids.

Dcuo should imo not have damage checks and dps centric designs at all on elite raids. Theres almost no skill to that it just means you Must use a buff troller and you must have other meta things.

Difficulty in Elite raids should be about difficult mechanics and high difficulty for Support rolls not about using buff troller and having x times more damage then other groups.

Thanks for reading :)
    • Like x 3
  5. Charon Lead Content Designer

Have you tried after the hotfix today? What other issues do you feel need addressing beyond those? Please do continue to give feedback.

I'm not sure we're at a point we can fundamentally changes things such as increasing phases, repeating Essences, etc. with the new hotfix is anything else needed at this point? We do have limited time that we can react sooner than later before we return to EP42 work.
    • Like x 2
  6. zNot Loyal Player

I would say depending on how long this elite raid is staying on live you could decide if its important to change or not,but its seriously such a insanly long fight to get past first boss only because of not having a buff troller and very high single target damage the first boss isnt even difficult its just the damage and i also dont think that decreasing the HP will do that much but is still better then no change but ideally what i said in my previous post with the phases etc there would be the ideal change because it gatekeeps everyone who isnt using a buff troller and meta gadget and other stuff etc.

The changes that were done in the hotfix are great for the regular raid but dont really impact Elite to any degree. But i would be fine if no changes are made,EP42 should be priority. And with the release of the other STU raids soon people can play the other 2 raids.
  7. Charon Lead Content Designer

The pets/allies not triggering the heal was meant for all modes so that should help elite. I expect Elite players to follow the rules and suffer if they don't so the heal proc otherwise is the same and the healing when the Essence is too close to Ares is the same.

Decreasing the hitpoints is an easy change if that is really needed.
    • Like x 3
  8. zNot Loyal Player

That change was good definetly and i agree with that players getting punished on elite raids but in this case the groups on elite dont have issues with the essence fron my experience,what i realized is that ares is only attackable for a very short time maybe that can be adjusted? The time on where hes attackable? Many groups are barely able to take down any meaningfull amount of ares HP per phase thats the issue.

The issue is purely about not having a buff troller in the group and very high Single target DPS and meta things in the group it has nothing to do with difficulty,it simply takes too long to take ares down if you dont have the above stated meta things. Just to clarify.

So maybe you should be Decreasing his HP and increasing the time where ares is attackeable per cycle? ofcourse the meta players will have a even easyier time this way but atleast other groups can advance in the elite raid too.
    • Like x 4
  9. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I have to agree with zNot, unless you're running with a buff Troll and some high single target DPS, the Ares fight is ridiculously long and tedious. The mechanics of the fight itself are fine now but it's just really sluggish. This situation is just going to force Elite groups to cherry pick their DPS players in order to be more effective, therefore alienating certain powers.
    • Like x 3
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Do the Warring Shades have proximity aggro like Ares does? If not, can you implement it? What happened in a few runs was that they would spawn, jump on the tank fighting the Essence, splitting their damage and causing things to snowball.

If you could find a way to make it easier for the other tank to pull the Shades away from the essence, that would be helpful for the groups I’ve been in. Maybe you could also give the Essence itself proximity aggro in case both tanks are new to the raid and don’t have their ST pull.
  11. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

It's not fun or rewarding but at least you can pug it now.
    • Like x 2
  12. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

Ok sir so far...
    I was only able to get into one of the very few runs and need up in a second boss group with a bud.
    THEY report that it's much better concerning the essence but Ares HP is too high slogging the boss fight down.
    Now My experience here at second boss is the judges are "doubling up" on skull attacks in addition to Unfair judgment. This means eggs and judgment together sometimes and it's on spam frequency. Their HP seems a tad bit high but some groups may shred it. The skull on Unfair judgment seems to work in most cases but the tell is easy to see. Edit...the "tag out" can be looked at concerning aggro.
    Reforming group at this boss. Will report asap and hope this and other feedback helps.
    • Like x 1
  13. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

I need a lozenge on all these call outs for every skull XD
    • Like x 2
  14. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

Is "shamed ascension" attack by Aeacus supposed to be a one shot? Blocking this and "unfair judgment" by Minos together is tough.
    • Like x 2
  15. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

Good marn. More feedback to put with others for TOTDe...

1st boss: The change had a unique effect that's pretty good. IMHO, IMHO... It seems about right if ran certain ways.

2nd boss: The judges HP could be adjusted slightly as currently with the frequency of the skull attacks it a pilfering contest.. who can kill who first. The one shots or our damage. As mentioned the skull attacks are TRIPLING up frequently (unfair judgement, stomp and eggs or beam). Blocking unfair judgment and evading eggs is tough. The beam Is a quick skull one shot in most cases. The boss tag out is suspect as they lunge across the room sometimes at non tanks.
    With that mentioned I haven't been in a group that can beat the judges so far to feedback Hades. Hopefully a hotfix will allow that. Almost there tho. Thanks and hope this helps.
    • Like x 1
  16. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I buff troll and have ran a 200 cog and 200 claw with all prec DPS’s and have still found it to be a long and tedious fight. I think most are in agreement that part of the intended and expected difficulty of elite boss fights is having to properly execute the mechanics several times and not just once or twice. But there’s a point at which the length aka health pool is no longer an aspect of the difficulty and just becomes a tedious marathon. I had this issue with with Zeus in FGSe too. You get to the point where you’re like “ok, we’re a good group and have now executed all the mechanics, timing, positioning, etc near flawlessly 6,7,8 straight times in a row now. Can this thing be over already?!?!” Lol

I remember that one week where there was a bug making Zeus double the frequency of the mechs. I was like “I’ll totally take that if you could just chop 5-10 minutes off this fight!” Lol

I haven’t ran TotDe since the update though. I’ll probably run it at some point in the next day or three snd report back.
    • Like x 4
  17. zNot Loyal Player

Imagine how it is for groups who dont have a buff troll If you even as a buff troller with the meta artifacts at 200 say it takes long lol
    • Like x 4
  18. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Ares health is just too high. It's causing everyone to stop paying attention because it's just soooo long. If he was vulnerable longer then it's fine. Think I counted 10 essences. Would be the exact same fight with 5. Lowering the health seems the easier choice vs recoding so that hes vulnerable for a set amount of health but I don't know anything about game making stuff so whichever one is easiest is the way to go.
    • Like x 1
  19. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

Just curious, we where asked to provide feedback on TOTDe and we are but no reply or fix that has been requested by many applied. Many have gone into detail as to why this raid needs to be looked at. With this being a short lived piece of content I'm guessing they are over it and this is what we got till December. Where are the green names and hotfixes?
  20. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

So what's the deal?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.