Test Discussion Save the Universe: Release 3 (Wonder Woman)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Millbarge, Oct 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OnlyNomad The One Above All

The fact that things are being changed based on 1 tester's feedback is kind of concerning.
    • Like x 2
  2. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

The adds on Ares have nothing to do with Ares. If your group chooses to not separate ares from the adds to kill him then that is just very poor strategy and planning on that groups behalf. Orbitals hit through his shield, there is plenty of burst ST damage available through allies and the supercharge you can earn standing around doing nothing while the essence dies. Heath tuning can be subjective so there is that.

If one group decides to take the time out of their day to test the content the developers put on test server and only one group then whos fault is it really then? Anyone is free to give feedback but when only a small group of players are willing to put in the work to run it and provide that feedback then the sample size is just as that. The community is 100% to blame at that point, asking the developers to test content themselves isn't feasible nor logical.
    • Like x 3
  3. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

Ok, first the orbital thing as our just saw works but it's minimal. Second of course we are using three tanks and separation. The ads keep spawning so at that magic number they...including punishers rotate to other tanks. It used to be 3-4 essences, as of today it's taking groups, on live 8-10 essences. Do the math, y'all feedback was either taken overboard or it caused this raid to be NoT fun. They will adjust this as I'm not seeing any badges gained on this. Again, this is on LIVE, not test and from one groups feedback. Check it out yourself, on LIVE.
  4. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

As for the testing part, I agree that the test pool over the years has dwindled, but to say it not feasible to test is just... So y'all the QA now? Not saying it's y'all fault chill . If anything the group in your vid in test should have considered the LIVE server as a whole, not just your test geared/experienced group. We/they are not all able to do Pc things on live like swapping, open gear vendors, etc. No do we/they have the pc to do so. They can test and confirm. Either way it's not looking good on LIVE rn right?
    • Like x 2
  5. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Read again, please. I never blamed anyone, I never asked for the devs to test themselves either. I simply pointed out how concerning it is that our testing pool is so small and that everything is being changed based on the experiences of a very small amount of testers.
    • Like x 3
  6. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

We were considering LIVE as you put it, that group is 1/2 PS players forced to use either keyboard and mouse or a gamepad because they play on console but use their PC which they aren't familiar with for test server. Also there are numerous EU based players in that group and now they are pinging to a server in Las Vegas instead of the Netherlands. Any testing group im in isn't just going to dumb down the raid for the sake of players on LIVE server that refuse to follow mechanics or strategy. I'm not saying the health pool is a perfect spot on Ares but unless some other players want to put ANY effort into the games content and come on test server I can't see their POV until it hits live server.

In regards to a QA team no, there is no real QA team in DCUO its us, as the playerbase. So you get what you put into it. No one tests, then you get buggy unfinished raids. Guess how many times Flash to the Future Elite was tested? maybe 2 times and guess what it was completely broken on live server.

I wanted to run Themy Divided Elite on test for a video multiple days during the week and it was a ghost town or a few people just making styles from the quark vendor. I have discords I can shout in and would have 1 player here and 2 players there etc but unless its a massive release at the start of an episode test is dead. Never ran Phantom Zone elite either and look how that turned out as well on live.
  7. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

Wow, I have no reply. Good points. Hopefully they adjust the current version tho as it's not fun... At all.
    • Like x 1
  8. Luke© Well-Known Player

It’s not over buffed in the slightest, if you are struggling that’s because you have either low sp, artis or general experience.
  9. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

See nlike Obsidian, you threw shade. So now we have this Convo. I do not have low arts(all 3 are 200) I have been playing since 2012, and I don't have low skill. You don't know me but Obsidian does that's why the discussion stayed on topic. This could have stayed civilized but you took the elitist route. Next time Luke stay outta grown folk conversations. If you don't have anything good to say then don't say anything. People are hating this experience on live. It's not just your Luke world.I stated in my stream you would take this route and you did instead of being civil. Oh yeah I'm at 500sp. This is up for a month. No need for it to be exclusive to Elitist like you...Luke. Try to be mature here bro
    • Like x 3
  10. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Dead kings at 200 helps a bit lol. Tac swapping gadget precs, 2 eog heals, 3 tanks, and a buff troll and it's ok. On live, I'd say Ares has too much health. It's not a hard fight just takes forever as is so unless you run the aforementioned setup, at best go down to one heal, it's just a long boring fight with a ton of standing around doing nothing unless you're the Ares or add tank.
    • Like x 2
  11. August Moon Well-Known Player

This is a bit of a asinine mindset to have for this specific raid. From what i can gather you only ran this raid twice with the same people using the same specs. How many times did you swap specs and still get through it ? were you all prec? were you all might? what powers were the tanks? im pretty sure you all were using 200 arts with each person using a maxed out HOL bot ally.

