Test Discussion Save the Universe: Release 3 (Wonder Woman)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Millbarge, Oct 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Millbarge Developer

This thread is for feedback for the Release 3 content for Save the Universe.

Duo: Raising Hades
    Alert: Themyscira Divided
    Raid: Throne of the Dead

Please post any feedback or issues you find.

Thanks
    -Millbarge

Available on PCTest:
    • Duo: Raising Hades
    • Alert: Themyscira Divided
    • Raid: Throne of the Dead
    • Like x 2
  2. Eve YouTuber

I only ran it one time yesterday, but I feel like Ixion the False Lord needs more health. He dies really quick for elite. And maybe make him abit more challenging, he is the only boss and he is quite boring to fight against.
  3. BumblingB I got better.

The two Harpies are a boss as well.
    • Like x 2
  4. Eve YouTuber

oh right, and the three dogs. I was very sleepy typing this. They don't feel like bosses at all to be honest. They all die so quickly, I wish it had some feeling of challenge at least. Skull attack or something.. At least last boss.
  5. BumblingB I got better.

I remember struggling with the Harpies and Ixion upon launch. Ixion has this AOE he does that is really hard to get out of. And the Harpies were hard to hit. It's possible they just need a little more health to have the mechanics play out. I would have to test it to see. At work right now.
    • Like x 2
  6. Eve YouTuber

Would love to hear what you think. I might have to run it again, damage wise, they hit fine. I just want some interesting mechanic or something as It's elite.
  7. zNot Loyal Player

Im not expecting a elite duo to be difficult or challenging so apart from some HP increase for the bosses im fine with it.

Just hoping the Elite raid will be very challenging.
    • Like x 4
  8. BumblingB I got better.

Ones that didn't have elite mechanics to start don't get a big change when scaled up for elite, usually just more damage and health. Ones that did have an elite version before, would have the elite versions now. (In this case, Throne of the Dead and Phantom Zone.)

I can't imagine them having enough time to rebalance several year old instances for a half tier filler episode designed for us to have something to do while they work on a big change or gap between full episodes. I don't think that would be in their scope.

It's also a DUO, which is a lot different than group content that requires roles. Looking at FP duo, which was the first elite duo, it was balanced pretty well. The elite version had more mechanics and health/damage on npcs, but it was still completable with two DPS. Albeit, with struggle sometimes.

Raising Hades duo was quite a struggle for at level players, I remember the Harpies and Ixion were the hardest to handle. The Doggies were annoying, but they were easy to kite around to complete. I feel that just making it where the bosses get a chance to do their mechanics is probably enough for balancing elite on this half step dlc, but again, I haven't had a chance to test it. I'll see if I can pull a leaguemate in later today, but I'm not sure if I can. Stuff happens.
    • Like x 2
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

The Elite version took 4 1/2 minutes to clear with a lot of that time being allocated to the dialog and matinee scenes. The actual fights were really easy. I'm not really sure what the intended level of difficulty is supposed to be here. Both group members were about CR 339.
  10. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

Considering both of the feats for the elite duo/solo and the elite raid goes up to 50 and you have to run 250 raids/solos/alerts for the overall feat...I'd like all of this content to be moderately easy. This is not even a real DLC. I've already downloaded this content before, therefore its not a DLC and the only thing new is the new hub and the awful stat clamping. You have to do 50 of the elite raids, I want it to be somewhat on the easy side.

But I already know what you're going to say to this.
    It must be hard, I want a new tier of elite gear, I want impossible SM raids...all your usual stuff.
    • Like x 1
  11. zNot Loyal Player

You are not entilted to get all feats so you would agree with me if it was a real dlc that doesnt have such feats? I mean this episode is almost done anyway not a big deal - im just hoping the next episode elite raids will offer the challenge.

I assume the devs want them to be farmeable considering the previous elite raids in this episode And im fine with that for this episode since its not a real dlc.

But when the next episode elite raids arrive on Test (real dlc) you need a different argument :)

Will we be able to get those feats after this dlc is done?
  12. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Difficulty seems spot on for the duo. Hope the other WW content follows suit.
    • Like x 1
  13. BumblingB I got better.

Just was able to pull a leaguemate in.

Damage is fine, their health is too low. The harpies was actually the hardest part of the instance. Ixion has like no health. The doggies have more health than him.

Other than that, damage is fine. Mechanics is fine. My leaguemate was in full 295 gear, I was in 300 gear. (What we logged in with.) He died to the Harpies and almost died to the Doggies. Though he was getting their aggro over me. (Which makes me sad, since I hardly got hit to benefit from Aquaman's buff.)

I'd say, they just need a bit more health and defense to just extend them a bit to be able to do their mechanics.
  14. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

I have different arguments. But I'm also not someone who's ears perk up and show up like Beetlejuice when they hear difficulty, hard content, easy content or something like that. I don't mind challenge in a elite raid. But what you, a particular YouTube and everyone else y'all run with never seem to understand is that this is not the game game it was many years ago, its not the same community, its not the same level of skill in the community, their is also a MUCH bigger divide in the community skill wise then their used to be. Honestly, you and other people need to drop this shtick of trying to make everything everywhere so hard. Because first it was normal and elite raids that your type of people were trying to buff, then you started backing off of normal content and started focusing more on elite. But it wasn't always elite, people tried to get normal raids to be harder too.
  15. Light Bender92 Well-Known Player

Surprised you guys didn't go with Gates since it would've fit the retro theme better (especially since throne already has an elite version) but I'm not complaining.

As far as the duo goes, its very easy. I have no problem with this however, I don't mind it being easy to do considering we have to grind out so many of em for the feats, most I'd do is increase the health values but even then its not necessary, the bosses taking longer to kill won't somehow make it more difficult lol.

As long as the raid is done justice then I'm fine with it as is. Please I love DCUO so make this elite raid punishing; having 2 very easy elite raids back to back has been beyond boring. Everyone has had more than enough time to get full renown by now so lets end this off on a high note.
    • Like x 1
  16. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

A few questions, on hades Elite duo is possible to add an addition harpy or only stats changes can be made?

I didn't test any of this myself, but from the feedback it was really easy.

Well, I will wait and see for the elite raid.
  17. HiiDere New Player

On Themyscira Alert (Elite) the second boss teleporter , it teleports you to the open world content instead of into the boss fight.
  18. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

wish these were permanent, wouldve liked to see a real elite duo upgrade. Cerberus replacing the dogs, etc.
    • Like x 1
  19. Millbarge Developer

Submitted a fix for this - it should be in the next PCTest Update

-Millbarge
  20. Millbarge Developer

All of the Release 3 Content is now available on PCTest.

• Duo: Raising Hades
    • Alert: Themyscira Divided
    • Raid: Throne of the Dead
    -Millbarge
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.