Test Discussion Save the Universe: Release 3 (Wonder Woman)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Millbarge, Oct 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I do prefer they concentrate on other things so that's why I'm ok with just a quick health adjustment vs any other changes. It was adjusted very quickly to go up prior to release. That was what the community, albeit a small portion, asked for. So they did adjust very quickly. Completion rate can tell them if it's worth the time involved. It's being completed, it's just tedious lol.
    • Like x 1
  2. zNot Loyal Player

I think charon has said it above there ep 42 is priority and they cant do any major changes to TOTD E and i also think that ep 42 should be more important since we will get the other STU raids soon anyway and they will be gone after that but ep 42 will be permament and a very important episode.
  3. Yaiba Committed Player

I think it doesnt matter that much, if you dont have buff troll then dps can run one of the buff art (tetra/cog), also you will have to play differently for that fight
    . Kill essence -> burn Ares -> burn adds then repeat
  4. zNot Loyal Player

It does matter and you know it claw,coq,amulet at 200 buffs up the damage of a whole 3-5 dps by xx amount if you count that per DPS player in this raid TOTD its only 3 DPS in other raids this effect is even greater because we usually have 5 DPS in elite raids.

And we can already see the groups who have 3 DPS in the ares fight and no bufftroller vs groups who have 3 dps with buff troller the gap is big as i said with 5 dps this gap is even bigger. (Also it increases the damage of everyone not just the DPS) This aint something balanced, its the meta.

So see that does make a big difference and it explains why every single top endleague is using it just the facts.

This is probably the biggest overperforming thing dcuo has,this damage buff made the gap so massive.

Add EoG spamm and gadget prec to this and players act like they are skilled. Devs shouldnt allow players to have such a big gap especially for content thats supposed to be a challenge and should be (imo) equally challenging for everyone.
    • Like x 2
  5. Yaiba Committed Player

Like I said, if you don't have those buffs then you can play slow and safe (essence -> ares -> adds), it's a viable strategy for groups that don't have buff troll/dps. I know the gap is big but if you dont have those things, why try to play like them (ignore adds). People just make this fight harder by ignoring those adds....
  6. zNot Loyal Player

Thats easyier said then done though and its the more difficult way to approach it.

So groups that dont use meta buff trolling etc have to show more skills of survival etc then the topendgame leagues/players themselves that just do pew pew with 3x times more damage and make it faster/easyier for themselves with this way? Its really not fair to the playerbase especially to allow some players to take advantage of the meta and have such a wide sprectrum (gap) between groups purely caused by things that have nothing to do with skill.

To me it should be as equal as possible if the goal and the point of elite raids is actually about skill.
    • Like x 3
  7. August Moon Well-Known Player

Heres the issue . for every 1 add that dies you get 3 more. " Then dont burn the adds and just wait on the essence to die , even better "right ? not really . The time between essence spawn and essence time to die is so long that by the 3rd essence those adds will start to die by the tank doing his best to hold aggro, which is where the real issue comes in . The adds arent proximity so they go for whatever is generating the most aggro at the time , usually its the healers because theyre the only ones that can do anything. The tank cant just pull them back because when more adds come out hes reaches his aggro cap (16 adds) by just pulling the wandering adds hes basically swapping one add for the other . Another add from his group will just walk away and go after the healers. And for a fight that takes like 6 to 8 essences to finish with average burn and a buff troll , imagine it without one of those components. Youre gunning for like 9 to 10 essences at best. And because the Hol bots are wonky ( you need to hit ares for a while for the bots to target him) they can be a bit unreliable . ( Ive watched an essence tank pop Hol bot and it instantlky teleport to an add and kill it )

I would say reducing the health and or reducing the spawn time might be best for the first boss , but if it means something goes extremely wrong with the next episode ill take this pain for now and just avoid the raid all together
    • Like x 1
  8. Yaiba Committed Player

Where did you get that info? It's not entirely true, my group did kill adds while waiting for essence, and I'm sure there was no 3 adds spawned. They're more like time based, so you will want to kill them before essence appear (to make sure you dont get 16 adds for the 2nd tank). For adds that instantly jump to healer, you have troll to CC them (not all the times but atleast it buys some times for the tank to pull them).
  9. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Not sure if this was already posted.

Is it intended for you to be able to use Orbital Strike on Ares while he is shielded? All other attacks will do 1 damage but orbital will do damage as normal.
  10. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Also would it be possible for the second boss judge attacks to ignore shields? Kinda like the update that we had with the dark red energy in PCe.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.