What im trying to get at is you pretty much bottle necked this elite raid for people who run only one set up. For test server this would be fine , all you need to do is leave the instance , walk over to the test bots and switch to whatever role or playstyle you need , for live youre pretty much finacially or grindingly punished for daring to want to switch , causing you to be stuck and unable to complete said raid. For a game that prides itself on the plethora of choices it contains its starting to become very exclusive, power, artifact, dps and now ally wise.

And before you say "not everyone should be able to run elite " i very much agree with those sentiments to a degree. if your skills do not measure up to elite levels . if you cannot give power , stay alive , dodge block or work your way around mechanics by all means elite is not for you. but you should never have to pay $300 (assuming you buy the psn bundle for 15k mpc) (not including catalyst or seals ) to max 3 new artifacts , swap to electric prec , grind for 2 new weapons , remodify your stats points , buy or grind enough exobytes to max out your new head and leg augments just to hopefully have enough damage to pass 1 boss fight in one elite raid that will both be removed in less than a month and overshadowed by the new dlc , lets be real here
    • Like x 3
  12. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

This! Man this. See this is very well put and includes the LIVE server experience as a whole. I won't repeat the points but try art swapping on the PS4 or Xbox. Should they be excluded? Don't have a PC, should you be excluded? Work a lot but love the game and have skill... You get the point. Hopefully that post puts it in perspective for the Devs. But they will fix it or it's a slow month for badge sales .. can't reset what's not locked. @millbarge should read this and the other thread. Proofs in the pudding bud
    • Like x 1
  13. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.
    Just to clarify, I would like to thank those who took the time to test the raid TOTDE. I truly believe that Ares current HP was not your groups intention rather to give us a good, fresh challenge. Unfortunately not only was said adjustment overdone but it has caused a divide and is alienating the newly reacquired players and returning players that are not looking for this insane level of gaming that is Ares high HP. It should not be required to have one cookie cutter build, power type, gaming type for artifact swapping, etc to complete 1 boss fight. Again, the devs should test their game, this would avoid these type of issues.
    • Like x 2
  14. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

over checked Ares HP sir. You must be out of town because...yea...Uh not looking good XD.
    • Like x 1
  15. Yaiba Committed Player

Throne of the Dead (Elite):
    . Aeacus's special attack and its red skull appear at same time, is this a bug?
  16. Bipolar Diva Well-Known Player

I don't want that at all. I want content to be able to be run without a premade group. I enjoy elite content but also want it focused on mechanics NOT sponginess.( Health/damage buffs. Instead add new mechanics to the bosses.
    • Like x 2
  17. Bipolar Diva Well-Known Player

Not understanding your hostility towards others. You seem extremely defensive concerning this subject.
    • Like x 2
  18. zNot Loyal Player

Okay this issue isnt just this raid,its about eog spamm,buff troll,gadgets prec dps. spamming shields to avoid one shots. This has been going on for a long time but is visible now because it shows that only those groups that abuse OP things complete the elite raid.

To the rank 200 artifact buff troller with meta artifacts eog spamm gadget prec dps or other meta etc using groups/players that say its not difficult ,do it without the above stated things and tell us how easy it is most groups dont abuse broken things and adjusting content for the meta chasing players has nothing to do with difficulty,they bypass the difficulty by using the Above stated things.

Most groups even at endgame dont have acces to a buff troller and eog spamming healer.I myself have max artifacts fully but it doesnt matter how well i play if you dont have a buff troller a eog spamming healer gadget dps you WILL have x times more difficulty then the elitists who have players in their group using meta things.

The gap between players is massive purely due to meta things which has nothing to do with skill. As much as i want difficult elite raids this is simply not equal difficulty.

Also its not the fault of the dev he took the feedback that was given and it was detailed he just did his job.
    • Like x 1
  19. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

Well I got shutdown by Mepps. So I can't provide feedback in fear of ban. So I hope this gets addressed. I am not having fun and can't even try to get something done about it. Having second thoughts about advising folks to come back to DC in my stream. Happy Hunting folks.
    • Like x 1
  20. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

I remember you Diva and welcome back. You were quite vocal back before the mass Exodus from the game. Cheers!
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.